Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

48 on my ASVAB but line scores look decent...?
I got a low score I know, and it sucks b/c that test seemed super easy. But my line scores were pretty good I think, and the Army recruiter showed me some good jobs, but let me know what you think<...

Would it be in the best interest of peace to have muslims go to the main entrance of bases to pray to Allah?
Have Muslims go to March Air Force Base, California, 32nd Naval station in San Diego, Selfridge ANG Base in Michigan, and other bases and pray to Allah just to show the people how peaceful Islam is....

How do you like Tyndell AFB?
Did I even spell it right? lol

We may possibly get stationed there soon and I was just wanting some personal experience from people who have been stationed there. Did you enjoy it? Pros/...

UH-60 Blackhawk continued?
How did you guys get into flight school? Years of enlistment, or street to seat? Also, are any of you in KY? I only ask because I would like to sit down and ask some questions....

What is going on with handgun ammo.?
Can someone who KNOW'S what is going on with handgun ammo,please tell me the REAL reason why it is dried up.Cannot find 9mm,45,or 380 ammo anywhere,not even online....

Navy officer, PT Test ?
do they have them, are they as hard, harder, or easier as recruits....

Boot Camp Date I Just Enlisted in the Marines?
i just enlisted in the marines on friday. when i enlisted the gunnery sgt told me that my ship out date was the 27th of this month but i could talk to my recruitor and get it changed. i enlisted ...

MARSOC/Marine Force Recon?
In MARSOC/MARFORECON, do they ever do parachute jumps or do missions where they have to use scuba masks in the water? I want to be a SEAL but if I join the Navy, I am not guaranteed to make it and ...

Units in Ohio or Kentucky going to Afghanistan?
I would like to volunteer to go to Afghanistan and I would like to see if any units around me were going to war....

Has all of Mannar been cleared per the Northwestern demining edict?
check drafts now/G...

Waiver for the AFOQT?
when getting a waiver after taking it twice, does it exept you from taking it or does allow you to take it a third time?...

Is a score of 60 good on the ASVAB test?
i got a 53 on the practice and was told i might score around 60 on the real ...

Joining the NAVY after college?
I'm thinking about joining the NAVY, but I'm into college right now (Nursing) so, my plans is to join after becoming a nurse, so I can work with them.

Is that even possible? who ...

I want to join the US NAVY, I also want to be an electrical engineer. What job in the Navy comes closest to el?
...comes closest to electrical engineering?
i.e. I am joining for the educational benefits, and the adventure. I want an electrical engineering degree. Which jobs in the Navy will get me closest ...

USAF CCT questions...?
Do the USAF CCTs have the same physical training as the SEALs? I know they are both extremly difficult but which one has it harder? Also do the USAF CCTs have to be as proficient swimmers as the SEAL...

Should the North Korean rocket launch concern us?
http://www.guardian.co.u Was the launch for peaceful purposes as stated by North Korea, or did it have more sinister reasons?...

How would they use it, fir attack or defence?

Additional Details
koreas missile is ...

Thinking about going into the military...many questions.?
I am a high school senior. I have great grades (3.7 GPA, 4.0 GPA Weighted; top 5% of class; 1890 SAT; 5 AP classes) but I am unable to afford any of the colleges I wish to attend. I have heard ...

Did anyone join the army *because* of 9/11?
knowing they would be sent to Iraq

anyone?...

After your bid is up in the Army...?
If you have a 3 year contract with the army, when your contract is up, can you join some other branch or the military?...

Anton B
Is my security clearance (Secret) still active?
I joined the military after high school in jul 1998 (actually the summer before my senior year because I was a DEP) and was honorably discharged in dec 2000. My MOS required that I get clearance up to secret level. I read on military dot com that a secret clearance lasts for ten years. Is it still active right now? If not, then how do i get it reinstated? There is an IT job i want to apply for.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Dennis F
When you left the service your clearance was put in INACTIVE status.
You background investigation is still current for ten years from the initial date.
If you get a job that requires a clearance, it will take minimal time to reactivate your clearance. If it has expired it will take an updated investigation, the same as is required every ten years.
When you apply for a job, just state on cover letter than you are eligible for clearance. Their security personnel will know what to do.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Mark B
Rating
A Secret investigation is good for 10 years. Your clearance never really goes away, however, your access will be taken away.

If it has been less than 10 years since your investigation, the clearance can be reinstated. If there is less than a 1 year gap, it can be reinstated with a memo to the appropriate CCF. That process usually takes less than 1 week. Because you have been separated for over 8 years, they will just do a reinvestigation. Not a big deal, especially since you had a clearance. Because you had a clearance previously, they should be able to give an interim Secret as soon as you turn in the paperwork.

MikeGolf
Rating
Your security clearance is good for 10 years - as long as that clearance remains active. If your clearance has been inactive for 24 months it expires.

If you got out in 2000 your clearance expired in 2002.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, November 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy