Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

 My friend hit my neighbors car, and drove away?
The other night, I went out with my friends to a party. My friend drove me home around midnight. The next morning, my neighbor came over and asked if I'd hit his car backing out of my driveway. H...

 what did i do wrong then? what did i di illegal?
grandma lived alone for ever, i was her favorit, she never went to see her dr. she never went to e.r unless we forced her, she moved in wit me an refuse to get outta bed, her "home nurse" ...

 My brother was recently beaten by the police while cuffed? ?
My brother was recently beaten by the police while cuffed? He was arrested for going up stairs at a bar thinking he was gonna find a bathroom and walked in to the owner of the bars apartment upstairs....

 Will I have a warrent if shoplifted, ran and got away? Store knows my full name.?

 are police officer job losses on the rise?why so many getting fired?

 What do you think about this law? Should this law be passed?
If you witness an assault, you have to do everything you can to stop it or break it unless it puts you in physical danger. You must call 911 or any authorities for help.

What are the pros ...

 Can you get arrested for self defense?
If someone broke into your home and were starting to or was harming family or friends in the home, and you beat up or even killed the burglars, could you be arrested for this or is it ok because it ...

 I got banned from stickam for showing my genitals, can i be arrested?
serious answers please, im like freaking out , im sorry for it i thought it wasnt a big deal cause everyone was doing it ! , im like about to cry ! please help !...

 can I go to jail for this?
I went to an airsoft war at this one place, and halfway through the war I found out that it wasn't the person's property who invited me. When I asked him the person said that it was nobodys ...

 plea bargain vs trial help please?
if group of 4 guys are involved in a criminal case, and one has nothing to do with it, and they have no evidence against him, but was offered a deal, if he goes to trial instead, are they looking at ...

 does new mexico extradite to arizona?

 Who has the right of way, emergency vehicals or the mailman?

 will the police impound my car or give me a hard time if my tags have been expired since January?
my cars a california car. it's here with me right now in iowa. and i'm driving back to california today.
Additional Details
I do plan on registering my car when i get back to CA...

 Would my parents get into trouble for this?
My brother (14) grows weed in the house. I'm not sure whether he is selling it or not. I told my friend about him growing the weed, and she said that my parents will get into trouble if my ...

 Why the heck did the cop want to search my car so badly?
Last night I was driving from my friends house when I got pulled over for some strange reason, the officer wouldn't tell me. I gave him my ID and he checked it and it came back clean. He then ...

 If a 15 year old gets pregnant by an 18 year old, what could happen to him?
If she's turn 16 in 2 months, and they've been dating for almost 2 years.

If her parents don't do anything, can the law do anything?

Thank you in advance....

 Would I get a ticket for doing this?
When I go to pick up my high school son from school there is a highly enforced sign that reads no stopping, standing, or parking on both sides of the street for about 1000 feet so you cant stop to ...

 I was raped 3 years ago...PLEASE HELP!?
When I was 18 I went to a party and got really drunk to the point where I think I might have been drugged.I was raped my a 16 year old. My friends heard me screaming NO, but didn't do anything ...

 if you get caught stealing from a store and the police are called, will they search your car?
my dumb friends are in trouble as we speak and they are texting me all scared. i think n they got caught before getting in their ...

 i have a piss test in 7 days from my probation officer. i only smoked 2bowls like 3 days day can i pass?
or what do i have too do just tell me and no bogus anwers please this is ...

Answers Answers
Can I request to see the evidence, that is being brought against me?
Anyway, I had a question about accusations of me stealing. You can look it up if you want the real details. SO I got my papers and it stated i did steal, I definetly didnt!!!!! So I wanted to see the "so called evidence", the police stated i do not get to see or have a copy of the evidence without 1. a lawyer requesting it and then it is faxed. or 2. in court. So my question is, can they deny me the right to see the evidence for the accusations that are being brought forth? I was told by my lawyer I could request the evidence, but if I wanted to save money I should attempt to do this with his guidance but not withhim in court, its just a summary charges. Anyone please help :-D
Additional Details
If it is just a summary offense?
Cause right now I have alot going on.......
Will it show up on my record when they do background checks?

Show all answers
Post your answer

2009-01-16 17:25:30 +0000
You have no right to see the evidence, unless you are defending yourself at court. That wouldn't be a wise move. The statements and the productions will be notified to your solicitor prior to the trial. If there is an intermediate diet, disclosure would take place then.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-01-16 17:09:12 +0000
You have no right to see the evidence until such time as the charges are actually filed. At that point, you can request it directly through the prosecutor, who must produce it to you so that you can prepare your defense. You may still have to pay copying fees, etc.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-01-16 17:12:29 +0000
if you've been arrested a police report should have been completed, and that a public record. they normally have to to be completed by the end of a officers shift. in a police report they have to put the Elements of the crime in there. when u were arrested, if u were, u should have got a copy of you arrest ticket and a case or report number should be on it. take that number to that dept. records division and that will be the first step.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-01-16 17:07:25 +0000
Call your lawyer and tell him the evidence will not be released to you by the police. Ask him to get it for you. He may be tryng to save you money, but this part didn't work.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-01-16 17:05:21 +0000
your gonna have to take a bite of a crap sandwich and get a lawyer. you dont want this showing up anywhere in the future.
Get your lawyer involved

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-01-16 17:05:18 +0000
In the legal system every thing cost money. 1. Your lawyer can request to see the evidence and if he has not done this. How can he defend you. he is not doing his job, he needs to see it before the day in court. If you going to trial then you better get lawyered up and play by the legal rules. If there is no trial, then what are you doing. Never talk to the police. They are not your friends.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-01-16 17:13:53 +0000
Yes I agree with you that I would want to see the evidence. Especially if I know that I'm innocent. I think that it is against the law for them to with hold the proof that they say is against you. I do believe that you have to go through a lawyer to get it done. They are not going to trust you with handling that evidence. Don't make no deals to get off without a fight. How can you defend yourself if you can not at least look and view the evidence. Make your desire to see the evidence in writing. Give one to your lawyer one to the police and to anyone that is important. Someone has to allow you to exam at least a paper saying what the evidence is.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2009-01-16 17:06:44 +0000
Quit trying to save the money. Most courts won't show you anything without your lawyer present. He should also ask the prosecuting atty the proof as "he said, she said" is not a viable motive for the cause. Spend the money. Obviously, the cops just took the word of the other person. Fight this or it will go on your perm record.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, July 6, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy