Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

Are we now at the start of World War 3?

Do you think Bush respects people who are in the military?
Why doesn't he fund the Vets which he has created in his War Lord ways?...

Is this the right way to treat a United States Marine?
Lansing-based Marine reserve convicted of killing Iraqi soldier
December 13, 2007
ASSOCIATED PRESS
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — A Michigan-based Marine reservet was found guilty today of ...

I'm 110lbs, what can i shoot?
By this i mean what is the strongest or most effective weapon i can use without it being too heavy of a recoil to push me backwards or injure me. Last one drew a huge bruised lump on my shoulder
<...

Is America ready to fight a war on her land?
Are we prepared to fight a war if it comes to our country (USA)? If so, explain how we are ready.
If no, explain how we can get prepared if it happens.
Additional Details
einzelgae....

Why Hitler?

Do you think being vapourised by a nuclear bomb would hurt?

Additional Details
if it doesn't hurt why is everyone so scared of nuclear war?...

Which country spends the most GNP on their army?

Is the USAF as lazy as I hear?
I've heard alot of stories about the AF being a lazy chairforce. Has anyone heard or seen so?...

Is cheating more likely?
It seems to me like a lot of cheating goes on...is it inevitable, more likely or what in the military??...

Why Do We Think It Is All Right for our military to live in tents?
and yet our prisons should be country clubs and a space big as a cell would cost 1200 a month in New York city as that includes all utllites.and food and computers and a free ...

Call UP THE DRAFT!!!!!!!!?
anyone think we will get pulled into the issues in the middle east?
will there be a draft?
will we kick the asses of these people against isreal, the land of my God, jesus christ.
A...

Whats the worst war cry you can think of?

Which is the branch in the military gets the most respect?

Can i get this tattoo, and still be in the Marine Corps?
i'm planning on joining the military when i graduate next year. what bothers me is the tattoo idea i have. i'm getting this tattoo, and i dont know if the Marines will allow me to enlist if ...

Is 29 considered too old to join the millitary?
I am 29 years old, and I live in a poor economy area of Detroit. I don't like my professional life, and I have some debt that I want to take care of. I've always been into politics, and I&...

Does the Army still sing WIMPY, politically-correct jody calls?
I remember when REAL MEN sang REAL MEN's jody calls in the Army, then somewhere around the Carter administration, the whining, politically-correct liberals put a stop to any jody that included a ...

Is the Marine Corps all hype?
Be honest I here all this stuff about how great the Marines are and how they are great fighters which I don't doubt but does that mean they are better than people in the Army in combat? Are they ...

Can my brother inlaw be drafted for war?
My brother inlaw happens to be the youngest and only son to my mother inlaw. But his father who was never married to my mother inlaw has a family of his own where my brother inlaw is the oldest of ...

Boot Camp and Lies....?
Do people in boot camp lie when they write home? About what they're going through, what happens to them, because my g/f wrote some pretty awful stuff in her letters but she won't say ...

thug l
How does it feel when u kill someone for the first time ?
what happends ? does your life changes or something ? u get smarter ?????????

Show all answers
Post your answer

sea link2
Ask George about it, he's got lots of experience on the issue.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

annu
one thing i want to say why????????????
why u want to know do u really want to kill someone or why anyone do this cruel game everybody in this earth have right to live either with good experience or with bad experience so its not our job to take away this right from anyone.
but instead of all that there would be something different in ur life either u would get smart towards doing this bad job or may be you feel guilty that why u did that .
in last if u r good one then definety u would feel quite ashamed that you are a creation of god not a devil to take away the life of other you are here to give life to others not to take back.

NEPAguy
Rating
Like Ive gained a new energy source!! Orgasmic!!

Anthony
Rating
Are you serious? If you want to kill someone join the front lines in the army or marines if you survive the training!!!

faulty_cortex
Rating
You will have to tell us.

James M
Rating
Don't know really, i pulled the trigger, hit him and continued the fu#@ing mission. Never really had time to worry about it. Thats what soldiers do, we do our job and continue on.

erehwon
Judging by your question and last comment....you have never killed anyone.

BuckeyeGirl
Rating
I believe that I'm now dumber for reading this question.

Rating
u respect life more, it sucks and u live with it forever

King Of Battle
you feel a slight recoil

AmericanPatriot
I don't know who killed the guy, but when I searched his body, I found a picture of a young woman and a young girl...his wife and daughter? Although yellowed and cracked, I still have that picture 40 years later and come across it from time to time. I'm not ashamed to say I've shed tears when I've looked at that picture. I wondered where she lived in Viet Nam, what happened to her after she was made a widow; what happened to her (and her daughter) after the war. His daughter looked to be about 5 or 6 in the picture in 1967.
A Vietnamese friend of mine told me that without a father, a Vietnamese girl would have a hard time getting a husband because it would be unlikely there would be a sufficient dowry without a father in the family, unless her mother remarried (which, during those times, would be highly unlikely).
Every soldier is someones son who will grieve for a long time.
(USN, retired/in-country Viet Nam vet)

atlantismeditation@sbcglobal.net
Rating
the first time i killed some one i thought i was going to puke
but then i realised that i,m the one that could be dead .

Geoff C
What a stupid question.

People never seem to stop amazing me on here.

I though it might have been a real question until you asked if it made you smarter.

This is the question I hate the most to be asked and making a joke out it is worse.

ZepherGeist
Rating
I found out the M4 carbine and M855 5.56x45mm cartridge is not nearly as effective as it should be.

Later, since I was Company Armorer and near adopted son, I asked a harmless favor from the First Sergeant.

I got an M16A2. A Belgian one, my "FN16".

I honestly NEVER thought that I would WANT an M16, but I am convinced that the fact I had a rifle - with a purchased C-More reflector sight - is the reason I survived my first combat tour from March 2003 - April 2004.

As for what I felt?

In all honesty . . . I really felt surprisingly little. With the exception that "The weapon is NOT working".

Turns out every round I fired at the Haji hit . . . and went THROUGH him.

It was around thirty meters when I first fired. Initially six entry wounds and six exit wounds, after the third controlled pair, I dropped to a knee and put a round through his right hip bone, which dropped him immediately. Then I rushed up and shot him in the head.

I never thought a human being could produce a scream like that.

I did not even have to make the justification of "Him or Me", I just felt numb. Nothing of note for any of the individuals I shot at. The fact I was numb was more frightening.

Except for that scream.

It stays with me. Comes out every now and again during the night, but I don't even remember the bastard's face, just the scream.

The CO, 1SG and Chaplain helped me figure out that it was not my inner sociopath screaming to get out, but it was more that I had a higher maturity level - I was an "Old Man" at 26 at the time - and I was better prepared to not dwell on it.

Able to compartmentalize, as we say.

In combat I felt real anxiety, yet in many ways felt cold and detached from it all.

Quite surreal compared to the stories of other men.

You don't get smarter, you just get older by one more day.

Until the next mission, then you do it all over again. There is no *********, because you know you are not bulletproof.

For me there was just detached focus as I looked for a fight.

I had an M14 rifle in my tool box my second time in.

The guy I popped with that found out how good a shot I was, as I hit him just below his left eye. My other 1SG, who had ordered me to fire, was impressed. The M118 sniper round is a real argument winner.

He gave me a dollar he bet with the CO, who I knew from my last duty station and was picked by him for his radioman and part of his Personal Security Detachment, that I would nail the enemy in the head.

To balance my Karma, I gave the 1SG an ice-cold Coca-Cola when we finally got back to the FOB.

We were both relieved the Fates had been satisfied.

The one thing I AM afraid of is talking to people about it in person.

I wound up making some people uncomfortable the only time I did. And I am leery of speaking to people at the VA, as I cannot account for true confidentiality there.

The LAST thing I need is for my name to pop up on a "Banned from ownership" list when I go to purchase a rifle or pistol.

I did not fight for this country just to be DENIED my rights.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, October 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy