Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

Are the British cutting and running in Iraq?

Please do you know of any totaly free army or marine pen-pal site?

Was the Air Force One Jet over New York just another distraction?
Was it so our minds would be on something else besides how the Fed yesterday announced they were going to pump 3 trillion more into the economy? or was it a distraction to take our minds off of the ...

Why there are no nuclear power stations in Australia?

If Obomba ordered the troops home would they go?
Hypothetically, we all know he wont actually order any troops home, but if he did, would the military obey the order or would they keep fighting and fighting and fighting until the feel like "...

French Foreign Legion Question.?
This is a dead serious question so please give me your honest advice.

I honestly hate my life, I want to start over... I ****** up not listening in school and not continuing my education ...

What are some important events that changed the aspect of military recruiting in the US?
I was trying to think about when and why recruiter started target high schools....

What weapons can military personnel carry personally?
Can military personnel take their own weapons into battle? ie an infantryman wants to carry a 1911 or USP instead of an M9, can they carry it into battle, do they need to carry both, what are the ...

Will the Americans be brave enough to take the lead of the British and pull out of Iraq?
I will go out on a limb here and say "no chance". The British know from their experience in N. Ireland that nothing can be gained by a continued military presence against a local terrorist ...

Pilot in the Airforce?
Ok, so right now I'm a freshman in college.
I want to join the Air Force Reserve when I graduate.
So my first question is, does the Reserve have a piloting program?

Also, I ...

Anyone know about Horseman's Club?
I hear McChord AFB in Washington has horse stables on base. Ive seen it on google map, but there is no website or information on it. I couldnt find out anything through the base's site either. D...

What can get you DQ or investigated in the Marines after MEPS...please answer?

What are some good interview questions for civilians during the Vietnam War?
I am doing a school project for History. I am going to interview my father who didn't actually fight in the war but was a civilian during the time. I have some questions, but I need some more to ...

Need Sailors with experience on this one!?
hi, im joining the navy. one of the reason why i want to join is because i want to travel. i want to know what jobs will help me travel a lot,and also i want to be on a big ship, is there certain ...

Where does the money go that is being spent by US on the war in Iraq?
Apparently The United States has spent ~$850 billion on the war in Iraq. My question is, where does all of this money go? Doesn't it stay within America? Like we pay people to manufacture guns, ...

What do they tell you what base you will be stationed? bmt? tech sch. before, after?

Additional Details
AIR FORCE!!!!!!!!...

Do you want to go to 13 weeks of Marine Corps Boot camp?
I'm heading there soon. I'm also thinking it will be a great vacation away from Y!A ....

What is the difference between an army unit patch "SSI" and a combat patch "SSI FWTS".?

I plan to join the Navy; Does the career you choose determine where you will be stationed for "A" school?
Also, where are the "A" schools located?...

There is IFOR, KFOR, UNPROFOR, what are they, are they all belongs to the U.N.s, what are their functions?
I only know what UNPROFOR mean. What other *FOR out there?...

Tamara C
What does USAR CONTROL GROUP (ANNUAL) mean on my orders?
am taking a Chapter 8 seperation from Active Duty Army and this is what it says on my orders. They are trying to tell me I have to join a reserve unit and drill every month, is this true? Most of the people around my unit say they cannot force you into the reserves. Is this guy just trying to recruit me in it by telling me I have to? Or is this legit?

I have not done 8 years yet so I know I have to join IRR but I thought joining the Selected Reserves was just voluntary?

He's also saying I am catagorized at T1 meaning I can try one year of the reserves and if I like it, stay, or get to the IRR.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Show all answers
Post your answer

SFC M
Rating
USAR Control Group (Annual) on your orders means IRR.

That name reflects the fact that you will probably be required to attend an annual muster formation.

If your orders where putting you into a reserve unit, it would be very obvious on the orders.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

DigiMan
You need to check the conditions of your original enlistment contract. What were your original obligations? This gets a lot of young military people like yourself. If your contract said something like 2 X 4 X 2 that means you SIGNED an contract to serve 2yrs active, 4yrs Ready Reserve, and 2 yrs IRR. Even if you are obligated to serve Reserve, you can still request to be released to IRR. However, if you do that, you'll go into a pool of available bodies in which understrength Reserve units pull from if they need bodies for a mobilization. In short, if you go IRR, you can be pulled by a Reserve unit that is preparing to active duty status (Afghanistan, Iraq).

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, October 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy