Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Marriage & Divorce
Legal Discussion Forum

Should I give my husband a second chance?
Last year I found out my husband gave me an STD, thank God it was curable. Not only that I got really sick where I had to have surgery the day before Thanksgiving. When I left the hospital to go home ...

What does your spouse do that drives you insane?
Mine is such a *** sometimes. He goes to bed and then calls down to me that he wants a snack. Why the hell couldn't he get it before he gets in bed! Does my getting it make it taste better? <...

Ladies do you break wind in front of your man?
i always have done....don't see why not because he does.
Plus mine are louder and he hates that....

What can I do to change my son's mind?
My son is getting married. Their children will be less than perfect and for several generations my family has been marrying in order to produce better children. I am 6 foot 9 and my IQ is 162. My ...

My best friend is pregnant with my husband's son....?
I can't believe her...
I saw them doing it..
and it ruined my eyesight/life completly.
and also my other friend,Minette is also supporting
their cheating bastardiness ...

Do you feel not being loved enough?

Husbands say's i'm a nymphomaniac?
Granted I demand sex daily from my husband, he provides it and does a wonderful job, is there something wrong with me to want it everyday....

What would be a good way to get my ex-wife to quit calling me? i ve tried ignoring her calls?
i ve ignored her calls, answered and hung up on her. seems like anytime i talk to her, it encourages her more, so i dont, but she keeps calling....

Ok tell me what you think!! Honestly.....?
I posted a little bit ago about a romantic night with my hubby!! so heres what I've come up with!! I wont tell him what im planning! Get my mom to watch my daughter! I'll have a bustier/ ...

Why do I miss her so much????
okay I broke up with my girl last month because she lied to me and I caught her cheating on me with other people and one of those people was my best friend!!!!! but for some reason I MISS HER SO MUCH...

Whats the best piece of relationship advice you have ever gotten?

Are there any wives here who would secretly be relieved if hubby got a mistress?
Let's say you've been married awhile, sex has gotten boring, you're never in the mood. Husband is grumpy and has given up nagging you for sex because it never succeeds. Everybody'...

Married couples. Should my baby daugther at 13 yrs have her own private bed room??
I have 3 kiddos 6b,10b,13g they all sleep in the same bed room. T...

Am i overreacting, or should i leave my husband?
my husband bought a motorcycle with some of our wedding money. i didnt really want him to, but gave in. this was in september 2007. now, every minute there is not a drop of rain on the ground, hes ...

Why can I not give my wife the answer of why I cheated on her?
I had a six month relationship with a women at work and eventually sleeping with her. My wife knows and she wants to know why I did it so that we can fix it and move forward. I dont know the answer ...

He Says he will kill himself if i leave him?
I've been with my boyfriend for years now and recently hes changed so much started doing drugs and drinking, Hes also started forgetting me a lot and hanging out with friends then telling me he ...

Would you leave your wife or husband for money?

Question for married couples, if this applies to you ?
If your dog was in the room when you're about to make love with your wife or husband, would you throw the dog out of the room? Cause my wife is like "not in front of the dog!!" so I ...

Which one of us is wrong?
before me and my husband got married, he told me he didnt want to be with me, later i found out i was pregnant, then he wanted to marry me, well between the time we wasnt together i messed around ...

My best freind told me that if I know her husband is cheating, don't tell her. Please explain.?
We were running together and she says that If I know or see her husband cheating, don't tell her. She also told him not to confess and don't make it obvious, just say that he is playing ...

Ura Simpleton just got owned
Can my Girlfriend take my kid's from me if i'm not married to her?
Me and my Girlfriend are splitting up and she is planning to move across the US from Texas to Oregon against my telling her not to, to live with her parents. I been with her for 8 years and he have 2 kid's oldest is 2yo. We are not married. We live in Texas.

Do I have any rights to keep her from taking my kid's from me? They have my name on the birth certificate as father. I don't know what i'd do without my kids, Someone please help me.
Additional Details
Sorry forgot to say, I know i should be married to her and she we where planning to but I am glad we did not, because i only want to marry a woman who i can never split up with, someone to spend my life with and raise kids and would never want to spend my life with a woman who can do this to me and her kids . I know i tried to be carefull about who i get pregnate which is why i been with her for 8 years and just got her pregnate 2 years ago, I feel deceived. She cried(literaly) to me to get her pregnate because she wanted to have my kids so badly I figured she would never try to take them from me.(we where in love)
I stayed up all night long till the sun came up arguing about this with her, tryin to convince her to just let us be a family. AFter all night of that I learned that maybe she is not for me after all, but then i cant bear to loose my kids. I work and live just for them, she has not finished school and has no job, I make all the money. can this help?

Show all answers
Post your answer

heart o&#39; gold
Rating
This is a good question for a family practice attorney in your area.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

PEACHES & CREAM
Rating
9 times out of 10 the kids go wherever the mother goes unless she's found "unstable". IDK, you need some legal advice from an expert quick

Team Edward AND Team Jacob
Rating
Well yes she can but you should go to court to figure out ways that you both can see them. Now in my opinion i think having divorced parents sucks. I have grown up having to go from my moms to my dads every week and it really sucked. I just want you to make sure that you also think about what is best for your kids and not just what you or your girlfriend want.

LoCa
Yes you have rights but I'm not sure you can take them away from their mother. If the mother can be trusted with the kids she might keep them, sorry... but you should give it a try in court anyway. You never know what could happen.

babies4life
You must get a lawyer and take her to court to ensure that you have visitation if not complete custody of them.

If she does take them away after custody has been established, you might be able to get her arrested for kidnapping. If worse comes to worse, get the cops to 'check her out' for something just to stall for time.

You might want to move to Oregon yourself to be near them whichever way it goes. I wish I could tell you more! Best wishes.

Sparkling Daybreak
Rating
I would contact a lawyer! Some states would consider that to be child abduction - to take a child out of the state without it being worked out in court first.
Even though you are not married you as a parent still have a say so when it comes to the children. So again, I would contact the lawyer and file for custody or joint custody of the children, this will allow the courts decision to supersede hers and they often mandate that the person trying to leave the State must then leave the children with the other parent if they are fit.

Good luck!

Ginger
I would go to a lawyer immediately. You need to draw up a custody agreement. Most states have a way for even a non-custodial parent to prevent the custodial parent from leaving the state with the kids without permission.

Joy H
Rating
You have rights as their biological father. You need to see an attorney - you can stop her from moving and taking the children, as long as it's not service related. You need to act fast.

crazy_redheaded_woman
She sure can! And be prepared to pay!

♥ Trixie ♥
yes she can - if custody has not been established, you both have the right to take them anywhere. you need to go to court and file for custody and child support. Trust me, if you don't, she will.

Jennifer M
Rating
so, you have kids together, but you aren't married? Hopefully I'm getting this right...
Yes she can take them.
IF, she is there step-mom,
then No.

midnitedeva
Rating
I'm a single mother and from what I've learned from the system (pending on the stat you live in)is that no, you can not make her stay in Texas(your not her father). You can go to court and see if you can get custody, but you have to prove she is a bad mother first which is hard to do, Or you can be the man it sounds like you trying to be and move to Oregon to be near your kidds. Because even if she thinks she can she can't stop you from seeing your kids. Or you better get a really good job and start flying back and forth as much as you can, but keep this in mind, I know in my state if your issued child support (so get ready for that if she isn't a reasonable person) or haven't seen the child within the year you will lose your partal cusody of the kids.

momof2rockers
Rating
You need to see a lawyer right away and file something immediately to keep her from removing them from the county you live in. Also ask for visitation or shared parenting. I do know that the person who files first is usually given temporary custody until a formal hearing is set.

Blythe
Rating
go to your court and ask for help. if your on the birth cert there should be something you can do. but im not sure since you werent married. it will be best to ask the court system.

hotmoma
Rating
You have to take her to court. I would suggest that you require in the court order that she is prohibited to move or go out of state without your permission. I would also suggest hiring an attorney. She will more than likely want some sort of child support so if you are giving her $ now I would suggest giving it to her by check or money order. If you are buying the kids clothes. pampers, milk etc. keep the receipts to show the judge you are doing the correct thing and caring for your children.

Vyctym
You have obviously never been to family court. Where the current law is concerned, a woman has waaaaaaaaaaay more rights than any man does, especially where it concerns the children.

Be assured that the courts will take your children from you based solely on her filed allegations (if it comes to that). No proof necessary.

I suggest you get an attorney IMMEDIATELY and safeguard your relationship with your children. For she will fug you.

I did not listen to others and now I don't get to see my kids much anymore. I am being forced to watch as others have waaaaay more time with them to influence my children with their own base values and poor behaviors. It is heartbreaking and I would spare you this.

Protect yourself!

JennyC
I would contact a lawyer to prevent her from taking them away.

CHILD CUSTODY
Child custody is a legal arrangement between a parent and child, involving the child’s welfare and primary care, in light of a separation or divorce. Child custody often involves the child being with one parent more than the other, and can be one of the most emotional and delicate issues in a separation or divorce. Even if parents have joint custody of a child, sharing responsibilities and duties, the child will often live with one parent and visit with another or live with each parent on an alternate basis. In cases of sole custody, a child lives with one parent with visitation rights from the other. Both parties should keep in mind that the ''best interests'' of their child should be the main objective, while negotiating custodial rights. An experienced family law attorney can help keep your child’s best interests aligned in your case, taking both parties into consideration.

paganmom
You need to take her to court and discuss it with them. Most of the time they will side with the mother, but there are exceptions.

Good luck!

Landen 5/3/06 Lane coming 6/1/09
No you have just as much rights to your children as she does get a lawyer!! She can't just up and leave you can get them!

Maid of Constant Sorrow
Rating
Yes, you have just as much right to the kids as she does. Trust me, I went through the same exact situation with my bf. I left him with our daughter and moved from our home in CA to IL. He sued me for custody of her and I was ordered to return her to CA. We went to court and now we have joint custody. The fact that the kids are a little older (my daughter was only 6 months) will help too, as I am sure they have developed a bond with you. That's important. Just make sure you get a lawyer. You can even get an order from the courts saying that she cannot leave the state with the children until there has been a trial set and permission has been granted (if that is how it turns out). I would recommend that you talk to a lawyer ASAP and hopefully they can help you file the order so she cannot leave. If you can't file that order, just get a lawyer as soon as you can and he/she can help you get your kids back. They belong to BOTH of you. She has no right to do that. Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

Vegas
Of course you have a way, go to your local courthouse and file a custody petition. You can ask to have the court bar her from leaving the state, and maybe even the county, but you have to be retroactive, and get out there and do something. You as a father have rights as well, just be prepared sometimes the courts favor the mother, but hang in there.

ME
Rating
Lots of advice to choose from. First, so long as both parents are fit then i believe children need both sets of parents. With that being said you need to go down to your local court house and file a temporary custody order. the least that that will do is hold her in TX while you retain an attorney. IF you cant afford one out right check the local law university for ones that do pro-bono(spelling??) You should make sure all your ducks are in a row, retained child safe residence, stable job, suitable transportation, health insurance. The more you have the easier it will be for the courts to rule in your favor, woman state or not. I truly feel bad for you there are so many men out there that knock women up and leave them and here is a man who actually wants to PARENT props and respect to you. Stay active in their lives, buy their things and keep records, even if its not mandated. It shows ultimate responsibility. Good Luck to you.

cidermoo
I'm afraid she has more rights just because she is their mother, unless she is an unfit parent, but you would have to go through the courts to get custody of them.

L.A. H
Rating
Yes, you DO have rights! Especially if the children share your last name and that name is on the birth certificate. You are entitled to a custody hearing and you can sue for custody. She may not be able to leave the state with the kids without your consent. Talk to a lawyer immediately.

I love his tractor!!
Rating
I would contact a family affairs lawyer...because i dont believe she can do that as long as you have been taking advantage of visitation there are some lawyers you can use pro-bona too so its not so expensive

Heather S
Rating
Each state has different laws about this, but I'd be willing to bet that she can go where she wants with them. you'll be granted visitation if you go to court. Check with an attorney before she leaves.

Mum of 2
Rating
Seek legal advice before it's too late.
Good Luck

oh hot DAMN &lt;3 !
Rating
just because you're not married to her doesn't mean she has the right to take your kids from you.

it depends on who's more fit to be a parent .

celticagent
You need an attorney. Call the local bar. If you can't afford one, you can most likely get one for free.

Rondo&#39;s #1 Fan
Rating
Yes if you are the biological father of course you have rights. You can take her to court and try to gain custody.

Taunte Rez
I hear it is very difficult for a father to get absolute full custody. unless she is a complete horrible mother , the most you can get is 50/50

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy