Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

Should a wife join the National Guard?
I am 22 yrs. old, female, a wife, and a student. I have always wanted to join the National Guard, but since I got married right after high school, I did not find the time. I am currently going to ...

Can he take my child away?
i cheated on my husband (who is in the navy) and he found out about it...he said he forgave...but through the middle of our marriage he changed completely...he became more aggressive and would argue ...

What time is it when the time is listed as 2015?
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TIME THIS IS IN ORDINARY TIME TELLING....

Why do the afghan army work with the soldiers?
doesnt it stop tghe potential of our soldiers doing there ...

Can I get punished for having anegative attitude?
My supervisors are attacking me for having a bad attitude. They claim that I do a good job, but I do not smile and sound positive. I am so miserable in the military and I am just trying to do what I...

HOLY WAR in the middle east agaisnt jews and christians?
Why does the middle east have tensions with christians and jews?...

Any way to get into the AF as a male single parent without giving up legal custody?
Is there any way possible for a male single parent to join the air force and still not give up custody of his child?
Additional Details
Single father as in not married to the mother. M...

Letter to spouse saying their Soldier was killed in action called?
You know when your spouse is in a war and they're killed in action? Well, what's the letter called that they send home to you?...

Are there anymore military jobs with no physical requirements?
I've always been interested in working a military job (get your college paid for, earn money, do work for your country) but I've also always had weight problems. Is there any military job ...

My boyfriend wants to go into the army but he has'nt really looked into it yet?
If he does sign up and take the test that they are supposed to take how long will it be before he leaves?...

Married with children wanting to enlist in the army?
I am married with 3 kids they live at his moms i live at my moms (long story) I want to enlist can i get the recruiter to give me a waiver to ...

How do I file my husbands state taxes? He is stationed in Iraq.?
My husband is currently stationed in Iraq and asked me to file his taxes. He joined when we were living in Kentucky and while he was gone I moved back to Michigan where we are from. When filling his ...

How will the marine corp help make me in my progress in my life ?

Military Draft, Would I have to go?
I am the only son of my family, and 1 of only 2 with my last name. I heard that they would only take men with brothers first, or at all even, but I didnt know, and ive also heard that they dont care ...

Is the war on terror blown way out of proportion???
ever since 9/11 we havent been attacked again... i think that terrorism is exagerrated because we have been safe for so long yet republicans use it as a fear tactic to win the election but people are ...

If i join the army as an E-1 how can i get promoted to E-2 before basic training?
i have been in since september. i go to bct in june. so how can i get promoted before then?...

The modern Irish defence force?
The modern Irish defence force is largely a guerrilla force. If we were invaded would we go back to guerilla warfare? Agree or disagree?...

Which sport will get me ready?
I am planning to join the marines when i can. Which sports would help me get into shape for basic training and whatnot? i.e. football, soccer, etc....

Need this settled. How useful would a laser sword be in a battle.?
Could a laser sword be a useful energy weapon? Noting the following facts.
1) The laser blade would pass through a nother laser blade, and a laser beam would pass through the laser blade.
2)...

Lost 120 lbs for the Air Force, needed waiver, was denied, what are my options?
I tried to join the Air Force, lost an obscene amount of weight, and was disqualified for scoliosis (which I hadn't known I had). They tried to get a waiver, but I was denied. I tried to join ...

Christina M
My husband is currently active in the army. We have 2 kids and I am considering joining. Is this possible?
I am not sure if there are any regulations in place that will prevent me from joining. I am aware of the possibilities of us deploying at the same time. If I was to join I would of course go for the same MOS as my husband. We have discussed a solid Family Care Plan and weighed the pros and cons. I still am in need of advice from personal experience of other dual military couples. Any piece of advice would really be appreciated!!!

Show all answers
Post your answer

We won! 20 Jan 09 (Erudite)
Rating
Sure you can join and show the world what you are made of. If one has other family members to help out it should work out fine.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Mrsjvb
you may go Reserves only because you have kids.

zclifton2
Rating
It is probably possible under this manpower shortage circumstances, but it is a terrible idea. Children need the love and support of the mother and father where possible. Remember that this War is a War of choice. We did not need to invade and occupy Iraq. The facts on the ground proved this without a doubt.
There were no WMD's, and Iraq and the Saddam Government was on it's butt after the loses in the Iraq/Iran War and the terrible beating Iraq took during the first Gulf War.
Also Millions of Americans knew it was a mistake to invade Iraq, but Bush and Johnson during the Vietnam War did not heed the warning signs. Our Government like in Vietnam did understand the nature of the situation and charactor of the opposition in Iraq.
Now you, your husband and family are paying the price of having to serve in Iraq, and your family does not need a second soldier to come home very possibly disabled from a War wound either physically, mentally or both.
The Rand Corporation published a 500 page report on the costs of the Iraq and Afghan Wars and found that 101,000 troops are wounded yearly in the Middle Eastern Wars currently.
Also, the Veterans Administration is not capable of handling the huge flow of Troops returning from these Wars, and who need serious mental and physical treatment and Government Compensation payments. The VA is already overwhelmed with the needs of Returning Veterans. It will only get worse under the current Administration.
Please don't go in the military no matter how much you want to be helpful to America and your husband. The bigger Job is to "suck it up" and care for your children.

Das_Spinkel
You have to understand it is possible that you will be separated from each other and sent to different duty stations. I'm not sure the army would allow it, as it would cause undue hardship with your dependents.

Talk to a recruiter, but I would advise against it.

wendy_da_goodlil_witch
you can join also. who would take care of your kids? I just read that married couples could live together even in Iraq.

curious
If you can pass the pt, then you probably could, but I really wouldn't if I were you. Don't get mad at me, but think about your children instead of yourself, its hard enough to have one parent deployed, it would kill them having you both gone. You don't always get to choose your MOS, they give a choice based on what you are qualified for. Just think about your kids before you make this decision, once you sign those papers, you belong to them, no ifs ands or buts.

Yak Rider
Rating
Yes, you'll need a solid family care plan. My advice, pick an MOS that fits in with his. Pick one that gives you an excellent chance of getting stationed any place he gets stationed.

usamedic420
There are big MOS's that would be Ok with that, like medic or security forces, if you belong to smaller career groups would be bad for this. You would be competing for promotions with your husbands peers, But under large commands you can work is the same field but in diffrent units.

lisab
Rating
My husband and I were dual military in the Army with a child.

A few cons besides deployments is if you both get called in at 0500 for a piss test or you both have to work past 1700. And the little field exercises that you have to go to. Ranges and other things you might have extended hours.

Also you still might have a tour in Korea and might not be able to bring your family.

I wouldn't go for the same MOS just the same field it might cause headaches especially if one of you outrank the other. One of you would have to go fill in another job like PAC. My husband and I were both in aviation but different MOS.

The good thing is if you do have the same field you can likely stay together. However you might have to be seperated not likely more than 50 miles if you put in the paperwork for joint domicle (married army couples program)

We enjoyed our time together but I don't want to be seperated and leave our son without either parent home. So I got out. I would really think about it.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, August 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy