Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

Would you support another invasion like the one in Iraq?
I will try to be fair. Would you support an invasion in North Korea or Iran based on information from the CIA or NSA? Lets say, that the sanctions failed and Iran has decided to halt oil production ...

I am Joining the Army Special Forces Which should i join?
their is the Army Rangers, Delta Force, The Armys Force 21, and Black Ops. Which one should i do?...

Should I join?
I used to have asthma but I have not had any problems because of it for about 6 years. Should I still join Army JROTC?...

My granddaughter is AWOL and I need advice so that I can help her. She seemed to adapt just fine in basic.?
She made it through basic and endured stress factures to the leg, an ankle injury, and terrible hip pain. She refused to let her injuries stop her from completing basic. She was 1 out of only two ...

How many countries has the united states of America illegally invaded since 1800, not counting Iraq?

Additional Details
anyone who says none is either misinformed or in ...

I am 16 and Im thinkin about joining the royal marines in the UK I want to join as a medic or a technician not
sure yet,I want to do it cus I love my country (Enlgand) and feel I would enjoy it but I don't really believe in this war should I still join?...

Why are Australians considered better, tougher soldiers than Americans ?
More disciplined as, without the "loud mouthed" all show attitudes of the yanks !...

What will the military say when they are ordered to pull out of Iraq in Feb 09?

Why do we have more blacks and hispanics than whites in the army?

If we bring our soldiers home, are we bring the war home as well?
If we bring our soldiers home, are we bring the war home as well? Will terriorists stay there or will there be another attack here on our soil because of removing soldiers from the Middle East?...

Is it a kind of pleasure and a fun for the American and Israelis troops to kill Arabic children?

He shouldn't be going to Iraq!?
Has this happend to anyone else? I have a friend who was stationed in Affghanstan for a year. When he returned he only had two years left and the told him that if he extended his service for two more ...

Do you think we give the Taliban the respect they deserve?
I don't think we do. Before anyone gets worked up, I mean respect military capabilities, and not admire their political ideologies.

I served in the Parachute Regiment fighting the T...

Has Israel gone too far or not far enough?

What is a terrorist? An American?
Ok so I'm in this class where we are studying the morality of war. A discussion came up the other day about what a terrorist is. Many people agreed that a terrorist is someone who's job it ...

I have a friend that went awol from the army. is it true that they actually look for you.?

This is for those who oppose war...?
if war is such a bad sollution for solving problems then what would you propose for an alternative to war?...

HOLLYWOOD HYPOCRITES; Why do They Protest War, then Glorify it in the Movies?
Martin Sheen played a gruff Special Forces guy in 'Apocalypse Now'; Sean Penn played a soldier in 'Casualties of War.' Tim Robbins played a fighter pilot ("Merlin") in &#...

Why is it ok for Isreal to KILL over 500 civilians and UN officers and this is ok?

Additional Details
yeah you all say it's not ok but no one is doing anything about it....this is not the first time Isreal has bombed and invaded lebanon....check your history ...

Who Can Stop Iran?
I think we won"t be able to do anything against this radical system in iran,,,,,,NOW what"s next
Everybody now aware that we are losing the war against terrorism,in Iraq and also in A...

doodiec
Are you allowed your cell phones while in training?
Are you allowed to carry or have your cell phones while training in any branch of the military?

If not, when are you allowed to use it?

Show all answers
Post your answer

U.S.Marine Mom
Rating
Not while in Marine basic training (boot camp). You can have it once you go on to your MOS training.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

bouv442
During basic training, they keep your cell phone locked up. I just finished AIT, and I was allowed to have mine on me after the duty day was over. Same story for the Air Force on base. While I can't speak for all AIT's I know most of them allow cell phones now.

Mike B
Rating
Things may have changed in the last 8 years but I don't think that much. When I went through basic all of your personal belongings were bagged up and locked away until you finished basic. The only thing you could keep was a wallet. The drill instructors went through all of your stuff before you were allowed in the barracks. They had pay phones that you could use when you had time off but the drill instructors told you when that was and it wasn't very often. I suggest you bring some pre addressed/stamped envelopes and a nice pad of paper.

jenblueblonde
Rating
In the Army at basic training you are not allowed to, nor are you allowed to at AIT. You can only call when the drill sergeants say you can, and generally you have a time limit of 10 minutes or so. You will be using payphones so stock up on phone cards!!

No, usually they will confiscate them at the start of training. When you are allowed to use them all depends on what type of training you are in.

SGT. D
Rating
It will be confiscated along with certain other personal effects and returned after basic training

weirdgrl84
In the Army you're not allowed to have cell phones in basic training. In Advanced Individual Training cell phone usage isn't allowed either I think.

gorgeousams0468
Rating
There are two parts to training, BCT (basic combat training) and AIT (advanced individual training) this is specific to the army, but I'm sure each branch manages similarly:

Each bct unit is different. Dependent upon your drill sergeants and the decision of their chain of command determines whether you are permitted to have your cell phones. For the most part cell phones are not allowed during BCT. The idea is that you need to focus on the task at hand and not be consumed by outside issues.

AIT, on the other hand, again dependent upon which training site, and the company you're in, does allow cell phones. They are not allowed during the training day, but are allowed during your personal time which is typically from about 6 pm to lights out, or as dictated by your drill sergeant/chain of command.

Hope this helps

Just Gone
when jeremy went to the marines and when jeffy went to the army, they could not have them. they were allowed to have them after graduation ceremonies.

melaniepari2003
After basic garduation you are not "supposed" to but most do. If you are planning on sending of the person buyong one make sure it is a Quad something so that he or she could use it overseas. Cingular is the best with that and also has military discounts

jbdb2494
In the Marine Corps the answer is no, not in training. Depending on rank, there are phones and computers available when not training.

Nat
In the Army, after Basic and AIT (since it has been covered already above), cellphones in training are forbidden, except for senior leadership (Platoon Sergeant and above). The cellphones they carry are there for emergencies (i.e. someone's wife is pregnant and expecting). Often it's just there to supplement radios (or when military radios aren't practical to field such matters).

Cellphones are also forbidden in combat zones, except for those issued by the unit for specific tasks.

?
Rating
I should hope not. I would think it would be so annoying for the D.I's to listen to phones going off. I was in during the mid 1990's and that is before everyone had a cell phone. We could carry them, but they had to be hidden while we were in uniform.

FOA
they allow you to put it away with your civilian stuff. But it won't be plugged in or charged when you get it back.
My son left his at home, it's here now;)

krystal k
Rating
hell no...you would get in trouble if you had sneek one in in camp

Jaclyn
Rating
LOL no. Not in bootcamp. When you go to school for your specialty, yes.

Sean
Rating
I hope not. I just had this mental flash of cell phones ringing when soldiers are actually in a battle and half of the people stopping to answer them.

That's a slight exaggeration, but not by much.

ecrivain77
If you're referring to basic training, i.e., boot camp, then the answer is no. Sorry. At formal schools after basic, you generally are allowed to have a cell wherever you bunk but not with you during the training day. Once you're out of training, you can have one with you but it can't be visible on your uniform unless it's been issued to you by your command and is pertinent to your job. And when you're using one, you can't be walking. Hope that helps!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, October 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy