Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

Which special forces has the 'most demanding' fitness entrance level?
I realise that there is gonna be a lot of debate about this topic, but im curious...
But what are the fitness requirements for other special forces (GIGN, Delta, SEALs, Brit Special Forces etc), ...

What happens after Army ROTC?
Training wise, And job picking? if i want to be an MP when do i train for it?...

Describe Sledge's reaction to seeing his fellow marines getting cut down as they hit the beach at Pelilieu.?

How many times can you fail the apft before getting chapter out?
ive been the the national guard for almost 3 year and have taken more than 25 apft since basic. i couldn't pass it in basic, took nine weeks @ a fitness battery after basic to pass it to move on ...

Just signed contract for army national gaurd am i private or after basic.?
some dude called my house asking for private (my last name) i signed the contract 3 weeks ago and i dont ship out to basic till july. i thought i am not a private till after basic whats up?...

Can I join the army? Just need to see if I qualify.?
I have a small criminal record with a few misdemeanors ranging from public intox to a domestic violence charge from when I was 18. I'm 24 now and turned my life around a couple years ago then ...

Army Infantry teach you how to kill?
Does Army Infantry teach you how to kill?
Additional Details
well people make it seem like a joke....

Best branch to join for closest thing to police work. miltary?
i looked into AF security force, Navy MA, Army MP, coast Guard, i want to know what would be the funnest(i know military is not fun but yeah) closes to Civilian police. description of average day. ...

Whats the movie when they guy in the army or boarding school gets hit by all the other soldiers?
They start beating him and i think in the end he just kills himself?? Please tell me i'd like to watch this again. =)
Additional Details
they hit him while he sleeps.. and he eats a ...

What are the chances of going enlisted once disenrollment from ROTC?
I am currently an MSIII about to go to LDAC and i have been going through personal problems. Im deciding on dropping ROTC and would like to just pay the tuition back. What is the likelihood of being ...

Special Forces Traing (high school freshman)?
So i want to join the special forces when i graduate high school.
I need some help with my physical training because I know what i do now will not be even close to making it.

Running ...

On the scale of E1 through E6 what rank will I have upon entering the coast gaurd with an associates?

Help finding AH-64 Nose-Art/Squadron Patch?
I've been looking for a close-up, high resolution shot of the noseart for a AH-64D Apache Longbow, belonging to A Company ("Redwolves"), 1 Battalion, 82 Combat Aviation Brigade, based ...

Timeline for new Army recruits?
i am joining in july,and i am wondering what my timeline will be like.
couple months at basic, right?
then do you go home or go straight into specialized training?
after further ...

In the British Army, does it matter if you are gay or a lesbian? Or is it the same as in America?
I am thinking about joining the army, and yeah i do expect a bit of homophobic crap, but i am not a 'butch' lesbain and it's the last thing you would think if you saw me.
no anti ...

Do you think Israel has better pilots then the U.S?

Can a squid be trained to attack a submarine?
Could a large squid be used as a torpedo to destroy a submarine?

Let's say it was implanted with an explosives and trained to recognize enemy submarines....

Do incoming Navy recruits need to memorize the Navy Ethos and Navy Creed or just the Navy Creed?

What do you do at MEPS?
i go on friday i didnt know u had to stay all night but its whatever what do u do there and im goin to ft sill oklahoma anyone been ...

Is there such thing as a 6 star general for the U.S military?

pinoy trix
Do navy nurses get deployed into battle?
because i want to be a navy nurse
i heard that they dont get deployed
the basic thing is
I WANT TO SAVE LIVES NOT KILL PEOPLE
i dont want to be into battle
and i dont believe in killing something unless its in a video game

Show all answers
Post your answer

0621 Cpl Type
Rating
First off, you'd be a corpsmen. If you want to Iraq or Afghanistan you'd more then likely be there with Marines. We don't have our own medical, the Navy is it. That being said, there would be a very high chance of you seeing combat if you went corpsmen, but you would be considered a non-combat due to the Geneva Convention. If you stayed blue side you'd either be working on ship for... it's either 2 or 3 years? Or you would work in a Navel Hospital. I love my docs. i say go for it if you want to help.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Mrsjvb
dear gawd are you delusional. Nurses are non combatants. they will not be directly involved in combat. that does NOT mean that combat won't come to them, of course, as there are no front lines any more and plenty of medical personnel behind the fence have been injured when a suicide bomber got through or some crazy person lobbed a missile over the fence.

absolutely Nurses deploy. who do you think provides secondary care to injured personnel after their medics have triaged them and gotten them safely back?!
hell my RHEUMATOLOGIST deployed for 6 months .

Terrick
I'm in the Army, so I can't REALLY speak for the Navy, but the general rule of thumb here is that ALL MOS (jobs) are deployable. Keep in mind though, if your job in the Navy is Nurse, they're not gonna put a riffle in your hand and say "go shoot people." Every job in the military has its own unique purpose. Some soliders shoot people, some soliders do intelligence, some soliders to medical. If you're a medic...you might be in battle. Like I said i don't know about the Navy...maybe you'd just be stationed on a ship somewhere.

Michael
Yes, they can be deployed to combat zones. They will work in a hospital or clinic environment, not out in the field with the troops.

NWIP
Rating
Deployed yes you will go wherever you are needed. You can be within a certain distance to the front line or it could be in a disaster relief area or it could be on a ship or it could be in the base hospital.

If you don't want to kill people then joining the military might not be the best idea. Why do you have to be a military nurse, you can be a civilian nurse just as easily. You can be in situations in the military where taking action against someone is necessary, it is the same in civilian life as well. You can easily have problems at a civilian hospital where people come in with guns, etc...

Rob G
Rating
Yes they do...And as a nurse you won't be killing anybody when you are deployed. Your job will be to put the folks back together.

ET1 (SS) USN retired
Rating
A nurse is entirely different from a corpsman.

Hospitals and hospital ships have nurses and doctors.

Mil Med clinics have corpsmen.

As a nurse in the Navy you would serve at one of many hospitals here stateside, or in Italy, or Japan, or any Navy base overseas that has a Navy hospital. Usually a harbor.

You could also serve on a Navy hospital ship. They sail to areas where they can treat recent hurricane victims, tsunami victims, earthquake victims, etc.

Ships rarely sail into land-locked battlefields, they tend to stay on the water. Battles do some times extend out onto the world's oceans but it requires going to war with a major power who has a navy. We are not currently locked in any 'war' with an opponenet who has a navy.

I am Navy. Other posters seem to be confused between what different services do. Navy is mostly on water, or on bases that are in harbors. The Navy does not normally sail any ship onto land.

As a Navy nurse you would serve in a Navy hospital or on a Navy hospital ship.

Battle is possible on a Navy base, but it has been many decades since the last time a US Navy base was attacked during war.

Navy Hospital ships are not cambatant ships, so they do not go into combat areas.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy