Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Marriage & Divorce
Legal Discussion Forum

How to train your wife to obey?
like traditional marriages bibile based
Additional Details
i am the ...

How can I get my husband to let me eat what I want when we go out?
He orders food for me but sometimes he orders food I am not in the mood to eat, you know?...

Please help me, my wife is acting different and I don't kno what to do!?
We have been married for 4 years. She is 28. We have had lots of problems during these years. A month ago I found out that she was communicating with different men through the internet, text ...

Advice on a personal issue, it's serious & I'm embarassed to ask, so I want only genuine, serious answers
I need help with my, uh, sexual desire. In the last 3-4 years, my sex drive has declined, now it is to the point that I really have no interest at all. I have a child, but she's almost 6, and I...

I have fallen in love with another man, am I wrong?
As most of you know from the questions I have asked, I have been in an extremely unhappy marriage for over 10 years. My husband has never really worked longer than 6 months, then goes out on ...

HUsband doesn't like my kids around?
I have my daughter every other week (teenager). Husband (of 3 years) has two teenagers also but they stay at their moms. My problem is...Husband pouts, shuts down, acts angry, stops talking to me ...

My husband has an online dating profile?
We've been married for 2 years known eachother for 5, Its not the perfect marriage, we have two kids together and its far from perfect, I found out he's signed up for a dating service What ...

Should parents that no longer love each other, stay together for children's sake?
Of course it's better for children to grow up with two parents in the household but when the parents no longer love each other, you can no longer show your children a loving relationship. Would ...

Wife cheated, should I keep her?
We were separated for 4 months because of a job xfer, and we have 2 children. She has never done anything like this, but had a one nighter with her former boss a week before we were to be reunited. S...

Do you make the bed every day?
Does your spouse?...

My husband cheated on the internet. He can't understand why I am upset? How can I explain?
He says he was curious and it didn't mean anything. I don't think curious lasts 6-8 months. And he told her private things about himself. Bottom line. He let her have a part of himself we ...

How / When do you know that your marriage is over? all opinions welcome!!?

How can I tell my pregnant wife that I'm leaving her for another better looking woman?
She just doesn't look like what she used to and I can't bare the sight of what has become of her, this has driven me to cheat on her and I feel bad about it, but what can I do, she's ...

I don't know if this is dumb of me, but I got my feelings hurt by my husband today because of my jealousy.
He told me he ran into a couple of old friends from school. A guy and a girl. He then blurted out that he had a big crush on this girl back 10 yrs ago in college. I lost my temper telling him how ...

My ex-husband's grandpa died last night. Is is appropriate for me to go to the funeral?
We had a very bad divorce and I know his family hates me. I know my kids need to go and I want them to go. The kids are old enough to drive themselves. I'm just not sure if I should go or not....

The married man that I am with has left his wife.He says he loves me and is trying everything to be with me?
After moving his wife 200 hundred miles away.Do you think there is any chance for us..We have been having this affair for over a year now.When our eyes meet there is still an over whelming conection.....

I am very attracted to my sister in law, what should i do?
I am married and so is she, we both flirt together and touch each other often. we both come from religious families. But i want to have sex with her sooo bad, what should i do, should i tell her?...

Caught my 47 year old husband in a teen chat room- what to do?
Hi, I am absolutely confused, horrified and upset.
Last night or rather this morning, I woke up around 3:30AM (I smelled cigerette smoke and am highly allergic, my husband sneaks the occasional ...

Is leaving a note a tacky way to end a marriage?
My husband and I married May 16th, 2008. I recently asked a question because my husband says it's my fault I had the miscarriage, when I did NOTHING.

A lot of people said to leave him....

How can I tell my pregnant wife that I'm leaving her for another better looking woman?
She just doesn't look like what she used to and I can't bare the sight of what has become of her, this has driven me to cheat on her and I feel bad about it, but what can I do, she's ...

caley_kitten
When a husband and wife both work, should the man pay more of the bills then the woman. Or should she pay most
My husband and I both work, but I seem to pay most of the bills and he keeps most of his money and I end up being broke. He blows his money and doesn't give me much of it to pay on the bills. I think it is only fair that we equally pay on what we owe.

Show all answers
Post your answer

kayla
i think that they should separate the bills. one month the wife pays half of them, and the husband pays half of them. or just bay the bills 50/50!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

SpittinThaReal
No it's not fair. Maybe you should hand over the responsibility of paying the bills to him, give him the same amount for the bills he gave you and see how he handles it.

Abby
Rating
When the both of you said, I Do, We became one. you both should contribute to the bills equally. You're not roommates.

moglie
It should be split evenly, or whoever makes more should at least contribute a little more

armyengineer296462003
i think if u both work u should both pay about the same amount just split all the bills in half and u pay half and he pay half

Crisen H
First of all, what is this "mine and his" crap? You guys are married, it's supposed to be "us". What's yours is mine and what's mine is yours. What ever happened to the good old days when all of the household money went into one checking account to pay all of the household bills? This is my advice stop playing the "that's not fair" game and start being a team. Open one joint account and put both paychecks into that one account and pay the bills. Then it won't be this "I pay more, No I pay more" crap.

misydoll
Rating
In our relationship, one of us carries the checkbook and pays all the bills. Both checks go into the checkbook and the person pays the bills first before the extra is spent. You are getting the short end of the stick in your relationship. Let him pay the bills one month and see how he likes it.

ejg411
Rating
Remind him that back in the day the men paid all the bills of the household. Ask him how he would feel if he had no cash for himself. Change the way you do the bills, keep some in your name and some in his so he can be responsable.

shorty
i feel the man should pay a little more because a husband should take care of his wife. my husband and i both work,but he he insist on paying the bills. i think you are getting cheated and that your husband may be to immature for marriage

DENISE
AMEN!!!

onelonevoice
Rating
pro rate if he makes more than he pays more,same for you.

Nina E
Rating
You should meet up in the end of every month and set the bills straight. Each of you should pay for half. Of course, if one has financial trouble the other one should cover for him/her. That's what being married is all about Partnership.

Honey Dip
First of all ...If you are married the money is both yours and his....but if you insist on splitting the bills then do it 50/50....I live with my fiance and have 3 children from a previous relationship and a newborn...our bills go as follows...I pay daycare for my youngest child....my car payment.....the car insurance ...and the electric bill...the cell phone bill and any other utility bills...he covers the rent...his car...(BTW we both have new cars)...his student loans.....credit cards....and buys the food for the house....we are in a home of 6 so the bills total to be quite expensive but we have extra because he has a PT job and we are able to save a significant amount...you need to work on finances with him...that way u still h ave extra money.

msthicknest773
Rating
Everything should be still 50-50 reason why neither party want to go broke paying bills. Everyone loves to have some x-tra spending money why should one party have a pocket of x-tra cash and the other party look stupid broke

evangeline
What a cheapskate he is. I think you should leave him and be better off.

lodeemae
if you make the same amount, i think that its fair for both to pay half.

there is no reason why you should stay broke and him have all his money to blow.

one thing you might do is to start a separate savings account or a 401k and put some in it no matter what doesnt get paid. if something gets shut off, then maybe he will be more willing to help out.

tish
Rating
you should have a joint account that is just for bills and you each put in an equal "percentage" of your income.

Maken trax
Rating
you guys need to balance your bills to be equal,

I usually spend more then my wife on junk, but very little so it is kind of a guy thing however; sounds like he is out of line as you can't enjoy the fruits of YOUR labor.

wait... I got it..... see if you can have an automatic deduction into a checking account, so your bring home is less, also... try puting away $40. per pay period into U.S. Savings bond for like $200. worth, (most large co. will have this program in place) and every 5th pay period you will get a $200. bond, let it sit for the required 6 months and then as needed that money will be available to you at a modest intrest increase. That is what I started doing, I have bonds out there for 3 years now and still growing.. I need some play money I will cash a $200. bond,

There is a power play going on here, he wins, you loose. Don't let him know, you know, just get those deductions coming out to a personall account and just say that cost of living is going up and can he help cover some of this stuff.... then nail him in the bed.... and he will be oblivious to anything going on....

melby
What are your incomes (relatively)? My husband and I always discuss our income and expenses as "ours" regardless of what we had coming into the marriage and what we've purchased since then. It goes in one account, we pay the bills, and make joint decisions on how to spend/save the remainder. This alleviates the finger pointing.

If you are more comfortable with making a clear divide, consider each of your incomes. If they are relatively the same, then your payments (and spending habits) should also be the same. But if let's say, your income is 60% of the total, then you should also be responsible for 60% of the expenses.

And don't listen to these people that tell you to just stop paying your bills or lie to your husband to "teach him a lesson". Your married. It sounds to me like you should discuss this with your husband first. Let him know that you feel that you aren't able to enjoy the fruits of your labor. I'm sure the two of you can come to an agreement that works best for both of you. Good luck!

CHConDOT
it;s surprising you couldn't tell earlier what kind of stingy person you involved yourself with

brokenhearted1010
Coming from a woman that was in the same situation. I just had to sit my husband down and explained to him that I did not appreciate his selfishness and him not paying half and half on all the bills. In order to have a strong relationship, we have to give 50/50 on everything. It's not fair for you to pay the majority of the bills while he goes and blow his money and then he wants to know where all your money has gone when he needs something. Believe me girl...I can go on and on, due to the fact that I have been in the same situation. You just basically have to tell him how all this is making you feel.

caspatrust
Rating
Your first problem is not that you pay most of the bills. You both are acting like roommates. Why do you not have one account? I don't understand why people marry some one they don't trust. Not trusting each other is why you don't have the same account in the first place. If I were you I would say to your husband. We are going to change things here. For now on we are going to have the same account or the bills just wont get paid.

ETxYellowRose
I guess I am from the old school.
When two people get married they pool their money together and pay all the bills out of one account.
When you get married, two halves become one whole.
It is not his or hers it becomes ours.

Not sure what has happened to marriage these days but I really don't like it.
I am so very glad that I do not have to worry about it.

This society has turned into a very selfish one if married people do not consider themselves as one. And it is mine and yours not ours. That is just not the way marriage was meant to be.

Andrea A
Rating
I think now he will find it hard to change from the current situation to a 50:50 split. You need to visually explain ( show him how broke the situation is making you via bank statements etc ) why he needs to change. If that doesn't work then you might need to start allowing some red bills to hit the door mat to get your point across. You need to work to live not live to work !

richa
Rating
it should be equal. one time you give and one he give

Sensei Rob
When a couple is married they should put all the money together and do everything as a couple. The only reason to keep accounts apart is because of bad credit of one of you.
Both of you need to stop being greedy and split the money.
Maybe he thinks you can't control the money and wants to keep it away from you. Step back and look at your spending habits.

chocolatechick
Rating
The bills should be split 50/50 so that way everyone can have some of their hard earned money left over to spend on things that they want. You are his wife not his mother so you should not have to pay for him if that's what he wants then maybe he should go back home to his mother

rea del rosario
Rating
50-50% share.

shankari n
Rating
try to come to an understanding that you both pool in your money together and budget the whole months expenses. as it is now you both are one, they are true husbands and wives. why your money and my money, it is our money and you both happily adjust to situations and dont embarrass yourselves with such nasty thoughts. bring oneness in your mind and be together in all cause and sort out your family expenses and problems together, be fair in relationship and be honest to yourselves. we earn money only for spending and saving. after going through all expenses, try to save little money for your family's future.

movies watcher
u should share the bills equally

tysgrandma99
50 % of both your paychecks.should go in a bank account.for the bills.60 % if you own your own home.75 % if car payments .and insurance are paid out of the house hold money.that should give both extra money,and the bills paid.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy