What documents should I submit if I wish to renew my passport?
The regular requirements for the renewal of passports (for holders of green passports) are:
1. Original old or expired passport;
2. Accomplished passport application form (affix left and right thumb marks on spaces provided in the presence of a Consular Officer) and affidavit of immigrant status;
3. Three (3) recent photos (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm), ROYAL BLUE BACKGROUND, taken in a photo studio or professionally taken within the last six months before application;
4. Photocopy of passport data page;
5. Photocopy of permanent resident card, work permit or record of landing; and
6. The passport processing fee of USD$50.
Note: Since May 17, 2010, the Philippine Consulate General in San Francisco implemented the processing of the e-passport. The e-passport contains an integrated chip, the latest technology in travel documents, which will increase the integrity and security of the Philippine passport. All Filipino citizens applying in San Francisco no longer have to submit photographs, as pictures and finger prints will be taken on-site--the costs of which are already included in the application fee of sixty US dollars (US$60) for the e-passports.
If you are holding a brown passport, you should submit the documentary proof of your complete middle name (original and one photocopy) in addition to requirements A to F. You may present your birth certificate, baptismal certificate, landing papers or your driver’s license as the documentary proof of middle name.
Applicants should also submit a self-addressed US registered Mail, FEDEX or UPS envelope for the release of their passport along with the regular requirements.
What documents should I submit if I wish to apply for a replacement of lost passport?
Replacements for lost or destroyed passports take fifteen (15) to thirty (30) working days to process. When applying for a replacement passport, you should submit the following documents:
1. Personal appearance and interview.
2. Duly accomplished application form signed by applicant, or in case of minor below 8 years old, signed by one parent or the legal guardian upon presentation of proof of guardianship, and bearing applicants left and right thumb marks.
3. For minor below 18 years old, notarized Affidavit of Consent to Travel issued by either parents, or legal guardian upon presentation of proof of guardianship.
4. Duly notarized Affidavit of Loss giving details of circumstances surrounding the loss of passport.
5. Police Report, in case passport was lost as a result of robbery, theft and other similar circumstances.
6. Three (3) identical 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm photo with royal blue background.
7. One (1) original or certified true copy and one (1) photocopy of Birth Certificate authenticated by the NSO (original Birth Certificate is returned).
8. In the absence of an NSO issued Birth Certificate, one (1) original and one (1) photocopy NSO issued Certification of No-Record of Birth, one (1) original or certified true copy and one (1) photocopy each of other documents that may be required by the Consular Officer pursuant to RA 8239 and D.O. 11-97 such as Baptismal Certificate, Seaman’s Book etc. (Original documents are returned).
Was this answer helpful to you? Yes