Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

Can you get out of basic training in boot camp?
My son has been injured his first week of boot camp. He is on graduation hold indefinetly. Is there any way he can get out at this point?
Additional Details
I guess I should have ...

Why do people want us to surrender in iraq?
they want us to surrender to terrorism. i don't understand how someone can honestly say that they want us to sink below the level of a terrorist. that would be the most cowardly thing our ...

Do you fear world war three is looming.? And it could all happen in the blink of an eye by the powers that be?
No one knew about the cold war when it was an hour away from happening.A Russian submariner freind of Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov recently admitted he had his finger on the button to send a nuke ...

How Many People Here Support Guantanamo Bay?
I'm just curious....

When you first joined the military, did you feel uncomfortable showering with other men?
When I first joined, I thought to myself "What the heck...???" Haha....

What is your fav. song and why. ( give some lyrics)?
DONT BE MEAN OR WIERD..........

Was Mr.Rogers a ex vietnam sniper?

Where is Bin Laden currently located?
He has to be found!...

CIVILIANS teaching the Army how to shoot rifle...WHY????
Why is the US Army now employing civilian marksman to train its soldiers in the fine art of marksmanship? If the Army teaches potential snipers how to shoot then why do they need college dudes to ...

Is it possible for a not American citizen to join the American Army?
More specifically: a friend of mine wants to know if it is possible for him to join the U.S. Army. He is 22 years old, from Ghana (where he actually lives).
If yes, how can he get the visa to ...

What united states president withdrew U.S troops from vietnam?

Do you think without any intervention India can invade Pakisthan?
A. Yes

B. No....

Are drill sergeant allowed to touch you?

Was America reluctant to go to in to WW1 and 2?
because they had already witnessed the American Civil War.
It is quite understandable that America saw the Europe war as not their own.
Additional Details
I shall give the best ...

March 17 war protest in D.C.?
There will be a gathering of war protesters in D.C. on the 17th. I'm sick of only hearing their side, America is bad, having money is bad, having a military is bad. Anyone else up for a road ...

Whats the best military branch?

If we went to war with either China or Russia wouldn't we be instantly f***ed?
Like if there weren't any nukes it wouldn't be too hard, but how do nations with nuclear weapons fight each other with out blowing up the world? It makes things a bit more difficult......

Should women be allowed into military combat?
Im doing an essay on this topic and need some points on either side of the argument. If anyone can help by stating what they think, or any web sites that talk about the topic it would be greatly ...

Are some navy corpsmen considered Marines? i see some wear Marine uniforms, what is this about? even have...?
Marine hair ...

Military Branch has the hottest women ?

Additional Details
hahahahahaahah you guys are the best. I love this goddamn forum....

stunston
Can you be exonerated from going to war if your the only male child in a family?

Additional Details
And if so what sources could I verify this info with?

Show all answers
Post your answer

thatwench
Rating
Not anymore. That law has been changed.

Uncle Sam (and King George II) needs more bodies to send overseas to fight his war, so they can send them back in body bags.

Your best bet would be to hope there's not another draft.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Thundercat
All males over 18 are required to register with selective service. There are such things as a hardship discharge once a person is in the military.

http://www.sss.gov/FSwho.htm

Joseph P
Rating
No, however, you can not go into a combat zone. I had a friend on board my ship which was in that position. We were being deployed into a possible hostel area. My friend objected about being transfer ed because of this. He didn't have a choice.

Why did they have to save Private Ryan in the movie?

Ramphog
Rating
I am the only son and I had to ask to go to Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom. But I have heard of others not being asked .... I dunno....

sir_crunkness
yes is the propery paperwork is filed. it is normally done by your recruiter.

SirKevin
I think that is still in effect....however, that does not allow you to not go into the service......if there was a draft.....

nastaany1
Rating
yes

dumbdumb
Rating
yes i believe if your are the last to carry on the family name you can be exempt from going into battle

Nate
yes think if you have any reason they might not want you ...

Medical reasons
Conflict of interest

Those are the best so get crackin

redunicorn
If you mean the US, it currently is an all volunteer army. As long as you don't join or sign up for the National Guard, you don't have to go to war.

bretto24
It is a volunteer Army - at least in the US.

mythoughts
During the time of the draft, the youngest male child or the only male child were exonerated from being drafted. However, if you join the military voluntarily, you are not exempted from being sent into combat!!(USA)

Lewis Y
Not in USA. You can apply for hardship exemption in certain cases if you are already in the military..

There is an exemption if your brother(or I guess sister now), was killed in action, and you are active military.

Previous answer made valid point about volunteer army.

randita22
yes you can

Der Lange
Rating
Depends on what country you are in, and your present status.

In most countries that practice conscription, or "drafting" young people for military service, there are specific exemptions for the only child of either gender, as well as for the only male child. Sometimes this means such people must participate in alternative service to the country - teaching, or helping with public works, and so forth - or entering the military in non-combatant roles. That might mean medical or supply services and usually means service in the home country or well away from zones of combat.

In the United States, you could go online and look up the "Selective Service," the organization that would be in charge if the draft was re-instated. If you are already in the military, then you must look up the regulations on the website of the service in which you serve. Alternatively, you can ask a chaplain, or a local representative of the Red Cross. If you are not in the United States then I regret not knowing how to advise you for this kind of information.

"Exonerated" by the way is the wrong word - it means to be relieved of guilt or responsibility for an action or position (something you would want anyhow) - what you really mean is "excused" or "exempted." Two points for spelling it right, however!

JB
Sorry that only worked during the draft. They werent allowed to draft you if you were an only son that way the family name could live on incase of a war death

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, December 19, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy