Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

If i have an hour lunch break am i still entitled to 2 10 min breaks?
So today at work i asked my boss if i could have a quick break. She said I was not entitled to breaks because we have hour long lunch breaks. Is there any truth to that, if so where can i verify it? I...

Why do some states in the U.S pay less than others and its the same job?

Which job is better, lawyer or stockbroker?

Becoming a lawyer?
I am 33 years old. I am thinking about becoming a lawyer. I am too old to become a lawyer? What type of college degree that I need to become a lawyer? How can I get experience in the law field?...

Can I claim loss on company?
Hello Friends,
Please help me out. I'm in dilemma.
I'm a Masters' student in New Jersey, USA. I have joined IT consultancy for my internship. They agreed on getting a job ...

Caught ShopLifting At 15,Will This Affect My Career Options At 15?
I was caught sholifting with my friends at the age of 15, i was chraged and sent a warning letter but that was all, i didnt get a fine or a visit or anything, the warning is hidden from my record ...

I have been back at work for 6 months(5 month off with heart failure. They now say i cant go for promotion?
i now want to go for a management position but they say because of my absence i wont be able to. My CV in retail is second to none, could anybody point me in the right ...

10 Points!! Am I allowed to quit my job Under Texas Labor Laws??
I just received a job working at a news office as a Sales Intern, I needed a job so I took it. They sent out an e-mail stating they were very eager to have me on board as the very first sales intern ...

Is it true that if you have ever got a ticket, you can't have a career in anything that has to do with law or
Medicine.

Can anyone please clarify this for me and tell me exactly what they mean by this.

Thanks,...

How to handle this kind of situation?
this girl at work keeps bugging me. recently I found out that she was a lesbian. I'm not a homphobe or anything i just feel really freaked out right now because I dunno what to do and I really ...

Any lawyers or law students on here? Or anyone willing to answer my question?
To make a long story short...I opened a 1 liter bottle of coke last week. It said Twist and text to win-I twisted and then texted the code on the cap to a # provided. It said "You won a Ford H...

Question about working, not sure how to phrase it?
So, I'm a minor, but I've got my GED, which means I'm not going to school anymore. Now, I know that during the summer minors can be worked for more than the 23 hours that they're ...

If you get fired from a job can you collect your pay check then or do you have to wait till the normal pay day
I heard through the grapevine that I may be getting let go from the job that I am currently on because I was out 2 days with strep throat. I was curious if they do end up letting me go can I collect ...

Short on Pay - what to do?
My company are in trouble. I only picked up 35% of my basic wage, and have been promised the rest will be spread over the month. I am still waiting for 30% from October.

I have started ...

Im on job seekers allowance.If I visit family in usa for 3 months,would I be entitled to any type of benefits?

Lawyer wanted I applied to circle K for a job, then worker said they would not hire me cause of my beard ???
lawyer wanted I applied to circle K for a job, then worker said they would not hire me cause of my beard, I heard this was illegale ,,so I am looking for a lawyer in oxnard California to take my case ...

Could someone please help my debate answer out?
We were debating weather a 16 year old could be put into prision for getting an ungeraged girl pregnant when it was consential sex?
I said no they wont if it was consential.
But she said he ...

Who can refer me a legal online job that need not to pay something?

My husband job is telling him to apply for family medical leave act?
He applied for workers comp on his own he has a case number and everything. The job told him that they will send papers for Family medical leave act. Is that the procedure? They still didn' t ...

Burnt eyes welding at work worked 14 hrs now they sayin they writing me up is that legal?

Additional Details
was wearing all protctive gear safty glasses sheild all of it always ...

<3456. :)
Working on sundays, do you have to get paid time and a half?
i have just started working on sundays and a friend told me they got time and a half for every hour they got paid.
is this the same for all legal places in austalia?
does your employer have to pay you time and a half?

please help !

Show all answers
Post your answer

kenbgray
Rating
Yes they have to pay you time and a half on sundays and holidays.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

stargaz3r91
Rating
i get paid slightly more than time and a half
check with your boss/manager or even another employee

sonny6669
depends on your work agreement or place of employment, only way to find out is ask, and if you don't want to ask the boss, ask someone else who has worked there a while. it is only a natural question.

where i worked yes saterdays were always time and a half, and public holidays double time.

but i know on a salary wage (paid on a yearly amount, but can be paid weekly, monthly or yearly) don't usually get time and a half or even over time.

rah .
I work as a waitress in Australia and I get paid the same amount no matter what day I work.

ronimg
Rating
Depends on the labor laws in your area. In Texas, you must work a total of 40 hours within 1 work week before you get time + one-half. The employer usually determine what the work week is (Sun-Sat or Weds-Tues, etc.) There are also some fields that do not qualify for this type of compensation and their time get calculated for a 2 week periods (nurses are part of this category).

Rowan
Rating
No. Depends on the contract you signed.

shirley
Rating
depends on award you belong to, my staff (casuals) get paid time and 1/2 on saturdays and double on Sundays triple on public holidays. My full time staff and including me as manager get paid salary therefore do not get paid for public holidays/ or weekend rates, ask you boss he/she will gladly explain your pay rates

cimex
Rating
No employment contracts may vary. but there is no law requiring an employer to pay an employee a different rate for working Sundays or other Holidays as compared with what a worker on same wage gets paid for working a normal Monday to Friday. However an employer may insert into an employment contract different rates of pay, perhaps as a result of Union negotiations, or perhaps because the employer needs to offer more just to persuade less willing personnel to come into work on that day of the week they like being at home with their family on?

The issue of working night shifts is similar. There is no legal entitlement for any worker to be paid more per hour for working a night shift than working the same number of hours during a day shift.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy