Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Military
Legal Discussion Forum

Question about dodmerb?
k, so i had a non epileptic seizure a couple of months ago. it was by playing a video game. the doctors said it probably wouldnt ever happen again. do u think i'd be able to get a waiver? ...

Whats the best things about USAA?
Im looking to use them for a checking acccount....How is everything else, Loans, car insurance, ...

My Grandfather was born in Kimberley South Africa and join the Royal Navy in 1898. Is there any service Histor?
Any other crew members or photographs????
Additional Details
His Official Number was 201054
his name was Robert Charles Ward
he was born in the 23rd Feb 1883...

What are the requirements for being in the navy?
do you need a high school degree?
and what disabilities can you not have?
im just wondering because this one guy i know whats to join......

The national gaurd......?
the national gaurd has a thing where there is no deployment for two years so i can finish my schooling is this true, has anybody done this ...

AUSTRALIAN DEFENCE FORCE...WAS GOING TO JOIN NOW UNSURE!!?
i was going to join the ADF, now i have second thoughts due to my cousin telling me about drug use, forced peer pressue and everyone having sex.

i dont want to join now after hearing this....

Asvab test tomorrow... Questions about jobs...?
I go to take my asvab test tomorrow for the army... When i go to pick my job... What job is going to get me the most combat action...? I mean dont think i'm trying to fulfill some G I joe dream.....

HELP... How to become an officer in the AF?
Can i become an officer in the AF if i have a bachelors in Hospitality management, is this degree helpful to them. If so how can become an officer.

Already in the Air Force Senior A...

Whether Wing Commander of Indian Air Force is a Class I gazetted officer?

Why do people hate the military?
why do people like mocinhalinda17 hate the military? i want opinions on this cause personaly i cant see why its so hard to understand that the military has virtually no say in where it goes and what ...

I need to know more about AWOL and DESERTION from the Army!! Please Help??!?
my boyfriend went on leave about 3.5 months ago, then he was considered AWOL, and as far as i know if you are gone for more then 30 days you will be considered a Deserter. and on friday he planned to ...

In the army and have a question that needs to be answered to save my sanity and career?
im int the army and i had received a counseling statement letting me know i was going to receive an article 15 and that i was going to have to give up my phone and computer stuff i have gone through ...

Is there any national security gaurd office in bangalore?
near ...

Can you switch military branches as a reservist?
Is it possible to switch to a different branch of service as a reservist once you've enlisted? I enlisted in the Air Force reserves about a year and a half ago. I'm prior Air Force and ...

What would have happened if Germany never opened up the Eastern Front during WWII?
what if Germany had maintained their alliance with the Soviet Union, how would the world have looked?...

When can a veteran wear his/her uniform according to U.S. Code?
Can a veteran appearing in a patriotic video wear his uniform?...

IS IT TRUE?????????????????????
I just found out that no medical waivers are allowed for the ARNG . Is it true ??? How is that possible??? Can someone answer that for me?? Thanks
Additional Details
NY ARNG to be exact ,...

Why don't Marines have to go to army bootcamp?
Why is it that Marines don't have to go to army bootcamp to transfer over to the army but army soldiers have to go through Marine bootcamp in order to earn the title of Marines?...

What are the Pros and Cons about being a Navy Boatswain Mate?

Air Force Promotions? whats the fastest way? best job to get?
What job in the air force offers the fastest promotions? And is possable and if so with what jobs are you able to join the air force and go straight to officer school?
Additional Details

Justin
After i sign up for the army, how soon can i go to basic?
i am signing up the 1st of may and a few people i have talked says it takes a few months but i am anxious and do not want to wait that long. so how soon can i go?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Stephanie F
It depends on the MOS you have chosen. They find you a slot for school 1st and then put you in the basic course that will end just before it. They want you to go straight from one to the next.

Just tell your recruiter that you want to go as fast as possible, They can ship you pretty fast, but only for certain jobs. Keep in mind that you have to do the job for far longer than you'll have to wait to leave! Don't change jobs just to go faster if you don't want to be in that job.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

anywhere from a week to a year!

all depends on what you want to do and the MOS you have chosen.

oldmarine08
Depends on your MOS!

mnid007
It all depends on what slots or positions are available. Normally, I have seen it take a few months. they have to arrange for you to go to Basic Training and then to AIT. Everything has to be planned accordingly.

Good luck with that!

Jeff77042
Have you spoken with a recruiter yet? I would think that he could tell you.

I hope that you are preparing for boot-camp by training for the three events on the army physical fitness test (APFT): push-ups, sit-ups and a two-mile run. You can expect to run further than two miles as part of routine training.

I also highly recommend that you practice pull-ups; over-handed and starting from a "dead hang." Although not on the APFT you will use that muscle-group on the obstacle course for things like the horizontal-ladder, pulling yourself over a wall, climbing rope, etc.

The very best of luck to you. You might find my "best" answer to the attached question interesting:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AkrA0gOXWrlDtLobe1lKQoTty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090310063427AAdXVQ6&show=7#profile-info-9pXn2zqyaa

See also:

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/army-fitness-requirements/army-basic-training-pft

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, October 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy