Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Immigration
Legal Discussion Forum

 i am a us citizen my child was born in canada how do i make my child a us citizen ?

 my residency is going to expired, and I do not know what to do.?
The thing is that my father ask for me when I was 9 so I did not know what was happening and now after ten years is going to expired and my dad died months after I arrived here. I do not have paper ...

 i was charged with petty theft not long ago and i'm thinking about applying for my citizenship.?
i'm a green card holder and i've been living in the state for 6 years now. how will this affect my naturalization and what do you suggest that i do? will i get my citizenship or will i be ...

 How much it will cost to own an English man? do u own one? if so how much did you pay?

Additional Details
by New Labour Voter good answer:) ...

 Why Human rights convention apply to English people in england and it doesnt to immigrants living in england?
you dont believe me ? go visit london charities and see how many immigrats live on the street. u will meet people from many different countries. many of them were working in england b=then they lost ...

 Why does companies like apple Bees, taco bell , & so on hire illegals with fake paperwork?

 from what do the american government afraid off?
why do they put so many obstacles to anyone who wants to enter the states as a tourism or want to work there or anything ? sorry for my E...

 Why do we need Illegal Alien Reform?
I hear about Immigration Reform all the time. My future wife is going through the immigration process right now. From what I understand, the Immigration Reform will have no effect on people trying ...

 im 19 years old and would love to move to new york.?
Im not studying and would like to go alone. I hve no family over there, id get any job till i find my feet. Am i aloud to move or do i need a job or something? can someone please tell me how i can ...

 What ways are there to get a US green card ?
Can u get one by doing charity(peace missions) and stuff like that ? Can u "earn" it ?

thx in advance
Additional Details
btw, i'm from C...

 I just turned 17?
I just turned 17 a couple hours ago. I have to work on my birthday to :(

My friend wants us to go get drunk because Ive never drank before. Hes in the Marines and is 24. Should I do it? My ...

 i am a green card holder. i want my boyfriend to get his green card also. what is the easiest way to get it?
I recently got my green card and is living in the US. I have a boyfriend back home and I want him here with me but he doesn't have his green card. What is the easiest way for him to get it?...

 Hello i m french but i got married in us, now im divorced, i have my green card. id like to do my us passport?
where can i do it faster, and how long, someone know that
thank you so much
A D...

 Does the President have the power to order the local police departments to release illegal aliens?
Obama to sheriff: Release undocumented immigrants

When will he ask the same of Mecklenburg County Sheriff Daniel “Chipp” Bailey?
Let’s hope soon. Don’t know if you’ve ...

 I am from America and I am searching for a nanny? I am willing to help a qualified nanny obtain a visa.
I will be honest I am not sure how this works, but if I find someone as serious about being a nanny as I am serious about finding one. I will do all that I can. I will not tolerate scam artist. I ...

 Why cant i just live in america?
The UK let anyone and everyone into the country whenever so why can't i just leave england and go and live in america?...

 Do you think, we'll see any new changes in our immigration laws?
There are many illegal immigrants living in this country. Few have left back and many are still here working hard to take care of their poor family(ies) back home.
Thousands of families are ...

 Can i Get My Passport Without My Parents Knowing?
D:! Yeah Uhh It Says It All....

 What european immigrants are responsible for making america what it is today?
British americans

german americans

irish americans

african americans

or italian ...

 How easy/hard would it be for an English illegal immigrant in the USA to find work and a place to live?

* jasmin *
Hey guys...I have a friend who came to Canada about 7 years ago with Student Visa. His Visa expired 6 months ago....recently he got caught and was detained for a couple of days. He got bailed out and will be attending a hearing on his status and whatnot....my question is....is he at certain risk for deportation?? I mean is like "no exception, you will absolutely be deported" or is it subject to change regarding the situation? If so, on what grounds can he can be excused?? I'm just really worried...
Additional Details
Okay...but what if I marry him?? Then can he stay?

Show all answers
Post your answer

2008-09-26 07:46:21 +0000
marriage will not stop deportation

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-09-26 03:03:44 +0000
He has violated immigration law by overstaying his visa. In fact, as soon as he completed/terminated his studies, his visa became invalid and he had to return home. He'll be deported. He will not be coming back to Canada. And as a deportee, he will not be eligible for any kind of visa practically anywhere in the world. He will be staying in his own country permanently -- they have to take him back, whether they want him or not.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-09-26 11:49:17 +0000
WHY did he not renew his visa? too lazy?
If you marry him, you must prove it is a genuine relationship,

but yes under CIC rules you can marry him and sponsor him, BUT he must get back into legal status before he can be granted PR status. If he does not become legal then he will NOT be granted PR status.

From the CIC website: (see link below)

Sponsorship of Spouses and Common Law Partners Within Canada: New Policy Announced

On February 18, 2005, Minister Volpe announced a new policy intended to facilitate the processing of spouses and common-law partners of Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, who do not have legal immigration status in Canada.

In accordance with this change in policy, regardless of your
immigration status in Canada, you may use the application package - Applying for Permanent Residence from Within Canada: Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class if:

* You are (illegal and are) in a bona fide marriage or common-law relationship with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
* You live with your spouse or common-law partner in Canada
* Your spouse or common-law partner wants to sponsor you (and your dependent children) for permanent residence in Canada

This is very misleading. And it is NOT well known in Canada.
- so all those who say he will be deported do not know the Canadian law and are probably thinking US law - which will deport an illegal person.

What this rule actually says is that if you are out of status amd married to a Canadian PR or citizen, then they can apply to stay legally by the canadian applying for permanent residency. The application will NOT be denied (it used to be that it was denied if you were living here illegally).

But while the application is being processed, the illegal person MUST pay the money (a few hundred dollars I think) to get back in status, and then once they are in status, they MUST remain in status while the application is being processed. If they drop out of status again, they do run the risk of being denied PR for being out of status since they went from being legal to being illegal.

Now all this applies ONLY to those applying from INSIDE Canada. It has nothing to do with anyone applying from outside.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-09-26 04:13:23 +0000
if you marry him, he will still be deported and you'll then spend years FIGHTING for him to come back.. its not impossible, but its is unlikely.. if you want the marrying plan to work, you should have married hi before it expired.. then apply for a fiance visa or something and provide an affidavit of support... in such a case, you'd need to prove to the US Govt that your not just marrying him to keep him in america, but your marrying him because you love each other...

its a very difficult thing to do

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-09-26 03:07:25 +0000
Even if he had a good reason for overstaying his visa is still expired and he has been in the country illegally. Whether he leaves on his own or they deport him he still has to leave.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-09-26 03:04:16 +0000
Yes pack your bags

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

2008-09-26 08:04:14 +0000
its way too late, its 3 months maximum after his visa/study permit expires to renew/restore it, after that its illegal and marrying now is not going to help, he needs to get a good lawyer if he wants to fight it suggest legal aid if he cant afford it

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Sunday, August 2, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy