Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

Who has the best infantry?
which country in the world has the best special services mine would be the british SAS for they have won so many battles for britain and i have heard they even train other contries special forces.

Could WWII have been ended without the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagakaski?
I am doing a debate in my AP history class and I am on the opposing side * The United States should NOT have dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki* was the side we chose. If you have any ...

How many American Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airman have to die...?
before we can listen to the Dixie Chicks again?...

U haven't got the guts?

Will it be possible for demoncrats to set aside their insane hatred for Bush?
and actually try to work together with the rest of the country?...

What will happen in Iraq if we cut and run?

We are so worried about terrorists, but what about dresden, bagdad, and hiroshima and nagasaki?
over the years we have slaughtered, raped, and bombed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, yet we would never consider ourselves terrorists.

what is the difference btw a suicide ...

Why does John Kerry have such hatred for the military?

Has USA ever managed to win a war on it's own?

How would you react if America was being invaded?
You know enemy jets over head, Tanks rolling up the streets and soldiers unloading from trucks....

Did the USA deserve the 9/11/01 attacks?
Obviously the american people killed that day did NOT deserve such a tragic fate.
But wait a minute...the USA has tremendous track record of bombing whole cities full of innocent people......

If you were getting drafted ...what would you do?
run...hide...play ill....hurt yourself...what......

Should we leave Iraq or just go to war with the whole middle east?
Because that is what will happen if we stay. Face it those people hate us. Regime change my butt, we've gotten rid of Saddam and most of the terrorist now what?...

Why does America always Win wars?
We are always kicking butt, in whatever conflict we are in. Even in the 1700's 1800's etc. I think more than half the wars that the US was in we were an underdog. Nam, and Korea where ...

Why does Bush still have us at war is it really necessary?

What would it take for G. W. Bush to say "I made a mistake"?
Instead of posing as The Decider, suppose he was mature enough to say - I erred, I'm sorry, and I accept full responsibility - then wouldn't the American people have more respect for him?<...

Will this be the way humanity ends?
Assuming nothing happens to humanity, like an astoroid, nuclear war, etc. I think the end of humanity will be the technology of robots (Artifical Intellegnece) when they can think for themselves and ...

George wants more young Americans into the Iraqi meat grinder. Whatya think?
Both Bush and Blair Know they're on their last legs.

Obviously, they've created a big mess and a pullout would would result in an even bigger mess. But is it worth so many more ...

What do you think about us soldiers who fought invietnam ?

Before invading Iraq, shouldn`t Bush have caught Bin Laden first?
It was Bin Laden who was the muscle behind the 9/11 attacks, yet he has been conveniently forgotten about as Saddam was an easier target to attack and catch.
Additional Details
eerie, I ...

Amanda
Can you be a colonel in the army at the age of 23?

Additional Details
Thanks for all the responses ..the reason i asked was bc this guy told me he was one but i found out hes only a leutenant

Show all answers
Post your answer

Bill H
Rating
I heard some very smart kids finish high school at age 8, and graduate school at age 12.

If kids like that join military as a Lt Col (because this kid just finish med school) at age 14, by 23 he is entitled many things, including being a colonel.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Dude
Yes... you'd have to be in a war with a lot of attrition and have a lot of people senior to you die. Kind of like WWII, but I am not sure of the age of the youngest COL ever, interesting question...

anton_29207
Rating
Officers have to be in each pay grade for a certain number of years.On the average it takes 10-15 years for them to reach the rank of Major. If you do the math, a man gets out of college at the age of 22, he is 32-37 to be a Major.

Seattle SeaBee
Rating
At the ripe old age of 23, the highest rank he probably would be is First Lieutenant. Sounds like he's a pretty good bullshit artist though.

big stan
Rating
Considering most people graduate college at about 21 or 22....no way. Most 1st LT's are older than 23. The average age of a colonel is more like 50 than 23.

tom l
Remember that a colonel is only one rank below a star. So I would imagine that the last 23 year old colonel was promoted to that rank in 1776.
Most colonels are academy graduates (about 22 years old when the graduate) and there isn't a chance in hell that someone would go from o1 to o6 in one year.

Big Steve
very unlikely

!m me 4ever @lw@y$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not sure LOL

Tom C
Rating
No. To be an officer higher than Captain, one must have a bachelor's degree. For almost everyone, that means by the time you graduate your Officer Basic Course, you are already 23. A 2LT must wait two years before he goes before the 1LT promotion board. I will say that it is impossible for a person to be a colonel at 23.

shimmyshimmer
NO look on the paychart and see how many years you need

Tony NY
Amanda ... I've not seen any age limits, but let's be real. The answer in today's day and age is a "No." There MAY have been a 23-year-old colonel in the Army at one time or another, but not any time recently, I feel.

Big Jay 7
Rating
i really doubt it
a captain maybe
a major very unlikely
a colonel no way not at 23

Rating
It is totally unheard of. To get from 2Lt. to full Col. take an average of about 18-20 years of service, if you get the right breaks. Col. is just below a Brigadier General [1 star general].

briang731/ bvincent
In today's US army it is highly unlikely, however during WWII it was possible that we had a few floating around.

Mahatma Coat
Not even in WWII and definitely not now. I think the youngest in WWII was 26 or 28.

jazzkidzmom
Pretty unlikely, since one must have a college degree in order to be commissioned, and it takes some years to progree upward from the rank of Second Lieutenant.

Bookworm4124
Rating
Corporal maybe.... Definitely not Colonel. Graduate high school at 18, 4 years of college, officer candidate school.... Not possible.

jeeper_peeper321
Rating
Colonel John B. Weber was promoted to Colonel when he was 20 years old in 1863, He commanded the 89th United States Colored Infantry.

Major General Chesley Peterson USAF is the youngest Colonel I can find in WWll, he was 23 years old when promoted.

Colonel David Hackworth was the youngest Colonel during vietnam, he was in his late 30's, I can not find the exact date of his promotion.

corvuequis
Depends on the country, and the era. I very much doubt that anyone can rise to that rank in the US army today, but there were a few cases of it happening in the cival war.

fla5232
lol, yes and no, you can be permoted to tht rank at any age, but no one would

John B
Nope, you have to have a minimum amount of time in each rank before you get to Colonel

forgivebutdonotforget911
NO. but ...you could be an USAF or ARMY Captain and go to a Navy base and over the phone be mistaken for a NAVY Captain, which is an O6......equal to a USAF or ARMY Colonel.... Course when they find out, they get really mad at you.

oldsalt6585
Simply put, NO. There are, at minimum, time in rank requirements and 23 years of age can't even come CLOSE to meeting ANY of them.
(USN/retired)

bamacrimsonandwhite
Rating
only if you are playing with your GI Joes

Mr. Mui
Rating
No ... even doctors come in as a LtCol after the age of 25, so to reach a full bird colonel at 23 is impossible. Nice thought though.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy