Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

If the USA went to war with Russia?
If the USA went to war with Russia and invaded russia would it be a cake walk for them ?...

What do the Marines do?
I know, stupid question, but I really don't know what they do.My boyfriend is joining next year, and I want to know exactly what he's getting into.Will he fight in the war? What are his ...

Do you have pity on our troops in Iraq?
They joined on their own and know the risk. So why should I give a minute of silence at my work just because we lost two troops from Michigan? (Note: No one gave a second of silence for the poor guys ...

The war in Iraq.?
Is it okay to not agree with the war, but to support the soldiers who are and have been over there risking and losing their lives? I support our troops in every way, and i was told that you cant ...

Does the military pay for car insurance?

Where are great britains nuclear missile silos?

My cousin does a lot of weed but says he's going to sign up for the army, is there a drug test?
Is there a drug test? Would they not let him join?
Additional Details
Well, I might have exaggerated on his weed takingness. But my Aunt tells me she catches him a few times. I'm ...

Did you know..."?
There seems to be a lot of people in here who don't understand why we can't just leave Iraq. Did you know that we still have not left Germany? And it's been decades since WWII ended. ...

Is there a map showing where nukes will go off if we have a nuclear war?
Is there a map showing where nukes will go off if we have a nuclear war? I live in the US near the Pacific Ocean so I'm curious how far away the nearest nuke will go off if we end up in a ...

Ak-47 versus M-16?
Whats the best rifle in your opinion...both have pluses and ...

Is there a way that I can join the military without going to war?
I want to get an education, and I have always wanted to join the military. If I joing will I have to service all the way. I know they will disqualify me because I have asthma....

Can a Battleship survive in Modern Naval Warfare?
If the Iowa Class battleships, or a modern style battleship is pressed into the navy, would it be able work and be useful in the world's oceans today? And yes the ship has Missiles and Anti-...

Bring back the 1960's and 70's?
Remember when when a person got in trouble with the law, and they gave that person a choice to either go to jail or join the military? Do you think thay would fly now? Considering the jails are ...

If you lost family or friends due ti Iraq war, how would you like to punish George W. Bush?

I think were going to have a world war 3. what do yall think?

Can anyone see obama honoring soldiers?
Like bush did today on board the intrepid?

it seams awkward to me? thinking a deafest with a disarmament attitude would come across as patriotic.
Additional Details
***woops ...

Is it about time troops started to withdraw from iraq and end this pointless war?

Why do we have the army and marines? What is the difference? Why not just have one force?

Ok if world war 3 were to happen who would be in it and who would be on who's side?
I believe this....
Allies) USA, Europe, Australia, Turkey, Japan (for what its worth)
Enemies) Russia, China, Iran, Pakistan, Egypt.....

What are your views on gays in the military, and the "Don't ask Don't tell Policy" ?

King Felix
Is joining the Army/Military at age 24 too old?
I know alot of people join when they are 17....18.........

im about to turn 24........if i join, would i be an outkast because of my age? or not really.

thanks

Show all answers
Post your answer

usmctanker1962
Rating
No, because of your spelling.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Cesar R
I say unless go ahead.

AFwife
no, my husbands best friend joined when he was 24 and now he is 27, i asked him about it and he said he wasn't the oldest one there either, my husband is 23 and joined when he was 19, and his friend is only a year behind him in rank, join! it will be a great experience!

Jason J
Not at all when I was recruiting for the Air Force allot of my applicants were 25 or older. There are going to a majority of 18-20 yr odds in basic training but there will also be many your age and up to 35.

Brian C
Not at all. I was in basic with a 30 year old and he kept up with us like it was nothing. He was also a lot more mature than the rest of us and had a LOT more life experience. We all looked up to and respected him.

Rawbert
Rating
nope, when I joined at 17 we had a guy who was 34 and had a PhD. We had all ages and ethnic backgrounds from all across America.
Don't worry about being 24, none of us really care in the military.

gugliamo00
Rating
First, a REAL American (one who hasn't served your country yet... but wants to)... Thank you.

Second, You're age at this pint isn't a factor... unless you're out of shape. You'll have to keep up with the kiddies.

I'll presume you've spent at least some of the last few years in school and have at least some kind of degree. That will give you a little seniority if you enlist. If it's a Bachelors degree then you might try an officer program.

If you're cool and keep your wits about you while others are out of theirs, you will have no problems.

Third, I've been told that 63 is too old... so you stil have a few more years... But i'd do something before you turn 30. Seems to me that 35 was the cut-off for officers.

JAMES W
Rating
its not to late..welcome to the family...

Kelly
Any person is qualified. GO FOR IT! and GOOD LUCK to you. But talk it over with your loved ones first. That kind of decision is a big one.

Kristina
Rating
As long as you are in good shape, go for it! Lots of people finish college and then join the military. There are people of all ages in it.

Elizabeth P
My brother in law re inlisted into the military and he is 32

num1huckfinn
It won't hurt you at all plus being an older "cruit" will actually help you as far as your physical training test counts. Also, you might be able to pull out a little bit more rank by being older.

I went in at 19, oldest in my platoon, came out a better man with more experience and rank than my younger counter parts.

Mrsjvb
quite the contrary, your advanced age( heeheh) will be an asset to you. you will be sought out b/c you have already settled down(hopefully) and will have Leadership potential.

My husband enlisted in the Navy at 28. I have friends who are 40 about to go ion. you will be fine.

Chad
Rating
No, you'll be fine. We had a 28 year old E-1 in our dormitory and he got along great with everyone.

Lori B
Rating
I have afriend that was in his 30s when he first signed up.

Vampire 13R
Rating
as long as you can do the PT you should be fine.
When I was a recruiter I put people in pushing 30 and they did fine.

Run Lola Run
No

John T
Rating
Not at all. Go for it.

Navy Sailor - GAI
Rating
No. It is actually better because you are more mature.

Don't worry there are lots of people way older than you going through boot camp. I was 29.

Magic 8 Ball: The Witch is In
Rating
My hubby enlisted when he was 24. That wsa ten years ago and he is still in and loves it. He was one of the oldest people in basic, but he thought that his age helped him out.
Best of luck!

George P
Rating
You won't be an outcast. Just hope you don't mind taking orders from someone younger than you.
On the flip side, you have more knowledge than the 18 year olds, so try not to laugh at them when they try to tell you how rough life is like on the outside.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, July 26, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy