Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Immigration
Legal Discussion Forum

 Which of the tropical Commonwealth of Nations is easiest for a Canadian to immigrate to?
Must be able to get a visa or some sort of work permit to earn enough for food and shelter. The country must be near the equator, not like canada or UK.
Additional Details
I'm ...

 my sister got a mail from days hotel in Canada as a accountant job?
i am from Chennai my sister got a mail from Days Hotel and Conference Centre Montreal - as a accountant job please any one tell me can i send her cv and fill the visa form which they have mailed it ...

 what is the best way to lift a ten year ban in the USA if your able to be sponsored by your son?

Additional Details
all her kids are american and is ...

 married to a us citizen?
im syrian who is married to a us citizen during my visit to usa then went back to my country to complete some issues. what should we apply to so i can go back there?
(when i was in usa i had a ...

 What are the requirements to sponsor my husband ? ....?
i recently became a naturalized citizen and i want petition/sponsor my husband so he can have a green card . we've recently married , although we've been together for 3 years .. he came ...

 Should I apply for Dual Citizenship? AUS-USA?
would I get citizenship if I apply for dual citizenship to America from Australia or do I have to get a visa or green card? and live in the US for 5 years then apply for dual citizenship??...

 what is the process of imigrating someone to america?
how can i sponsor a family to come to america legally?? they are all blind and need support and im willig to do that for them here but i need help to get started on the ...

 i have been convicted of an firearm offence in new zealand 2 years ago can i still fly to america?

 I asked this b4 but, if I am from Canada and am inlove with another country is that bad?
i love Mexico! i wana live there etc. im not proud of being C...

 I'm English, living in USA and married to an American citizen?
I'm going through the whole status update/permanent residency stuff but i heard i will have to pay taxes to UK when i finally get to work .. . anyone know about this ?? i'm not in the ...

 Questions about residing in different country as an U.S. civilian?
hey all,
I really need a good answer for this because i think im in a serious situation right now..
well first im born in south korea, i have a mother who's korean and a father who was ...

 How many countries have laws that limit immigration to a certain level?

 how to permenantly relocate to U.S.A from U.K?

 is better that the petition is filed by there fiance or parent?

 I am interested in asking some Q to someone who is a Canadian that now lives in the US about the process.?
I have heard all bad stories about Canadians who want to live and work in the US but are being denied across the border, etc. Are there any happy stories? What is the process, etc....

 Canadian Multiculturalism. What do you think?
What are some pro's and con's of Canadian Multiculturalism?

Are you in support of the multicultural policy? If not, why might it not work?...

 Working in the US on a work visa. What happens when you get laid off?
A dear friend of mine is working in the US on a visa. Her visa was acquired by the company that had hired her. They have just laid her off, and she now doesn't know where she stands. Any idea ...

 My mom was born in the US. Her father was born in UK. Can mom become dual citizen..then can I?
My mother was born in the US in 1965. Her father was born in the UK. I'm told she had dual citizenship as a child, but had to choose at a certain age. Is this true? Can she regain her status ...

 how can i apply for the american citizenship?
if my dad is 53 and my mum is 52 is that a problem? My dad is a manager in a well-known bank and I work and am pursuing my masters degree. My mum is a housewife.
Additional Details

 Why do people use the silliest excuses...?
I look upon comments to articles such as http://buzz.yahoo.com/bu just for kicks after I read the article and see horrible comments of hate and reply comments to those that are just ...

Dfnjvjfvn Bvfivb
how a british citizen can move to usa?
im a british citizen and wanted to move to america, how much money do you need to invest or give the goverment to be able to live in usa full time. a family on my street moved to usa but did not have jobs over there they just had alot of money and have lived over there for years. how much money would you need to live somewhere like anaheim, california and who do you go and visit to make this move happen? thank you for your advise

Show all answers
Post your answer

2010-08-17 15:34:18 +0000
Good luck. We don't let normal, hard working, self-sufficient English speaking people in anymore.

You'd be better off flying to Tihuana & sneaking across the border.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2010-08-17 15:32:29 +0000
Official info here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2010-08-17 15:44:54 +0000
Marraige or of you have skills Americans don't you could get sponsorship. Investment needs to at 1m

It's almost impossible for a British person to move here.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2010-08-17 15:45:55 +0000
Pick a visa

There are basically NINE ways that you can get a visa to live and work in the US:

(1) Marriage (or engagement in anticipation of marriage) to a US citizen.

(2) You have skills that are in short supply in the US e.g. scientific or medical training. A degree is normally a must. Or you have superior specialist skills with at least 12 years experience. (H visas)

(3) You have an Employer who is willing to transfer you - but even the employer has to make a good case for you - so you have to be a manager unless you fall under category (2) above.(L visas)

(4) You may get a Green card in the diversity lottery (UK citizens, except N.Ireland, are not generally eligible unless you, your spouse or parents were born abroad or held a different citizenship.

(5)You own or buy business (does not get you permanent resident status i.e. no green card)You must be a national of a qualifying Treaty countries. The business must have a minimum value of around $150k (more the better) bearing in mind you will need somewhere to live and with any startup business you will need at least 2 years living money as back up. So a figure of $350k would be a nearer minimum (E-2 visas)

(6)You are an "investor" i.e. you have at least US $1m in assets to bring with you. half of that in a few areas. And your background will be investigated to the hilt. (EB-5 visas)

(7)You have a close relative (mother, father, brother, sister and no further) who is an US citizen who would sponsor you, approx time this take 2-12 years?

(8.The R1 visa is available to foreign members of religious denominations, having bona fide non-profit religious organizations in the U.S., for entering the U.S. to carry on the activities of a minister or religious worker as a profession, occupation or vocation

(9)THE UNUSUAL You are in a position to claim refugee status/political asylum. or You get a member of Congress to sponsor a private bill with legislation that applies just to you.
The S visa issued to persons who assist US law enforcement to investigate and prosecute crimes and terrorist activities such as money laundering and organized crime

Recruitment agent will not take you seriously if you are not already in the US. Writing for jobs is really a waste of time; likewise US employers have no idea what foreign qualification are or mean (except Degrees) it may pay you to get your qualification translated into a US equivalent, there are Companies that do this (www.wes.org) ..
But if you are getting a visa under (2) above then you need a job offer before you can get the visa. Your Employer will be your sponsor this will cost them upward of $5k. So you can see you have to be offering something really special to get considered They may also have to prove to the Dept of labor that there is no American who can do the job if the position is to be permanent ©

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.164
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, August 3, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy