Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

What happens when you pass the RAF training and exam?
Where do you go?
What happens?...

If a soldier dies in battle, does his family receive a pension?
I'm writing a novel in which one of the characters dies in a war. Would his family (i.e. wife and children) receive a pension from the government?
Additional Details
Thank you all!...

What's the most physical conventional unit in the US Army ?
I heard about 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne, Cav Scout, etc, but among the conventional troops (thus no Special Operations, like the Rangers or the Special Forces), which one is the most physical and ...

Do you think war should be like old times?
In huge desserts without all the technology.Just with a sword.Fighting like real mans.Or make their own debate President vs President OR who ever !! NO OFFENSE TO THE SOLDIERS ITS JUST A CURIOUS QUE...

Can I just go to a recruiter to take the ASVAB?
I think I've decided on the Air Force, but I'm still considering Army. I haven't taken the ASVAB yet, and I'd like to so I can get an idea of what AFSC/MOSs I qualify for. I can�...

Coast Guard Health Service Technician?
Hey I am joining the Coast Guard and looking at being a Health Service Technician and want to know if this job is worth the wait (since it is like a 9-12 month waiting list for the school)? Does ...

Which AFSC's does the Air Force pay enlistment bonuses for?
I've been doing some research on the air force because I'd like to join, and I read that they have the fewest enlistment incentives because they normally have more recruits than they need. I...

Does any part of a zip code have anything to do with Artillery coordinates?
Or do the last extra digits have anything to do with Artillery coordinates? Example = 90210-(1234)...

What do you think about the detainees at Guantanamo Bay?
should they be released if no other country wants them?...

Another question; Where would basic be for the Army for anything dealing with the medical field?

I don't know if I should Join and go active now, or do DEP. What would you do, and what's your best advice?
Question is referring to the Army....

What type of special screen doors are on submarines?
Am referring to what special materials are they made out of?
Additional Details
/NAVY SEAL TEAMS EXITING...

Can someone tell me what reserve service is like as a woman in the navy.?
I am thinking about going Reserve in the Navy. I want to be an IT, basically. The only question I have is about deployement. I have heard one of two things, that you have to deploy after your 2 year ...

If I enter the Navy on the DEP, do I start getting paid when I sign up for DEP or when I report to Boot Camp?

How do I motivate my boyfriend to get a job?
This question is probably going to make me seem like the worst girlfriend in the world. My boyfriend is a disabled veteran & a purple heart recipient. However his disability comes from a piece of ...

Is it possible for the army to mistakenly report somebody as dead?

My husband and I are both in the military and we move occassionally.?
Currently is it a better time to rent or buy a house?
Additional Details
Yes we have 2 babies......

Need sites for World War 2?
I need some sites to find weapons i have most of the pistol and most of the sub machine guns but i need rifles and anti tank weapons....please if you have a site help me out

Thank you

Is today the day hannity is waterboarded for charity (for the families of the troops) like he said he would?

Since the introduction of US Patriot, Israelis Arrow, and Russian SA10 has SAM dominated over aircrafts?

Nowye W
Can a speeding ticket/bad credit keep me out the Air Force?
I am trying to join the air force but I got a speeding ticket a year ago. I took the class and it was dismissed and supposedly not on my record. Does this mean I don't have to tell them about it? Or can they see it anyway since they're the govt? If so how is it considered?

Also I filed bankruptcy last year and still owe $400 to my old apartment complex. How badly will this affect my chances of serving in the USAF?
Additional Details
I have a good reason for the bankruptcy, basically I was tricked and my credit card ended up charging me $1000 a month in interest.

My debt payments are minimal. I owe $100 a month in student loans. The only thing that I owe that is delinquent is the $400...

Show all answers
Post your answer

Mike
short answer; yes.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Ekrul
Yes, you still have to tell them about it, especially if there is a class you had to take. However, that should not hold you back I don't think.

The bad credit one might though. It is really about how much debt you have not how bad your credit is. They don't want anyone to go selling military secrets to pay off their debt.

Merchant of Death
Rating
First issue...yes ANY criminal history will show up, even an arrest that didn't result in filed charges. Tell them EVERYTHING and it's best if you provide documentation to the recruiter to verify your story. However, a couple of traffic violations won't result in a DQ as long as you don't lie about them.

Now the credit issue, that can DQ you.

Mr Puma
Moral Standards
The United States Military Services make every attempt to assess the moral quality of potential recruits, and several categories of moral offenses may preclude enlistment. This is primarily accomplished based on criminal record.
I should note here that there is no such thing as a "sealed record," or an "expunged record" as far as the military is concerned. The recruiting services have access to law enforcement and FBI investigative records, which -- quite often will list arrests in these categories.

Financial Eligibility Determinations

Some recruits will have to show that they will be able to meet their current financial obligations upon enlistment. This includes recruits who are married (or who have ever been married), recruits who require a dependency waiver, recruits with a history of collection accounts, bankruptcy, closed uncollected accounts or bad credit. In the Air Force, it also includes any recruit who is at least 23 years of age. In general, the services are attempting to ensure that the recruit can meet current financial obligations on military active duty pay. For example, the Air Force uses the "40 percent rule." Any recruit who's monthly consumer debts (not counting debts which can be deferred, such as student loans) exceeds 40 percent of his/her anticipated military pay is ineligible for enlistment.

The Navy policy examines total indeptness, rather than monthly payments. The Navy Recruiting Regulation States:

No person may be selected who has a history of bad checks (unless through bank error), repossessions, cancelled or suspended charge accounts, or indebtedness exceeding half the annual salary of the paygrade at which the person is being recruited. If indebtedness includes a long-term mortgage, total indebtedness must not exceed 2 ½ times the annual salary.

The Marines use the same Financial Eligibility Determination forms that the Navy uses. However, the Marines only do a Financial Eligibility Determination when the individual requires a Dependency Waiver. As part of the Dependency Waiver approval process, the applicant is interviewed by the Recruiting Commander (or his/her representative), who ensures, as part of the interview/review process that the recruit would be able to meet their current financial obligations on military pay.

Like the Marines, the Army only does a Financial Eligibility Determination when a Dependency Waiver is Required.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, October 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy