If you were injured or assaulted in another home or a commercial establishment, you could develop serious bone fractures. It is important in a situation like this to call a bone fracture injury lawyer in San Diego to help with your case. These kinds of injuries may also occur in car crashes and other roadside incidents, as well as in sports.
Consult a bone fractures lawyer who can help guide you through the legal ramifications. You may be able to file a civil suit against the responsible parties. The damages you will receive will depend on the severity and type of bone fracture you suffered.
Types of Bone Fractures
Here are several common types of bone fractures:
- Skull fractures. These can be particularly dangerous, as they can bruise the brain, and cause bleeding around the brain area, which may be fatal.
- Facial fractures. These fractures can occur during a front-end collision and your face impacts on the dashboard or the seat in front.
- Neck fractures. These injuries are extremely dangerous. You could end up being a quadriplegic, or you may no longer be able to breathe on your own.
- Arm fractures. Arms are often fractured in car accidents because they’re not restrained by seatbelts. Fractured elbows will require repair surgery, and fractures in the shoulder joint are particularly serious too.
- Wrist fractures. These are common in many accidents and falls, because people instinctively reach out with their hands to protect themselves.
- Rib and sternum fractures. The ribs and sternum combine to form your rib cage, and they can be fractured especially in car crashes. You can fracture multiple ribs easily, as these bones are actually very thin. Sternum can also fracture especially when you impact against the steering wheel or dashboard. These fractures can also press inward, and it can puncture organs like your lungs.
- Pelvic fractures. The pelvis is usually well protected but it’s vulnerable to extreme pressure—such as when you’re involved in a car crash that causes you to eject from your car.
- Hip fractures. The fracture may occur in the ball of the joint, and this can make you completely unable to walk. To treat this, surgery must be performed and an artificial joint may have to be put in.
- Leg fractures. These injuries are very common in car crashes. Your legs are vulnerable in both front-end collisions and impacts from the side of the vehicle. These fractures can be horrendous, and sometimes you may even see bone poking out of the skin. Often, surgery is needed to repair these fractures.
Even these are a limited list of the types of bone fractures that are out there.
Hire a Bone Injury Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one is suffering from bone fractures due to an accident or assault, you need to talk to a bone fractures lawyer. Your lawyer can evaluate your case and determine if an injury claim or lawsuit can be filed against the other party. Remember that bone fractures can put a major strain on your finances because you’ll need to spend money on medical treatments and therapy. You could also lose your job due to your inability to work.
At our firm we have personal injury lawyers from San Diego that are willing to talk about your case. We are fully committed to helping all our clients get the justice and compensation they deserve. With our bone fractures attorney, you can rest assured that we will fight to protect your legal rights.
We encourage you to contact our office today so we can evaluate your case and discuss all your legal options.