Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Marriage & Divorce
Legal Discussion Forum

Do you think it is ok for the husband to be able to buy whatever he wants and the wife can't?
I am a stay at home mom so my husband is the only one that works. He has to ok everything I buy, but yet he spends money on whatever he wants and says it's ok because he makes all the money.I ...

If you found out your husband paid for his ex wife (wife then) to go to college...?
but won't help pay for you to go college? Would you be upset?

Not asking for him to fully pay..just help out a bit?

He is currently going to college and paying for himself....

Help !!!!!!!!!! i cheated on my husband this was back in dec......?
with this guy that treated me like royalty.. and so now my husband can not stop with the comments like oh how did it feel kissing me after you had his **** in your mouth and alll that stuff.... Go ...

How do I stop arguing with my wife over money it's driving us apart?
She nit picks every little spending thing. In fact, on a day when it's 85 degrees outside she refuses to put the air conditioning on even though I tell her I'm sweating and uncomfortable. ...

Is my wife having an affair?
she started a new job then got a phone call on her mobile from a man, whom she claimed was a crank caller, however he did not make any attempt to hide his number, it was a house ...

I am engaged but not in love?
Dear all
I am facing a big problem, I am engaged to a woman who is very nice and cute. I treat her like a princess a show full respect to her but unfortuntly i am not in love with her, I am not ...

Men: Define the perfect wife?

MY WIFE LEFT ME for a MARRIED black MAN?
AM I A RACIST FOR HATING THIS BLACK MAN. He was just supposed to be a friend since he was going with her best friend. I really didnt see this one coming cuz she was very verbal about hating her ...

I can't believe I fell in love with a ****. How do I cope? I feel so embrassed!?
Im so hurt and I feel so dumb that my fiancee is a freak.I sacrifices alot for this women, I past up a job out of state for this women and flower her with the best gifts.I loved her so much.I think ...

Been Married 15 Months and he's left me 7-8 time. Do I wait?
Every argument he leaves. The last time (6 mo. ago) he was gone a month and we got back together. This time he's been gone another month and I haven't even heard from him. I'm so ...

My husband is physically abusing me should i leave him or carry on with him?
my parent wants us to be together but after 1 month of my marriage he started doing this to me and he is not even guilty and he is saying tht if i 've done 1 thing wrong then she did 100 things ...

If it is true that all men cheat and lie about it, why does anyone bother to get married?

How do you get your man to leave you?
Say your husband won't let you leave him...but you feel like you need to be separated. How can you act or do so he will leave you?

He's kind of improving his anger and abuse, but ...

I think my gf should clean on her day off,she thinks we should both clean on the weekend,whos right?
we both work fulltime and split the bills 50/50.I work 8 hours a day 5 days a week.she works 10 hours a day and 4 days a week.she always has friday off(3 day weekend).I think since shes off she ...

My husband does not know how to please me?

My ex boyfriends abusive behavior really crushed me!!?
My boyfriend of a year and a half has so many different moods with me. Sometimes he is the romantic that we all love, affectionate and caring. Other times he is non-interested in me, distant, and ...

I've been with my boyfriend for the last 2yrs he keeps saying he's gettin a divorce?
But he has not filed any papers I love him madly and he says he's going to do it should I give him more time or leave him and find someone else help me I'm very confused and in LOVE...

We met online and fell in love,we are both married,we just want an affair, we plan to have an affair,advice?
we love each other,...

I'm sat here about to book my flight to leave my husband.?
I don't know what to do anymore. My husband seems very disrespectful to my feelings and if I say anything to him he calls me a "stupid bit*h" and I am not prepared to spend any more of ...

The married guy that I'm messing with is having money problems because of his fat wife what should I do?
Is this my opening to getting the man of my dreams
Additional Details
I think he married because of money not because he loved ...

julie p
Think my husband is poisioning me. What should I do?
Tonight is my 34th weding anniversary and every year he sits there like a big kid waiting for his presents, and never gets me anything. He doesen't even bother opening his cards. Whatever the occasion, I've never had anything from him. Not even when the kids were born. Not even a daisy from the garden! He's had everything you can think of and all he says to me is I'll get you something tomorrow, but he never does. My kids have grown up sick of his uncaring attitude and non interest in everything. Well right now he's sitting downstairs and I've bought him nothing for the first time, he's expecting a gift which is not coming. But Im getting scared, I can't take drinks off him anymore, I've caught him crushing up tablets in my tea cup a few times, and found open condoms in his wallet. I've confronted him, but he denies it. He's worked permament nights in a hotel for 8 years. I've tried talking to him, but he's to bad tempered and angry. I have nowhere to go. What should I do?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Rating
If he is behaving like this, then maybe you should think about packing your bags and leaving him, especially if he is putting tablets in your drinks. He sounds awful. Sounds like he doesn't respect you, Marrage is suppose to be about love and being happy with someone and it sounds like your marriage isn't.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Nexus6
It's a little surprising that you've put up with him for 34 years.

Prepare your own food and drink until you can get to sleep in a friends spare room.

Then divorce him from a safe distance.

rulestheroostwithkindness
You have plenty of options. There are women's shelters out there, how about one of your kids? I know this means leaving everything behind, which is why you feel you have no where to go, but really, you need to go "pick up the cake" and never go back.
From there, my prayers are with you.
Good luck.

baby girl
Rating
Of course you have a place to go..Go to your childrens house. And get out quick especially if you have caught him crushing pills and putting them in your drink. You deserve so much more than your getting. Get out while you can. Call on your children to come get you.

b97st
Rating
The word that comes to mind is....divorce.

Bethy4
He is poisoning you, after 34 years, you have had more than enough opportunities to be rid of him. But then you have 34 years under your belt. And you think he is poisoning you and you are asking what people on Yahoo Answers think, um, problem, why the hell should it matter what "we" think, get your behind out of there, are you waiting for him to poison you? God Bless.

Ema
Rating
You should take the kids and get the hell out of there...he sounds dangerous, for you and for them, and you don't want to risk getting your kids taken away.

that judi
Ask yourself why you are still there...then file. Your kids are learning patterns even when you think they are not.

Kerry A
leave the ungrateful bugger, he sounds horrible, you deserve better than this, find someone/somewhere to stay (maybe at your childrens house/ hostel) and divorce him. find a nice person to spend your time with!! you are worth more than this!! especially if he is trying to poison you..thats crazy behaviour!! xx

Curious
Rating
Let him make you a drink. As soon as he goes out the room, put some of it into a clean container and get it analyzed. See your doctor and ask, casually, where you could get something analyzed, if you needed to. I would also mention your fears to the doctor.

I'm so sorry you're so sad. I wish I could wish you a happy anniversary, but if I do, it's only to you and only for the times that were good.

You definitely will need to get proof about the poisoning. You could also go to a private clinic, they will do blood tests for you, some poisons/drugs leave the body after 48 hours, so you will need to get it done as soon as you think you may have injested something.

Oh I wish I could help more, but my hands are tied. I'm here though if you just want to talk.

jaded
Rating
your question sounds like an outline from a novel. if you are smart enuf to write like this in flowerly prose, you are smart enuf to take care of yourself. hard to know what to say to someone who sees tablets crushed in her tea (paging agatha cristie!) and does nothing about it.

what should you do? you mean, should i write the next chapter of your book for you?

lovednotspoiled
Rating
call the police

ChillyBoo
If you can get proof that he is trying to poison you, you can take it to the police. Maybe you should try having one of his friends or relatives talk to him...

jas b
Rating
poision him first.

Lorraine W
my ex husband poisioned me with anthetamins. I had been beaten by him on occasions before this had happened. I had reported everything to my doctor and health visitor as my baby was only 4 days old when i had stitches above my eye where he had hit me. he had put White powder in my coffee and on my food. I had evidence of cruelty from previously reporting him. So when i went to the police with my suspitions I had good grounds and they took it very seriously. they took blood and urine samples. I did not get the results back for 3 months and lived in fear at this time. I was given a liason officer who was fantastic.
Report it to someone as soon as possible, he has no rite to abuse you in this was. Go and speak to a local vicar if you can. I did, and she gave me so much support. I was offered refuge by the police liason officer. It's not pleasent and not ideal, but if it means your save, then do it.
SPEAK TO SOMEONE ASAP PLEASE. Phone womens aid, they have an emergency number specificatly for these reasons.People like your husband dont change, but you can. Good luck and God bless you.

IRON MAN
Divorce him - relationships are supposed to be happy.

Chanel babe
wow.....i don't really no wat to telll you but all i hav to say is you should split......he shouldn't be treating you like that ....you guys married each other because you love each other...not because you want to poison each other...and you don't deserve a husband that is probably cheating on you and doesn't treat you the way u should be treated.....so if i where you i buy my own house and move out with my kids...

good luck=D

PANDORA
Rating
YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY IN A VERY DIFFICULT SITUATION AND THE ONLY WAY OUT IS THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR.
SERIOUSLY, YOU MUST SEEK HELP WITHOUT ANY FURTHER DELAY. IT WILL NOT BE EASY BUT YOU MUST BE WORTH MORE THAN THIS.
TAKE CARE

patches
Rating
It might be best that you go for a blood test and find out what he is up to. You will have to tell them what he is doing so thay can run the proper test. Then you will no how to handel the problem. As for the rest i don't think that he cares at all. . Life is to short to put up with that.

see
GET THE F**** OUT OF THERE IMMEDIATELY! I can't believe you stayed this long! WAKE THE F**** UP!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to say it in such a harsh manner but someone has to! Really, wake up! It might be difficult to make some really big life changes however you must take the first step in changing your life. You will be better off without this person.

I'm sure you also have a sense of denial going on her, but you must think clearly..this person sounds HORRID. No one with a good head on their shoulders would put up with this kind of sh**. So get a good head on your shoulders! NOW.

swiftmod
get away from there. go somewere for the night. a friend or relative and seriously think about the situation cos its not right.

Chantelle
He sounds dangerous. Try not to make him angry if he really is trying to kill you. Anyways, do you have a job? You should take the kids and leave as soon as possible. I'm sure there are many support programs that help people like you, so you're not alone.

8 weeks pregnant.xxxx
Rating
Get out asap, why the hell would you want to stay with him any longer, also if you think he is trying to poison you shouldnt you go to the police.

lucylocket7258
First of all, if I really thought he was poisoning me, I would get the hell out. How in the world can you just hang around and see what he's gonna do next. If you can been with him for 34 years, his behavior is not new to you, especially the part about him not ever giving you anything. YOU have known this for a long long time. The only way to end all of it is to get the hell out. YOU say you have no where to go. There a shelters for people that are being abused, go there. If you suspect poisoning, go to the police. There are alot of things you can do, but you have to do them. Long time ago, you should have put a stop to his behavior, but you chose not to. That is your fault, not his. Ever heard the saying, we teach people how to treat us! Well, you taught it to him. once he did it the first time was when you should have put a stop to it and walked away. He knows you aren't going anywhere..You have to get the strength to walk away and not look back. And furthermore, it wouldn't take but one time for me to find condoms in my partners wallet and his *** would be kicked to the curb.

mauilina
next time you see him crushing tablets onto your drinks, have the drink examined. first you report it to the police. also do go the the nearest citizen advice bureau and get some legal advice, on housing, money and how you can handle this on your own. after all your are not on your own. your kids will support you. leave him, but find suitable accomodation first. when you go to the police, do mention the heavy drinking and the violence / you are scared of him. dump him. take this rubbish no more. there are plenty of people out there like you. and keep the condom too next time.
good luck and be strong. it is not too late to get a nice, decent and satisfying life.

totty
Rating
tell him to drink the drinks first or take a sample to the police

MaryAnn L
Rating
Well id give him a slap and say there you go you selfish.b.a.s.t.r.d.... pack your bags ,,,go to one of your kids and then get a safe house away from the swine.. you know if you try hard enough you can sort anything out.. i would have left him years ago especially at the first sign of poisoning.. i aint a crap taker..

kim t
Do not eat of drink anything in the house, file for a divorce as soon as you can. Next time call the police.

Vee
Rating
Oh my goodness. I suggest you leave now!! There is no excuse for you having put up with this for so long. You should be scared to stay not scared to leave!!

WTF32!!
Well if I caught my spouse crushing up tablets and putting them in my drink I would definitely get the hell out of there.

Chuckler
I would talk to the police and change the locks if you really think he is poisoning you. Perhaps you could get a restraining order against him. You could possibly set up a miniature camera in the kitchen to catch him doing this. If possible keep the drink which you think he has poisoned and take it to the police station to be analysed.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.154
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy