Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

 Under what grounds could your traffic violation be thrown out?
my younger brother got a speeding ticket in AZ and they wrote that he was a female....

 Alrighty so my mom took the engagement ring...?
My mom and this guy have known eachother for a year. He proposed to her (well not really, more like forceably gave her this ring and told her he was going to marry her and that they were going to ...

 Do I have to pay out of state parking tickets? i live in New york and got a parking ticket in Maryland?
Should i pay it? also they only recorded my license plate number but they didnt write down the VIN ( vechile identification number)
Additional Details
It was in baltimore , baltimorecity....

 Are prank calls illegal?
Every night for the past 3 nights, I've been getting phone calls from some man saying things like: "you will die in 7 days", "your time is coming" etc.
I've tried ...

 i received a missed call from an unknown person, read below?
well, i receved some missed call from an unknown person,

when i called them back, they had a very offensive voice message saying about leaving their daughter alone, if not they will find ...

 Why not introduce IQ tests for driving Licences?
In NSW Australia our road toll is already high ... eventually they will debate over what to do...why not introduce IQ tests as it is perfectly obvious that some people do not have the intelligence ...

 If i wanted to become a cop what should i do to become one?
is there specific schooling i should have?
what is the best path to get ...

 I was caught shop lifting?
I was caught stealing a candy bar and was "arrested" wasnt put in handcuffs or anything. I had to appear in court months later then sentenced 40 hours of community service, 3 years informal ...

 The Courts are to be: For the people, by the people--What can the people do to stop Officers of the Court?
Judges, from corrupting their duty by finding Police "innocent of charges" when the Police murder innocent citizens, helpless, unarmed citizens? A Bridegroom at a bachelor party killed, an I...

 my girl friend failed her drug test?
my girlfriend is on probation and is almost done but about 10 days ago she was rapped and she went into a self destructive mode and started taking fists full of xanax just so she could 1.forget ...

 I got a speeding ticket..does my mom HAVE to find out?
I'm 19 and the car is under my name, but obviously i'm under my moms insurance. If i just pay the ticket, will my mom find out that i ever got one?
Also, i'm trading in my car for ...

 Will you get into more trouble if your underage and have 8 bottles in your car compared to 2?

 Can the police confiscate the phone of someone they arrested and use it to call people in the contacts?
because yesterday I got a call from a phone owned by someone i know and when i answered, they claimed that it was a police and they had arrested the owner of the phone, looked through the phone, and ...

 Drunk! i was recently fined for reentering a premises after being ejected. can i avoid paying the fine at all?
Under NSW law, they have a fine of $550 for not leaving a premises after being asked to leave.

I re-entered the premise as I was not banned from club (as it would be no different to me ...

 Why am I, and you treated like a criminal when we've committed no crime?
Increasing surveilance and data collection is imposed upon us by the enforcement agencies.
Finger printed at airports and when arrested by police are now mandatory and the records held forever ...

 Pulled over for 100 MPH in a 55 MPH in NJ?
So I got pulled over for a 100 in a 55 on I295 in NJ. They gave me a ticket for 45 MPH over the speed limit and a reckless driving. I went to court tonight and the prosecutor recommended that I ...

 if i get arrested when im 15 for burgalary, can i become a police officer when im older?
is this is going to ruin my life ...

 I called the cops on something that I shouldnt have...how do i reverse it?
My boyfriend and I have been together for a lil over 3 years and he has a history of abuse. We recently got into an argument where he bit me & took the keys from my hand than fled the screen. we ...

 Why does law enforcement intentionally provoke citizens and harass them?

 im 19 and reccently recieved a DUI what will happen to me, i had a clean record now im scared to death?
I dont need any harassment, yeah i screwed up and now im paying for it, its not the end of the world. Just let me know what to ...

that guy
single father, felony probation. Failed UA,weed,meth. Is there hope for me, what will happen,how aproach judge?
I am looking for anything that gives me encouragement. testimonials. ideas, recources. I will do anything except name another for leiniency. I am in minnesota and have cases open in two counties. will I see both counties and do time for both or since it is all from same case just split because I crossed county lines will they run concurrent?????????
Additional Details
I haven't actually been given a choice to give up "resource".I have been on paper for a long time. I just made a bad decision in desperation while acting out from a relationship went sour when I found out baby not mine and she left me and our son. Not that this matters to anyone, but people keep saying I have a choice... I don't. I have noone to give up unless they want me to name the bar I was at. probably never see them again.

Show all answers
Post your answer

2009-05-20 19:30:13 +0000
Your lawyer will have to persuade the prosecutors in the two counties to run them concurrent, unless they wind up consolidated (which makes the most sense to me) because they are part of the same criminal transaction.

You can't approach the judge yourself, obviously. About the only hope I see for you is to try to negotiate drug treatment in lieu of jail. Possibly in-patient. Even if it means being away from your child, the child is better off with a drug-free father once he comes home.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-05-20 23:20:08 +0000
You need a lawyer to represent you in both counties. If you can not afford a lawyer request a public defender.

You broke laws in two counties, you will face charges in both counties. Both courts will know about all of the charges against you. I would not expect leniency. It is highly likely that your probation will be revoked and you will finish your sentence inside prison.

Sometimes bad decisions have very bad consequences!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-05-20 19:27:43 +0000
It's a tight situation, but at least you have an option...to talk. Who do you care more for...your child's life or the person you're protecting?

If you do talk, make sure it's to a decent lawyer first.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-05-20 19:22:07 +0000
I suggest you do whatever it takes to stay home with your kid. Otherwise what will happen to them? Foster home, life at your relatives? Basically they will be raised never knowing you because you chose an addiction over them. You have to kick it one way or another that is no life for a child. Do what you have to do even if that means turning your sources over. But whatever you do get rid of it.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-05-20 19:33:26 +0000
Start with getting into rehab, and fast. If you haven't made any attempt to change the judge is going to come down hard on you. Second, you might want to try having a close relative (no friends obviously) take custody of your kid while you're in rehab. This will do two things; one, show the judge that you're serious about rehab and not exposing your child to hard times, and two, on the chance that you do face jail time you won't lose your kid to children services (which would make it near impossible to get him/her back).

Second, you NEED to hire a lawyer. At lease consul with one who can tell you how to address your charges. You can't go into this blind. Last, just to emphasize how important hiring a good lawyer is, the fact that you have two open cases in two different counties really, really hurts you. Though its unlikely that another county will go after you if you've already been convicted in the other. However, it does set you up if you're released from one county having the other county swoop in and convict you.

Hire a lawyer, now.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-05-22 00:49:03 +0000
hey i'm sorry, that sux really bad... but have u ever heard of a public defender? cuz on ur court date where u plead 'guilty or not guilty' u can plead 'not guilty' and then u can ask for a public defender, if u dont have a job they're free, and they can really help u. but u cant have a job when you go in there and ask for one. i'm in trouble right now too, dont have a job, but, i have a public defender and even though some people deserve to do time for what they did, public defenders can really help you out. seriously if u mess up more than once though ur screwed. meth is bad and u should try to quit. it'll be hard- only if your around people who have it on them and are doing it. try to keep urself busy doing other things... anything! =)

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-05-20 19:21:04 +0000
You need a lawyer, and quick. From a personal standpoint, I believe it would impress the judges if you checked in to rehab and completed the rehab. Ask your lawyer.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.174
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Sunday, August 2, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy