Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

 Can you go to jail for not having insurance with the new healthcare bill?
When the bill passes into law, can people, both with and without jobs go to jail if they don't have insurance? Thanks in advance guys, this one is worrying me....

 Should cigarettes be banned in the US?
I'm doing a debate assignment and i need some facts....

 Is it common for lawyers to ignore you?
I hired a lawyer to represent me in a civil suite on a securities and exchange case. The first lawyer told me he was in over his head and wanted to pull in specialty lawyer so we did that. The new ...

 Why is having a barbeque illegal?
Ok not exactly, but in most states it is illegal to have an open flame outdoors, which means that you can not light a grill, which means you can not barbeque. Who's brilliant idea was this and ...

 Can I be liable for someone getting hurt on my property if I have no tresspassing sign?
I am putting up a swing set and do not have a fence up yet. If I put up a no trespassing sign, can I still be held liable if a child comes onto my property w/out permission (I'm not home) and ...

 My girlfriend was raped but doesn't want to tell authorities?
Well my girlfriend tells me that her ex had actually raped her about two months ago, but refused to tell me until recently.

However as much as I wish for her to tell someone, she refuses, ...

 Can my employer give me a disciplinary/sack me because of snow problems?
I live on a steep hill, snows very bad/deep. My car is off road because of accident. I managed to get a lift to work all week although I started an hour later and finished over an hour later. Also ...

 Incorrect sexual harassment query?
I just recieved a phone call from a police office saying that I had been accused of "touching someone inapropriately" in the toilets of my school.
I am 19 and just starting University, ...

 Should I sue for a store not honoring their return policy?
I bought an iPad on 08-06-10 from the university I attend in Tennessee, and attempted to return it, opened, but with receipts and original packaging. The manager refused to accept it. The manager and ...


 if a baby was born in the U.S. and the parents is illegal immigrants is the baby a U.S. Citezen?

 I got a speeding ticket in NY for going 97/55, what are my options? I'm from Texas and I have Texas licence?
The cop indicated he used laser to get my speed. Is there a way I can get away? The cop put my car color wrong on the ticket though. He put Blue instead of White. Now Blue and Black or green would be ...

 Sue my teacher and or school?
I am a pretty good kid and I get decent grades, but this year I've been having problems with one of my teachers. He refuses to tell me what the work is and what the homework is and he sends me ...

 Do dead people have rights?
If so what are they?...

 are we getting stimulas checks this year ? and if yes when?

 Can landlords give preferential treatment to friends?
My boyfriend & I went to an open house for an apartment. The building manager follows the policy of "first come first serve". We were the first ones there, so she said that she would ...

 Child support: What you all think: Is it worth all the trouble, Or is it costing more than its worth?
Just think of what it cost just to operate: Sheriff fees to serve papers - Arrest - Roundups - and such, Court related cost, Rest areas in Tennessee Using Billboards advertising non paying parents (T...

 can I set up a living trust with out a lawyer?

 Is it illegal if im 18 and the girl is 15?
I really like this girl and shes almost 16 but im 18. i live in north carolina and idk about the laws. but this girl really wants to hook up with me and i really want to. is it illegal?...

 I have lived with my girlfriend for four years. She wants to evict me. Can she?
My girlfriend owns her home, her name is on the mortgage and title. We have lived together for four years. We have never signed any type of lease or rental contract. Much of the home furnishing ...

Avon Lady
Son's father has no driver's license, what to do?
My son's father has no driver's license, due to a string of DUI and drug related offenses that he has never seen fit to clear up.
He and I have joint custody of our soon to be 4 year old son. Dad gets off probation in April (from what he says). He's been on probation for as long as I've known him, for DUI, drug charges and domestic violence (against me, when we broke up). We are currently getting along well and he appears to be doing OK, but I have yet to get the court to insist on showing me a drug-free hair follicle test OR a driver's license. I have retained a $400 per hour attorney to get visitation changed to supervised until he can show me a driver's license and a clean hair follice test. Without a lawyer, the judge's response to my request for hair follicle was "What if he's an addict"? I KNOW HE'S A F-ING ADDICT, that's why I want custody changed but they won't do it. Question is........is it worth it or will they give him his way anyway?

Show all answers
Post your answer

2008-02-01 06:59:55 +0000
fight for your child he deserves to be safe with you. if i had a child i would give all of my money and power for his/her safety.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-02-01 06:54:50 +0000
Well then you should tell him you don't want your child in the care of a drug addict.

i'd say the attorney will get you some where that you want to be.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-02-01 06:56:32 +0000
You made your case in my court! But that's not the one that counts....Fire the attorney! He isn't doing crap!

I don't know who to smack first...your ex or your atty.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-02-01 06:53:43 +0000
Fight it! Your child's safety is at risk. You should be able to request this info

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-02-01 06:59:45 +0000
Even with the drivers license he still might drink and drive. I would only have supervised visits. Even after he has been drug and alcohol free for about a year.

Protect your child.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-02-01 08:17:11 +0000
Find a Women's Advocacy Program. They could probably help you more then the $400.00 per hour attorney.

What's the problem finding out if the guy has a drivers license? I would venture to guess, he probably doesn't. Do you know for certain that he's still "using?" Are you or your well paid lawyer allowed to speak to the father about these matters or are they "confidential.?"

I'm confused as to whether he's in jail and soon to get out or is he back living with you and will be off probation in a short time.

If he has nothing to hide, then you should know if he has a drivers license or if he's still "using." It's pretty obvious to me (could be wrong) that he doesn't have a drivers license.and he's still "using," I would also question his probation.

If you want supervised visitation, that's telling me you don't just him, which I don't blame you for.

My advise to you is to go to Women's Advocacy. You'll get the needed support and they can walk you through the things you need to know about your rights as a mother and how to better product yourself. They should be able to help you with your issues. No offense here, but if you're low income, you can get a Judah Care Card that entitles you to a lawyer, at no cost to you.

Don't wast your time trying to get information that obviously you're not going to get. Go some place you can get better help/care in you situation. There is also child protection.

Good luck, thinking about you

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-02-01 06:53:17 +0000
just look at britney spears....keep the fancy lawyer and im sure the judge will try to protect your kid.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-02-01 07:06:28 +0000
The license is not the issue unless he is driving without it, especially with your son in the car. If he is, perhaps you could get the local police to arrive as he is picking his son up--they can ask to see his license, registration, and proof of insurance. If he doesn't have them, they may be able to impound his car, and even if they don't, they won't let him drive away.

But as I said, the real issue is whether he is clean and sober when he has your son with him. If he is okay when he picks him up and drops him off each and every time, there may not be a problem. Few active addicts or alcoholics can control their habits well enough to do that. Also, if his probation officer was on the ball, he was getting urine samples from time to time during the probationary period. I don't think you have a legal right to demand a drug test of any kind.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-02-01 06:54:40 +0000
Fight for custody now! Don't worry about the DL, that's going to be secondary to any drug-related probationary measures that come up in court. I hate to be rash, but cut your loses, and get your child!

And they WILL do it. If he's failed mandated drug tests, your almost assured that. And if your attorneys are not telling you that, they suck, and you should dump them immediately.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-02-01 06:54:30 +0000
get him a nice bicycle

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-02-01 06:58:14 +0000
It is worth it on many levels... as you pointed out there was domestic violence to you. he takes drugs and if the custody is not changed then he might be taking it around your kid. And at his age kids are very impressional... going through child education at that age they want to copy their role models, and want to explore, what if your son finds his stash? The court will not lean his way if there is proof of a past problem and they are still happening. Most judges worry about the child, and if it is shown in court that he is not a good role model you should be able to get what you asked for...

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, August 3, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy