Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

Should Blair and Bush be charged as war criminals over the carnage they have brought to Iraq.?
Remember back a couple of years and Bush and Blair used the pretext of Saddam having WMDs as an excuse to invade Iraq. Only trouble was the UN said he didn`t and time has proved that he hadn`t had ...

I'm puzzled...... Why are we in Afghanistan fighting again?
Was it initially going in and looking for Bin Laden? Was it an attempt to shut down the terrorist training camps there? (If so when do we go in to Pakistan?) Or was it to simply overthrow the T...

Do you agree with people protesting at military funerals?
my son is in the army and every time i see those people protesting at funerals it makes me really ...

What type leader who can order atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
Can’t we say he heartless or barbaric?
Can’t we say people who support it are inhuman?
Can’t we say it was a holocaust for Japanese?...

I Have a question for the World, If America is such a bad place and according to the press you all hate us?
Then let me ask you this, Why do so many people want to migrate here? I don't have a problem with people wanting to come here for a better way of life as long as they do it legally, America is a ...

My boyfreind was in basic traning and he was suppose to go his next base in N.Y. but he decided to go AWOL?

Should I just go ahead and tell her?
Okay my little cousin who is 19 just got done with BCT for the Army. Recently I and his mother discovered he's going to Iraq. Now I served 10 years as a U.S. Marine. Anyway my aunt, his mother, ...

Why does the US know best?

Additional Details
Steve G, next question for you: so what?...

What's your favorite brand of Firearm?
I am in love with Heckler & Koch. So who do you like?
Additional Details
I love Heckler & Koch. They produce the USP family (including the Mark23), MP family, UMP family, the G ...

Do you want to join the Army?
Looking for some great Americans, looking to serve their country....

Who do you think has the best army in the world?
Give me your definition of their power....

Do you believe like me that there still is Items of mass destruction's in Iraq?
I still believe if we looked harder we would find all the things that could kill us in Iraq. I know in my heart that President Bush did the right thing in the war in Iraq. My son was almost sent to I...

Do you think they should hang saddam hussein?
Iraq is waiting with baited breath, do you think he is evil, and deserves to hang?...

This is my 300th question: If we capture Osama bin Laden, what should we do with THE BASTARD?

Additional Details
Yes, im~just~colleen, this IS my 300th question. Look at my profile!...

On September 11 the pilot of the plane that hit the Pentagon (C. Burlingame) was 6' 5" tall, why would he
give up his cockpit to Hani Hanjour who was 5'2" tall, not to mention the co-pilot, and are we also to believe that Hani Hanjour calmly flew the plane for 40 minutes in a cockpit drenched ...

Why military men can't keep good women?

Would you fight for your country or hide?
Alot of people hide behind the word conviction///We need to stand up and quit being so lazy as a country.
Additional Details
to answer Bass catch, yes I would fight in a heartbeat. U...

How do you stop someone from going in the Army?

Bring back compulsory National Service?
What would be required to get national service back, since public appearance seems to overall be in favour of it.
Additional Details
This country NEEDS dicipline put back into it... and ...

Is it better to marry a soldier before he gets deployed or after?

Ben JAMMIN!
Is it legal to buy an M4?
Is it legal for me to just walk into a gun store and ask the manager can I buy a M4?

Show all answers
Post your answer

happy2b_white
It's legal to ask, but illegal to own one.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Redmond B
no, the barrel on the M4 is 14.5in. fed regulations require 16in minimum for rifles.

FatFrenchKid
Rating
no

FlingerShock
You won't get in trouble for asking but if you ask the wrong person or actually buy is from an illegal supplier, you'll get a penalty and the seller will go to jail forever. Is it an automatic? I don't know a lot about guns but M4 sounds full auto to me. No citizen is ever allowed to own an automatic firearm nor any deadlier weapons like bazookas etc...

Cole G
Yes but you must by it stock that means single action no banana clip and stock shoulder that way if you do decide to shoot at a cop the will shoot back 2 as fast.

Anonymous
If it's semi automatic and you're 18 or 21 then yes it is.

1Pilot
yes, if you are 18 and if it's a full auto firearm you have to have consent from the state police and pay a 200 dollar tax stamp, and of course not be a felon!!!!

The 47
you have to have a permit to buy an automatic weapon
I'm sure you can find one that's semi-auto you can buy

Patrick
Sure, if you have a Class 3 firearms license.

Pat M
Like 30 answers in like 2 minutes, Jesus..

babu.jayapal
Rating
try to search in internet abt m-4 they give a lot of information and thn go to a shop

Adam M
Yes it is ok you must your be 21 years old And have your I.D.
and must have a gun permit from the government Some money for
the gun You must have no criminal records.

Little Leny
Rating
Just walk into a gun store and ask for an M4! If you want the cops to come and get ya then yea sure go ahead.

Spacer C
Rating
Usually, if you don't want to go through all the paperwork and grief of getting a class III license, you can buy what is generally known as an M-4gery. Basically, it's a semi-auto M4 clone with a longer barrel (gotta be at least 16" without that tax stamp).

Magazine (not clip) capacity isn't really affected, as they all use the same mags.

(800) 776-5173
Rating
You can buy a pre-ban Colt M4 if you get a Class 3 license. A class 3 license allows you to buy any fully automatic firearm, this includes everything from an Uzi to a Browning .50 caliber.

If you don't wish to get a class 3 license, you may buy what is called an AR-15, which is a civilian version of the M4/M16 type rifles. AR15's are semi-automatic, however.

Tom M
Rating
yes you can buy one and yes you can ask...you need to have the paperwork done and he will help you with all that...

Now if you get into asking how can I get one without all the paperwork...then might be an issue

Rafael T
you can get a semi auto one but you have to be at least 21 and fill out some paper work when buying it. to own a fully automatic or burstfire one you need extensive paper work. also depending on your state you might need to register it.

soldier4bosox
Rating
If you want an M4 buy an AR-15. Comes in .223 and 5.56, and I beleive one more caliber before it becomes a different AR varient. I know the AR-10's are .308's. Military uses 5.56. All your doing when you're buying an AR-15 in 5.56 is buying the same exact weapon the military uses, just not in full auto. Looks the same, sounds the same, fires the same, uses the same accesories. Its the SAME DAMN GUN!!!

hello
sort of.

yes, you can buy a civilian m4. it will only have semi automatic capabilities (1 trigger pull per shot), not full auto or burst as a true M4 has. it will also have the longer 16 1/2 inch barrel which is required to make it legal.
then you will have to provide your ID, address and social so they can run a background check on you. then, if you check out, and you can produce enough cash, you can buy a pseudo M4

Great Cornholio
Rating
It is legal to ask, but I doubt they will sell. You can purchase an m4 that is just semiauto, depends on what state or county you live in. To purchase firearms with full-auto, you need a class 3 FFL.

Digital Mexican
Rating
Depending on the state. Some states will let you have small arms but I'm not very sure.

SpecOp-LT
Rating
You don't need a FFL (whatever Class!!!) If you have the money to buy one, you have the money to pay for the 200 dollar tax stamp. But, it is my understanding that M4’s were brought into production in 1994. The new manufacture of machine guns or the conversion of semi auto weapons to full auto weapons that are transferable to individuals has been prohibited since May 19, 1986. This means that all transferable machine guns that are available for sale to the general public must have been manufactured and registered prior to May 19, 1986. So, if you have a source let me know. Likely someone is pulling your leg. You can get an M16 (A1 or A2). Also the Gun Control Act of 1968 banned the further importation of machine guns from outside of the United States, so no Russian or Chinese knockoffs.

If you still want a good full auto weapon:

Add up all the costs for the rifle or SMG and make sure you have enough bucks to pay for it.

Ask owner for help in getting BATF's approval, they can tell you all about it, more than I can here, and get all the forms you need. Remember, dealers and originators are usually very cooperative, mainly because they want to sell their guns.

Dealer or Originator receives payment for weapon in accordance with the purchase agreement between originator and recipient. The BATF Form 4, 5320.4 is filled out and signed by both parties in duplicate, no signature photocopies, original signatures only. Either party can send in with a check for $200. The check for $200.00 can be from anyone. Who pays the $200.00 tax and shipping is usually worked out in the contract either verbally or written. Also to be included with the Form 4 package are BATF approved finger print cards, 5330.20 citizen compliance form and local CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) signoff. To be sure of a complete and timely mailing, it is preferred that originator complete and sign the Form 4 with originator and weapon information and in turn send form to recipient for completion and inclusion of additional documentation as described above. When the form is approved by the ATF it is mailed to the dealer/originator and the dealer/originator notifies the recipient. The firearm is picked up as soon as possible and the recipient gets the form from the originator as proof of ownership. If you are buying the weapon from another state, you will have to involve a FFL to take receipt of the weapon in your home state.

Take your full-auto home with paper work in hand. Anytime you are taking your weapon anywhere, have the paperwork with the weapon.

Take gun to safe place to practice your firing, now that we went through all this, we don't want to get in trouble for disturbing the peace, do we? It is always a good practice to let the local Sheriff know that you will be out rapidly burning rounds, this may prevent an unscheduled interruption with your fun.

DOOM
Rating
M4 is military nomenclature, but you can buy the civilian equivalent, depending on your state.

NAZGUL
YES ? If you have the right permits / licenses under the Federal Firearms Laws

mcelhint
it is if your going to kill zombies with it

jlm9398
It will be a civilian version of the M-4. Semi automatic only. The three round burst is only available on the actual M-4.

dida
yes

Josiah B
Rating
From wiki

"Sales of select-fire or full automatic M4s by Colt are restricted to military and civilian law enforcement. Only under special circumstances can a private citizen own an M4 Carbine in a select-fire or fully automatic configuration. While many machine guns can be legally owned with a proper tax stamp from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, an amendment to the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 barred the transfer to private citizens of machine guns made in the U.S. after May 19, 1986, or made before that date but still not registered by that date. The only exception was for Special Occupational Taxpayers (SOT): licensed machine gun dealers with demonstration letters, manufacturers, and those dealing in exports and imports. As such, only the earliest Colt M4 prototypes built prior to 19 May 1986 would be legal to own by civilians not in the categories mentioned. However, as US firearms law considers the lower receiver of a M16/M4 type rifle to be the "firearm" (the serial numbered and, in the case of machine guns, registered under federal law, part of the weapon), a registered Colt M16 (much more common than an actual M4) may be configured as an M4 by replacing the M16 upper receiver/barrel assembly with an M4 top half, and replacing the fixed rifle stock with a 4-position telescoping M4 stock."

Martin M
Rating
sure, a semi-auto "m-4", burst-fire or auto requires a special permit than can take months to process

desele
Rating
in accordance with the 2nd amendment yes, but Ia regular gun store would not have an M-4 there and I don't think the military will take to kindly to you owning one either.

Scott
Not unless you possess a federal firearms license, which if you are asking this, you do not possess.

You can buy a civilian version that is semi-automatic only. It will be expensive, and the ammo will be even more expensive as it is in short supply.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, October 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy