Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

I'm a guy looking to get in the armed forces but i don't know what branch i want what should i do?

What do you think of women soldiers involved in battlefront lines?
Carrying guns firing at enemies.
Additional Details
Are you for or against it?...

How come people can go to war when they turn 18, but cant drink until 21?

Does the military act on behalf of the President or on behalf of the American people?

Additional Details
Pay attention to the wording of my question. On BEHALF of the President or American ...

God bless our Troops. I support them do you? I am gratefull for them and their efforts.?
U.S.A....

Why doesnt Australia ever help support other nations in times of war?
Are they too weak or something?
Have they even ever faught in a war before?...

Forget the holocaust what about the millions more that are and have been killed by USA and Israel?
Israel, with US's help, have killed more arabs then the German's have killed jews....

Any one remembers why we invaded Iraq?

I suspect my neighbor is posing as a veteran, is there a list one could check to see if a man was in the Army?
My neighbor is 70 years old and claims to have been in the military service. I am suspicious. Is there a website that list all vetrans? Is there a way I could check his service status anomiously?...

Fornication in the military (training and/or deployments)?
Grown folks answer only, please...

I didn't know if I could say the three letter word on here or not so I got technical...

Anyway! I'm in the Army Reserves and we ...

A little bit confused about the Marines?
I am 16 and am planning on joining the Marines as soon as possible for my full life career.

I don't plan on going to collage or anything like that or having any other job than the ...

How was the US able to be the first nation to develop nuclear weapons? Were any other nations close during WW2?
I mean, it's great that things turned out the way they did....but can you imagine if say, Germany or Japan got the bombs first???? And possibly used it against the US, in Europe? what would the ...

Is this the best joke of them all?
70% of people in the United States are against the war and yet the war supporters keep putting our troops in danger by sending more in harms way. How do war supporters sleep at night?...

Do Navy Seals die often..?
I have a friend going to go be a navy seal and won't be back for 6 years, and i'm just worried. I dont know anything about it really and i just want to know if they die often or not....

Why do many think that democrats do not serve in the military?Please, objective answers?
I am a proud veteran (11b 2/2 INf vilseck germany) I have had several friends killed in Iraq and many more that are there now. My point is, democrats serve as well. We follow orders as well. It doesn&...

Why did so many people die in the American Civil War?
it's mind ...

Is it the same for other forces wives?
hello there,
i was just wondering how many Army, Navy and air force wives are out there!
My hubby is in the forces and it seems that a lot of the fun activities outside of work do not seem ...

How to get out of the military?
My husband is in the navy and I have Anxiety and Depression and we have one child (15months) amd we are expecting another baby and with this pregnancy i have had a hard time taking care of out first ...

Do you think we will ever go into draft (war)?

How does this army song go?
I don't know what i've been told.... (Troops Repeat), then the drill sergant says something else, and troops repeat again.
what are the lyrics?...

Sal Leone
What gun is better? AK-47 or M4A1 Carbine?
AK-47 is a assault rifle made in the Soviet Union. Fires 7.62 Rounds.
M4A1 is a assault rifle made in the USA. This was born from the M16A1. Fires 5.56 Nato Rounds.

Show all answers
Post your answer

realst1
Rating
Well, according to Lord of War, the AK-47 is the workhorse of assault rifles.

You can drag it in mud, bury it in sand, or throw it in the river and it still keeps firing. You can get one of these in Africa or the M.E. for about US$30. The AK-47 is the reason that the US could not take Viet Nam and is the gun of choice for any rebel militia or warlord.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

shlick
The AK-47 is a nice rifle the only problem is that it was made for eastern block conscript soldiers. Those guys are usually smaller then Americans since the communist countries were always going thru famines so since they have a smaller build then your average American the butt stock on the AK-47 is alot smaller making it much harder to get a good cheek to stock meld making them less accurate in the hands of your average American. That being said it does have the nice knock down power of a 7.62 round that the M4A1 lacks. They are also easier to maintain and take less TLC then the M4. They have no dust cover unless you count the safety selector switch but then an AK doesn't really need a dust cover its just a monster that will take what you can dish-out and keep throwing rounds downrange. So if you want a beast that's going to put lead downrange and you don't care about accuracy then the AK is your baby. Me I would rather take the tI'me to clean my M4 in the field and get the one shot one kill that im looking for.....oh wait I was communications so i guess it would be the "close my eyes stick my M4 over the hood of my Humvee and keep pulling the trigger all the while crying that I just joined for the college money, and why am I here". On a side note you can pick up a decent AK on the civilian market for about 400 bucks and ammo is about 7 bucks for 20 rounds, a good AR 15 XM4 (civilian model of the M4) is going to run you about 900-1200 if you want to go with bushmaster (they make a nice gun) or 1200-2000 if you want to go with colt or rock river arms (they make an awesome gun) with cheap ammo running you about 6 bucks for 20 rounds. So I guess it all comes down to personal choice. Me the day I got out of the Marine Corps I went down to the local gun store and bought me a Bushmaster XM-4 and I like it alot better then all my friends AK-47's, its got the accuracy and range that the AK doesn't have and I don't mind trading that for the extra reliability that the AK has, I just clean my rifle more then they do.

netnazivictim
I care for neither of them, make mine the FN FAL

Chris
Rating
The M4 has better ballistics (from what I hear) and has more add-ons. The AK-47 is basically just powerful and rugged. So for a guerrilla group the AK's the better gun because of its ruggedness, inexpensiveness, and massive supply. For a more organized force the M4 is the best because of its quality.

Roadrunner58-79
Rating
M4A1 Carbine--More accurate rate of fire and does not jam.

thinkin' out loud
Rating
M4. Change the upper to 6.8mm SPC, though.

Al
Rating
m4 is more accurate

ak-47 is more powerful

inoku
Rating
the ak47 was made more of a machine gun then assault rifle. this is easily proven by it's selector switch. it goes safe, full auto, semi auto. also the 7.62 rds are harder to control which means the ak47 is less accurate. yes the ak47 can go through all types of different elements and still come out shooting.

the m16/m4 was made with a new 5.56 rd because it's easier to control and is still very lethan due to the stumble affect (the front of the bullet slows down while the back keeps moving and begins to tumble or break doing more damage. also the m4/m16 is more accurate do to the longer barrel and other internals. also the selector switch goes safe, semi, full.

the reason i put the m16 and m4 together is because the m4 is just a smaller version of the m16 usually with a adjustable stock.

gunsrfunmg
Rating
u shouldnt compare it 2 the M4A1 u should compare it to the M16A2 cuz the M4A1 is a compact assault rifle and the ak47 isnt. but if it was between the 2 i would choose the ak47 cuz its more reliable and u could hit it with a sledge hammer and still b able 2 work. and the accuracy between the 2 is about the same but M4 is much lighter

Curious
Rating
There's not a lot you can do to make an AK stop working, maybe run over it with a tank. It can withstand dust, heat, sand, all kinds of stuff. The M4 is a very well engineered rifle. It has a in line stock, which means the recoil is transferred straight into your shoulder. AK's don't have this, so therefore the AK's recoil will through the sights into the air. I like the M4 because it is American, oh yeah. AK have a larger round than the M4, but the M4's round is high velocity. Depends on what you mean by better, many weapons experts would probably say the AK is better.

boker_magnum
Rating
For a little girl such as yourself, you'd be better off with a squirt gun and a clean pair of pantys for when you soil yourself.

bombtech13
I was happy with the M4A6, carried an AKS, and I didn't particularly like the recoil. But the AK came in handy for a drop gun.

Mariah
M4A1

AP Mik
Rating
AK-47. Its been around a long time and creams everybody. Also, they almost never break.

Mike O Dea
Ak47 scares the **** out of me....!

Jagermann
Rating
I prefer the AK. They never jam and are built like a tank. You can shoot cheaper steel cased ammo through them, whereas if you did this with an M4 you would destroy the flimsy aluminum receiver. The AK-47 is also about half the cost of an M4 too.

Contrary to popular myths the AK-47 is actually a pretty decent hunting rifle. The AK chambered in its original 7.62x39 cartridge has a maximum effective range of 400 meters and has far more knock down power than the M4s 5.56 NATO. They also make AK-47s chambered in 5.56 NATO if that is what you prefer. It’s not a good round for larger game though because of its higher velocity and small size. It’s not legal in some states to hunt with such a small bullet, as it will not always kill the animal. The 7.62mm is legal everywhere.

Cookies Anyone?
Personally I think the 7.62x39 is a better round, better suited to 100yds. and less. The AK has more slop and isn't as close toleranced as the M4. I think the M4 has a higher quality but the AK is more prolific. My choice?, My Mini-30...you get a star, good question..
Plus my ammo is a lot cheaper....

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, July 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy