Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

Who would win a fight, UK SAS versus US Navy seals ???

Is too much money being spent on the war in Iraq?
Another 556 billopn dollars? How many schools could be built on that money?...

If you captured bin Laden, what would you do to him?

Jew's the firsr terrorists?
The problem originated soon after World War 1 when a large numbers of jews began to settle in Palestine, hoping to set up a Jewish national home. The Arabs and Palestine were implacably hostile to ...

Females in combat...your opinion of?
Just found out that while women are not allowed to hold combat MOS (jobs) they are put into combat zones. So they can be shot at and blown up but they are not allowed to have jobs that make them ...

My husband is serving a one year tour in Korea and has only been gone 2 months. We have 4 children?
They are all under the age of four so I can't go unaccompanied very easily. Hoew can we get him home? We are barely surviving this, I can't afford a babysitter so I am with them 24/7. We ...

Why do people serve their country in the military?
What belief, moral, or value would you risk your life for?
Additional Details
Okay... why are people calling me unappreciative? I was just asking what your opinion was on why people join....

Do you consider the life of an american citizen to be worth more than an iraqi's? be honest.?
be truthful state your reasons yes or ...

I'm a civilian, is there anything wrong with me wearing a military uniform to parties 2 pick up girls?
If not, what side of the uniform the medals go on and is 30 medals too much?...

Who would win in a fight. The British Military or the US Military?
That's against each other now. No nuclear devices please....

If america really does go 2 war wit iran who will win?

Who will be the first country to use Modern Nuclear weapons and why?

Greatest weapon on earth?

How can people treat returning soldiers in this country with such contempt?
i am sickened by reports of soldiers, who, after risking their lives to serve their country, are verbally abused by mindless yobs who have done nothing but take from society. often, i have heard my ...

Was iraq behind 911?
just curious if the right is still clinging to that one....check back in a short while and you wont believe what you see....

How can you people actually think we are doing good in Iraq right now?
oh i know its because you watch the facist news or its because its what our gov't says.....how can you say we are not targeting civilians? we go in and shoot up a whole f**king town with ...

Why do we kill people who kill people to show them that killing people is wrong?
do you know the answer?...

What would you do if a terrorist was going to kill your loved ones and ?
the only way you could get the information needed to save them was to waterboard someone. Would you waterboard them to save your family?
Additional Details
Ed j-I didnt ask if ...

Our troops are oppressive occupiers, at best, and murdering rapsists at worst, why would anyone support them?

Additional Details
I seem to be getting fairly simple minded answers.

Consider it this way...

Why should we not hold the individuals who are perpetrating ...

Do you regret getting fooled into joining the military only to find out you were?
very foolish and could have made a better life and lots of money out in the real world?...

so_stellar09
Why can't women join the Navy SEALs?
My sister and I were arguing about it, I said they couldn't and she wants to know why, but I don't know why either..

Show all answers
Post your answer

felixthecat_556
leagly, the government is supposed to let women join the navy seals, and no, not all women are weak, or afraid of breaking a nail, it's called working out.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

x_cybernet_x
Rating
because they are "to weak"
they have to many faults "have to wear bra manicure etc etc"

RottinDog
Rating
Isn't bad enough to have B.A.M.s
(Broad *** Marines)

Tina L
Rating
I am not sure. I think if a woman really wanted to be a Navy SEAL she'd have to train very hard--but personally, I don't see why a woman cannot be one.
You would have to look at the SEAL database and see if there are options for women there.

Jamie
Some have tried but can't pass the physical part of the tests. I don't believe either that the tests should have lower physical standards for women. The job doesn't get any easier because you are a woman.

Lady Baltimore
Rating
As stated by a gentleman before, there are physical boundaries that hender women from joining. The standards are not set unfairly, it is just mission necessary. If you are deployed for an extended period of time women would not be able to take care of their necessary hygiene. This is why women can't be in special forces. And to be truthfully honest, I don't think men could handle women being in those environment (hence all the macho comments). Women are strong. I was in a combat communications so some of our training did require us to pick up and carry guys in the fireman's carry, 60 lbs ruck in full battle and etc. But I'm like 5'10 185lbs - the average women is about 5'6 120lbs. So the physical requirements for seals are extensively more difficult. I wouldn't take it personally against women if I were you. When you are at war you don't have time to worry about equal rights you need to get the job done and whoever fits the requirements should be the ones to do it. Most guys can't pass the physical part either (including the one's who stated that women are weak)

Thomas
because the military doesnt want to put women in special forces in line of fire on the field.

idontkno
Rating
they can if they can make it .but there have never been a woman who wanted to be a seal.

uallsuck.com@hotmail.com
Rating
navy seals r 4 men, not 4 women cause theyre not strong enuff n men have more experience not a women thing 2 join da navy seals

doc
Rating
women aren't allowed to join any combat job in the military. the reason is never stated, as far as i can tell. i don't think the american people would take to kindly to women killed in action in a war.

§ЕЖ
the us gov is still predigest against women... they want some branch of the military that they can be proud of, and they think women arnt strong enough... i think they should be in bec if they can endure the pain of pushing a 7 pound baby out of their gine then they can handle just about anything

slabsidebass
Rating
i'm not positive,but i believe delta is the only sof in the U.S. armed forces who allow women into its ranks.and,i believe,that is strictly for cover and intelligence gathering.

elliottandelliottmtg
women are not strong enough

BluntTrama
Rating
I just read a few of these answers. Ewww, please. Could some of you be more offensive, and you know who you are.

1. No they can not.
2. GI Jane was fiction
3. As a female I don't think we belong there for several reasons(none of which are that women are not strong enough, smart enough, ect.)

women should not serve in infantry positions
1. Men and Women in close quarters form relationships.Those relationships cause problems with in a unit.
2. There are some distinct biological reason for a female not to go over a week without bathing. Risk of serious infection. The female urethra is 2-3 inches, Males hopefully at least 7. I'm wondering about this crowd though. (Where the pee comes from)

BTW
Women are allowed to fly attack helicopters. (Apache) They have been able to do that since 1994-95. You have to attend SEARS school. Which is tough as ****. That would scare me.

preacher55
Women are not permitted in front line combat units in any branch. No women Seals, Rangers, Green Beret's, etc.

Sahara
If all of us women join in arms we can change the stupid policy ............Just think guys/men how would you feel if you were not allowed to play a favorite sport you fantasized about?heart breaking isn't it..... same goes for navy seals...who wouldn't like to be in the navy seals?

Meh
The Navy doesn't allow them to. It's not personal, but a lot women soldiers don't have the necessary physical strength. A LOT of men don't have it either, men that consider themselves in very good shape. The SEALs take only those that can handle it, and a lot of people can't.

mrcricket1932
Mainly because most men can't make it either. The percentage accepted is very low.. like 15%. Is just too rigorous!

Nicalo22
To Sarah, Your a ******* liar your aunts best friend is not a navy seal so stop bullshitting and women are not strong enough to be Navy Seals.

John Luke
Rating
We don't want our women hurt in that unit.

tardis1977
Rating
because they are women

women should be OUT of the entire military unless they sign up for the draft as males have too on their 18th Birthday

Q~T
Rating
It's not that they are not allowed to. It's just that there have not been any who qualified before.

shirley e
Rating
No women cant be a Navy Seal, they dont think women are tough enough. FACT

senior citizen
Rating
To "Sarah" -- Do you think your aunt's best friend is ready to cut an enemy throat with her dive knife? That's part of the job.

To "Hotbellydancer" -- Anyone who can't judge and hold off for wind isn't a sniper. At 400 yards, that can be a foot easy, and that's a miss.

razor9876
Rating
Quite simply, women are not physically capable of completing the training regimen that Navy SEALs must go through. It does not matter if they ever allow women to train for combat, a woman will never be able to complete SEAL training.

In general, it is a horrible idea to mix genders in a combat unit. Romances and chivalric feelings would greatly increase the chances of disaster.

gonefornow
Rating
The Navy SEALs are a combat unit. Congress has yet to enact legislation that permits women to serve in a combat arms unit. Under current US code, women can be on combat vessels and in areas of combat action. However, under the law women can technically train in a combat unit, serve in a combat unit, but not engage in hostile action in an area of operations, *but* a woman can be in an area where fighting is taking place but cannot bear arms in a combat situation. A key example would be female nurses. They can be in the rear are of a combat action and could be caught in combat action but they cannot technically defend themselves or engage in offensive action.

Until the laws change, which might happen soon, women cannot engage in offensive action in a combat zone; hence, women can't be Navy SEALs.

hugh.G.rection
Rating
No, they can't. I went through BRC (Basic Reconnasiance Course) at Coronodo Island, the same training that the SEAL's Go through except they call it BUDS (Basic Underwater Demolitions School).

Women have genetic factors (Vagina) that would keep them from being able to be on deployment in a field setting for extended periods of time. Also, the argument comes up that "If I was shot in combat and needed to be dragged out by someone, is a 100lb woman going to be able to drag my 250lb a** outta there?" It's a risk not worth taking and no person in combat situation wants to encounter this dillemma.

Jet
They ain't tough enough

Firstd1mension
Rating
yes, by law, women cannot be SEALs. There are strong women and seriously physically fit women, but it still stands that men have a natural strength advantage, so the most elite of women will still not quite meet the standards of the most elite men. SEALs are also subjected to some serious serious stuff, and perform missions that carry a high likelihood of injury or capture and torture. The US Government is fairly liberalized in terms of giving women opportuinities in areas where they have traditionally been excluded, but not the SEALs. 99.99% of MEN aren't man enough to be a SEAL... so it kind of stands to reason.

Why aren't there women on football teams? Or even women in NBA basketball teams, playing alongside Shaq and Kobe? Actually, none of the major professional sports leagues have mixed gender teams. Even in basketball, the genders are kept separate. There are great women boxers, but could you picture the woman's boxing champion going up against Mike Tyson? Tekitha Williams is a great basketball player, but are you gonna put her against Jordan? Chyna Doll against Triple H? Not happenin... sorry. Same with the SEALs. They require the maximum output of human strength and endurance, and whether it's PC to say it or not, it is an indesputable fact that men have a clear genetic upper hand in those areas.

Penney S
Rating
PROBABLY FOR THE PHYSICAL ENDURANCE

Dennis H
Rating
A serious answer is that women are not allowed in Combat roles in the armed services (no female infantry, armor, Special Forces, etc...) The reasons are many but to cover a few:

1) ON AVERAGE women do not score as well on physical fitness tests. In the army the Physical fitness test (APFT) has diffrent scales for male and female.(yes, there are many who will do better than me on the male scale, but they are the exception not the rule)

2) This one isn't the women's fault but until society decides to change it still has to be taken into account: Men will take more risks to save a woman in trouble than a man. This can cause the men around a female soldier to take stupid risks. Sorry we are socially (and I'd almost argue biologically) programed to save women and children.

3) Also modesty and hygeen. Men and women still wish seprate showers and latrines, In field conditions it can be hard if not difficult to provide.

4) Sexual. With all the tensions on a combat unit do you really wish to add sexual tension? It will happen, it will cause problems.

Hope this helps.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 1.874
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Sunday, August 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy