Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

I'm frustrated by the fact that no one else I know supports the Iraq War. I mean the Iraq need US(the U.S.) t
I mean come on, our soldiers are over there, at least we can give them a little support. They deserve it, fighting for a cause I believe in. I mean come on:
1- They attacked the Twin Towers, ...

What happens If North Korea succeeds in making the nuclear weapon?
I understand that its dangerous and all but do they really think they can win when there are more advanced countries like America around?
Additional Details
Mary F , i think they are ...

Is it possible to be against the war but support the troops?
Naysayers say that being against the war means that you don't support out troops. I think you can do both. What say you?...

Is area 51 ture and are aliens real?
i all ways go on google earth and look round but i typed in area 51 messing around and it came up......... if it was secret they wouldn't put
it there .. tell me what you think about it....

Any of you Yanks want a fight ! ?

How many people do you know that own firearms in your area? Where are you? Do you own one?
I know none and I live in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. I dont have one....

Email about a soldier Jeffrey S. Porter reporting from middle east about obama's visit?
Obama didn't visit with any of the soldiers or shake their hand he only visited with the general and played basketball for a photo op??
email going around

CPT Jeffrey S. Porter <...

How come the USA Army and Marines are brain washed?
Can't these people think on their own? Don't they know they are going down in shame in Iraq like their father did in Vietnam? No way will they win in Iraq due to the insurgents beating the U...

Why is it that so many Americans?
Answer any question about Iraq by saying something about terrorists or the twin towers ?
Its been said already by the US and UK governments that Iraq had nothing to do with terrorists, Bin Laden ...

Why do so many liberals criticize Bush when Kennedy and Johnson killed almost 60,000 Americans in VN?
I've heard people call Bush every name in the book because we are at war and how he is personally responsible for killing American soldiers. How can anyone even be a Democrat after Kennedy and J...

I am from iran and I think they american should leave are country. You are making things worse by being there
Also you have accomplished nothing since you have been there. al-qaida is still there. All your doing is getting us into a war with iran and getting our people ...

Is it true?
that Bush wants to have another war in Iraq? what do u think the results r going to be. its not fair to the soliders because they r loosing there lives cuz Bush thinks hes right.
Additional D...

Do you troops know this?
When you fight and die in Iraq you are not fighting for my freedom here in the USA. My freedom or lack of freedom has nothing to do with Iraq. You silly troops are dying for a worthless cause. You ...

What do you think about that church that is protesting at the funerals of American servicemen and women?
As a US Marine I find it very offensive, They have signs that say "Thank God for dead soldiers". The father of one soldier sued them and the jury awarded him $10 million dollars. I think it&...

Im a soldier going to Afghanistan soon....... any advice?
From people who been there?
British army?
What can i expect to see and do?...

Why can't we win In Iraq?
We've been there 55 months and counting. WW Two the USA fought for 45 months......against Japan and Germany but the war in Iraq has been going on for 55 months. What is wrong with the USA. Will ...

Do you think that more young people should be made to join the armed forces?

Did George Bush ever see any combat?
I saw pictures of him in uniform....

If Osama Bin Ladin came to you for help while in the military how would you help him?

R we at risk of another civil war?
just ...

Jay
Do Women Have To Sign Up For The Army When They Age 18?
I have tons of people telling me different things. I hear: no they dont have to if they dont want to. "but if thats the case, that would kinda be sexist saying men have to fight. women you want rights i think they should have to fight for them too." then i hear: yes they must like everyone else. i'm just trying to find the truth. and if women dont have to if they dont want to. i think that needs to be changed.

Show all answers
Post your answer

bambino_babe_27
Rating
no they don't but women in congress are fighting that right now i am a women and i think that everyone should sign-up

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

tawniemarie
Rating
No, women are never required to register with selective service. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

AVECK THE GREAT
look it up google magic

Lola
Now days no one has to sign up when they turn 18. It's totally voluntary and an equal opportunity/choice for both sexes. Get your facts straight before forming an opinion and airing it out.

Liz
Rating
nope
isn't equal rights a *****?
:]

King$mity
Rating
no-no they don't-wemon still the the one's that get pragnite and carry the baby for 9 month's

lisab
Rating
No. You can check sss.gov for info.

rukidding
I can tell you for sure: No, they do not, even if they want to, the Selective Service won't register them. If they want to join the military, they're welcome but they do not have to encounter the Selective Service at any time.

catiwhompous
Rating
No they don't.

I knew a girl who wanted to join the army and be on the front lines (which women are not allowed). She frightened the recruiter.

I♥Choir
Rating
I dont think so. But I know men at 18 have to sing up with Selective Service.

j.p.
Rating
No women do not have to sign up.I think it should be voluntary for a woman to sign up.No matter how many equal rights a woman fights for she is still a woman.I don't think women should
be fighting in the front lines with men.Men are meant to be protectors so let the men keep doing it.There are though
certain types of women.There are woman though that could
handle it and that are more tough like men.Those types of women should be able to voluntarily sign up.

monstrisa
you mean the draft? no, women do not sign up for it, and i am not sure if it is sexist or not

princess4fun7_24
Women Do NOT have to sign up for the draft. I do not think they should have to either. I know a lot of women you would not want in the army. I am one of them. I am such a wuss. I burst into tears if someone looks at me funny. lol They would kick me out the first day!!

My Evil Twin
Nobody, male or female, has to sign up for any branch of the US armed forces because there is no Draft. It's all volunteer.

Sam.
Rating
no they dont have to.

LucyLou
No we do not. You don't have to "sign up for" the military at 18. It is registering for the draft. Since there has not been a need for a draft since Vietnam, there is really nothing to worry about. This was a rule that was set in place a very long time ago and has yet to be addressed. I do think that if there is a new draft women will be involved in the draft. Many of my family members were drafted. They returned from Vietnam changed boys into disturbed men. My dad is including. Too bad we can't live in a war free world. If you want the rule changed then do something about it.

Bre
Rating
the army is a oppurtunity to change your life and do something amazing for your country. your not always doing infantry unless you choose to. there are many jobs that you can do in the army and when you get out get a civilian job. the army isnt all about fighting. but it can be if you make it. on the other hand women and men can both sign up when there 18 you have to have a piss test and clear it and pass the physical fitness test before you are sworn in and paper work is began . you all so have tests at mos so you get to see what line of work you could be choosing from. talk to a recruiter its one of the best things you can do.

myraxellenxamos
no they do not have to.

Oldcorp Marine
Rating
no

Nimaeve
Rating
Women are not required to sign up for the draft when they turn 18. Only men are. National service in ANY country traditionally has been a male responsibility from time immemorial. Women stayed at home to run the farms and raise the kids. Israel is currently the only exception that makes national service a duty for both men and women.

peaches6
Rating
My son did. . . but not my daughter.

Stephen K
They do not have to register for the military, although they may volunteer

Natty-Lea
Rating
No they don't have to sign up. Women aren't the ones who start wars. That's not sexist thing to say, it's just a fact. We are biologically very different. :-)

Kaleigh
Rating
No we don't have to. It's our choice whether or not we do. Only men have to.

KungFuKricket
The thing is, men are required to sign up for Selective Service, which is not the same as mandatory service. It means that if it comes to a large war, they would be called to serve. Men do not have to fight when they become 18, they must register. It's basically like the goverment checking and seeing how meny men would be able to fight if it became needed.

Women do not need to sign up because the Selective Service is basically seeing who is combat-ready. Women are not permitted to serve in direct combat roles. If it came time for war, we could supply the need of non-com forces without a draft and could probably use volunteers for non-com and draftees for combat. Hope this helps.

lilrebelbabe1986
Rating
no we do not have to enlist.. and its so the women will be here for the children.

mr_crankypants
No only men are eligible for the draft and must register at age 18. That's not the same as signing up for the army.

irish_guy88
No women are not a part of the selective service act. I am not sure of the reasoning behind this but it only pertains to men ages 18-25 living in the U.S.

charlie c
Women don't have to sign up for anything. Men sign up at 18 to register for a service, but that doesn't mean they have to serve military duty unless they're drafted. And for now that doesn't exist.
Charlie C.

w00hahaha
There is no draft, so no one has to fight if they don't want to. Only men have to register for Selective Service (the draft), but it is not actively used, nor is it likely to ever be used again.

Brin
Rating
No, females are not required to join the military but neither are males. Males only need to register with the selective services after they turn 18. This is not joining the Army or any other armed force, it is simply letting the government know you are eligible for the draft if it is ever necessary to reinstate it.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, July 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy