Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Marriage & Divorce
Legal Discussion Forum

Should I give my husband another chance?
My husband of 19 years just 'took me in' after I was forced to leave my live-in boyfriend of one month because he was starting to get mentally abusive. In the past my husband put me through ...

A question for those married to the same spouse for at least 10 years. What is your advise to Newly marrieds?
From the pitfalls you experienced, what have you learnt and applied to avoid such pitfalls in future? Are there any axioms which 1. husbands 2. wives can follow right from the begining so that their ...

Husband's relationship with female friend.?
my husband and i have been married a little over one year now. i moved across the country to be with him. he dated his ex for a few years and is supposedly friends with her little sister. a few ...

How do I ask my wife to take a lover?
I have been impotent for the past year. Been seeing a doctor and tried all meds but still no luck. I have tried all "other means" to sexually satisfy her but she wants actual penetration. D...

I can not satisfy my partner in the bedroom dept as i suffer from premature ejaculation?

How many times a week do normal couples ( living together for more than a year) have sex?

What is wrong with wife?
Every day my terrible wife makes soup. Everyday I say more salt in soup, more salt. But always needs more salt. Always. What is she can not listen to my way. More salt!...

Would you marry more than one woman/man if it were legal?
would you like having more than one spouse?...

What happened to the real Man?
What happened to the real Man- the one who used to look for a woman to make his wife for all time. The one who wanted to love her and look afer and provide her with a home, security and stability til ...

Is gettin a lap dance at a strip club cheating?

What are your views on Divorce?
I personally believe in Divorce, if u fall out of love with someone then why stay in a relationship that makes u unhappy!
But i wanna know what are your views???...

Who does the most laundry in your house....You or your spouse?
I mean who, does the majority of it? Or, does your spouse even help? I have wondered how other people share the laundry load! I have teens; and they do their own laundry! But, my husband never does ...

Can any one tell me why why love marriages fail?
Can every one share their point of view so that i may try to prent those situations and conditions in my life......

Should I at least apologize?
My friend found out I cheeted with her husband. She blames the entire thing on me and has already forgiven her husband. She's even started to spread lies about me. (as if the affair wasn't ...

How many people should you sleep with in a lifetime and how many have you slept with?

I am in love with someone. He loves me too but can't leave his wife. What should I do?
We want to leave with each other but he can't take divorce from his wife. We can't even think of leaving without each other. What should we do?...

I've had enough?
I have worked all my life I have brought up my 4 kids my husband has provided all our life for both me and the kids. but I now feel that I want something more out of life than what I can see in ...

How do you tell your wife you want to be intimate with her?
With out asking verbally? I will be getting married soon and I just want to know.

Like how can I give her signs..........

Serious answers only.

Please no smart *** ...

Would you like your long-time partner to confess to you if s/he cheated on you?
Even if it was a meaningless fling, ignorance can be bliss sometimes!...

Will a married man EVER leave his wife for his mistress and truly be faithful to her?

MIA
If your partner asked you to sign a prenup, would you be insulted?

Additional Details
I wouldn't mind. As long as I get my money and belongings, he gets his money and belongings, and we split the things we have together!

Show all answers
Post your answer

ProKC
Rating
hahahahaha! All the girls say yes and the men say no!!!

I wouldn't mind. My fiancee asked me too and I said sure! It's just a precaution. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

murph99990
Rating
No. I suppose you can put yourself in their situation.

Would you give up everything you had to someone you hate. You hope never to divorce, but we never know what life has in store for us.

Chelsey the Deer Hunter =)
Rating
At first but once i thought about then i would understand.

yadda yadda
Nope, they should be a requirement for anyone with assets prior to the marriage. You don't get car insurance or fire insurance because you think you're going to have an accident or your house will burn down. You get it "just in case" to protect yourself just like a prenup.

♥[[Alyssa]]♥
Rating
yes to an extent...

wanderingshopper
Rating
It depends. has the partner been burned in the past? If so, then no I wouldn't be insulted. I personally don't believe in divorce so a prenup wouldn't bother me. A marriage is like a job. You have to work at it everyday or it will fall apart. We will be celebrating our 12th year this anniversary.

Restless
Rating
Most women would be (look at the answers you are getting) but I wouldn't . In fact I would be the one asking my future husband to sign it. You just have to be realistic about these things stuff happens and you never truly know a person. If you are worried you wont get anything be aware that you can have your lawyer negotiate the prenup to make you more comfortable. I say have your lawyer look at it and if you like it sign it. You shouldn't be insulted though...
Good Luck

Zelda
No. I signed it. If, heaven forbid, something goes wrong between us, I wouldn't want to take his money anyway.

wizard
Rating
no,but I would open my own savings account

Snarf
Rating
nope, I make more money than him :)

¸.•*´`*♥Kates ♥ Game11 ¸.•*´`*♥
Good question. I suppose initially yes but giving it some thought, no one knows how a marriage will go so I guess it is sensible.

fromme
When I first started dating my boyfriend. NO - because nor he nor I really knew each other.

But now after 4 years, I fell that we know each other. He should know am not a gold digger., and for the fact that he and his family feel that I wouldn't deserve anything after putting up with his very difficult personality, selfishness. etc., and dealing with all his problems cause he's such a complainer, self controlling , Mind you I deal with all that as graceful as possible (to gracefully actually), I don't even complain. I certainlly love him and would do my best to be a wonderful wifeI in-spite of all these down faults I except them and deal with them that is not an issue. My intentions are of course to stay married. I know I wouldn't be marrying for self gain. But gosh darn it what if in the future he died. Now I find it very offending that i would deserve nothing. That we both had as a married couple.

beagle
The biggest issue I have with prenup agreements is that by their very nature they imply a lack of trust between the 2 individuals wishing to get married. If there is not complete trust between 2 individuals wishing to get married then they should wait. To me a relationship has already gotten off on shaky ground when I’m asking my future wife to sign a prenup agreement so that I can “protect” my assets. Protect them from what? Do I have such little faith in the longevity of my marrriage that I need her sign a prenup agreement? If I’ve gone into the relationship with the right intentions I need to trust that she has too. My assets are hers and hers are mine. So, yes, I would be offended if I were asked. When a mate wants the other to sign a prenup agreement it’s kind of like saying, “I promise to love you and to cherish you until such time that you or I want a divorce.” What kind of vows are those? If I truly love the woman I am about to marry then what is mine is hers until death do us part. It very much depends on with what attitude both are willing to enter into the marriage. If I have even the slightest doubt that her feelings and agenda are not the same as mine then I should not be asking her to marry me- at least not at that time. I’m sure someone reading my opinion will say they have no problems with prenups. Call me old fashioned but I think they are totally unnecessary and their use implies a lack of trust- not the way to begin a healthy marriage as far as I’m concerned.

Jordan M
Not at all. It's protection for the assets that were acquired prior to the marriage and could be protection for both within the marriage. If you had assets before you came into a marriage won't you want that protected if your marriage fails (and that could happen...just look at the statistics.)

Friend b
Rating
nope, not at all!!

Heisenberg
no

I would enpect to sign a prenup for her and I would expect her to sign one for me.

and if she had a problem with it, then I'd know that she isnt a good match for me.

domo79
Not at all.....& if you notice it is always the women who say yes.....goldiggers!!!! 100% because if its not your money why should you care if that person is trying to protect their assests.....If you are gonna be married "forever" which is rare these days then the money is both of yours anyway so what diff. does it make????? Unless you care about $ that is not yours to begin with???????

Everybody's Favorite
Rating
(I'm a woman.)

No. I would want him to do the same. Marriage is a business arrangement, only with emotions involved.

Jennifer24
yes

bonafyde_cutie
No, not one bit. I would just put myself in his shoes, because I would do the same thing and have him sign one. :-)

vis
Rating
no.. if i ever get married i will ask my partner to sign one.. that is unless i have nothing to lose when we marry..but i am currently looking to buy a house.. so i will be asking for one

Aziza70
Rating
No. My husband and I signed a prenup before we got married. He asked and I said yes. I look at it as protecting myself and my investments.

Stacy C
Yes. It's not like we're outrageously wealthy at this point in our lives anyways lol. I'd be like, "Fine, you can keep the futon." Haha <3

Shana
It depends. Someone who has a significant inheritance or property that needs to be protected for their children - then no, it shouldn't be an insult.

But if it's just because the person wanting the pre-nup doesn't trust the other individual then, yes, it's an insult and they shouldn't get married if there's a trust-issue involved.

Ann B
Rating
Yes. If you don't trust me enough, why are you marrying me?

Crystal LeeAnn
Depends. I would have to read it first. The "prenup's" can go both ways to protect you as well as him. If it says you are not to do something, then, it needs to say the same for him. If there is nothing in there to protect you, I would slap him in the face with it.

Goldenrain
Yes.

Tera
yes

rachfig93
Yes. It would make me feel like he's already planning on divorcing me and that he doesn't trust me to love him and not his money.

eduardomchl
Rating
Nope.

Angie29
The important thing to remember is prenups go both ways. So yes, it might be upsetting for your partner to ask you to sign one, but if you do, there's no reason you can't stick something in there protecting your property and ask your partner to sign off on that as well.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy