Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

I want to be a police officer when I turn 21. Is it worth it?
I am 19 years old now. I have two more years before I can apply for the job. I know that everyone keeps saying that it doesn't pay well, but is it enough to enjoy lifes pleasures? I would like ...

It is a proper way, ask to a previous employer to hire you back?
I left the doors open more then five years ago, how may approach them any tips?...

Is this job real or scam? how can I tell?
People from foreign company say they need to cash their money from U.S. They send emails that they will send check and say that I get to keep 10% of that check and forward the rest. These kind of ...

What is a SAS legal-sized envelope?

When potential employers do a background check on you....?
Do they really see ALL of the places you worked or just some.Also,what can hinder you from getting a job because of your background check (excluding felonies/criminal background)?...

Can you get fired from your job for going into substance abuse rehab?
My husband just went into substance abuse rehab. When told his boss he was admitting himself in the next day, they fired him. They have known that he has been fighting this addiction for awhile and ...

Legal question for the state of w.va on this problem?
i need advise on this state . west virginia. if a woman married .with children. and husband who is in her.40.s starts well fooling around in the home sex wise with a.19. year old can the.19. year ...

By law does employer have to keep health ins.onworkerafter gon?
by law when employee quits or gets fired does the company have to keep health insurance on them for a short amount of time?...

Background Check Question?
I am on felony probation until 4.20.09 and i am in the process of finding another job. most jobs these days do have background checks. i know i have a stay of adjudication meaning that as long as i ...

Are there any downsides to being a Corrections Officer?
It seems to me like the pay is great, you can easily make 80k or so after a few years and with some overtime. No college necessary, easy/mindless job, forced to stay in good shape..... Sure there'...

My boss is unfair to me!?
I work in day care and i love it but when it comes to my boss i think shes very unfair to some of the other employees and myself for that matter. She will put up our schedualed hrs day by day not ...

Record of Employment Concern????
I gave a two weeks notice to my current employer of quitting my job and today the VP dismissed me saying that I wasn't productive, and I would still technically have 2 more days to work, but in ...

My new employer is holding my 1st check 2 weeks. Paid every week though? Is this legal?
Started new job on april 8. Worked 52 hours 1st week. No check that week, no biggie, this week, work 54 hours, and am told that even though we are paid weekly, employer holds 2 paychecks back. Is ...

How do I qualify as a legal executive?
At the moment I am a non-law graduate, but I will be studying a CPE in september. Where do I go after this. I've looked at a chart on the ILEX website, but I cant really make any sense of it.<...

Is it true that after 7 years, you are no longer required to put info regarding a felony on a job application?

If you are terminated or quit your job and the employer deducts for vacation etc can they take the whole check

Work issue! Help!?
My dept at work is treated unfairly and not getting the madatory breaks we are supposed to get. After being yelled at for going to the bathroom, I called in a complaint to the headquarters. My co-...

Should I go to law school? For paralegals and lawyers to respond.?
My situation: I have an AA degree, a B.S. Degree and a Paralegal Certificate. I recently finished a 15 month paralegal program and just started a job as a legal assistant. I have registered with ...

I have a legal question, please help!?
A company is based in America and has jurisdiction regarding a particular product in America. So can it send a cease and desist letter to someone in the UK for violating the copyrights of its product?...

Can a person with a criminal record practice "X-Ray Tech."?
Where can I find a professional answer to this question,& others like it ?...

Down Under Guy
Why do employment ask whether they may contact previous employers?
How do they respond if you say 'yes' or 'no'?
(do they disregard applicants or ask in cases where the answer is 'no'? / do they usually contact past employers? / what if you were a whistle blower and your past boss is angry and he is the one they would have to call?)
Additional Details
A responder spoke of requesting an interview so that the situation can be explained.

That is ideal but I don't know whether it will work as planned when they have thousands of applicants - many of whom also want interviews. I already request an interview. They (not me) make the decision who they will devote time for interviews. Calls to past employers or decisions whether someone with 'NO' responses should be scrapped might be made prior to determining whether they even want an interview with me.

Is this respondent suggesting that I make a special note for them to (in)formally seek an explanation? If so, how should it be presented? How should it read?

It's one thing to have documents that prove that I had unearthed something wrong within the company and another to get people to care to listen rather than just go with what a powerful, wealthy company that many people not following the news closely trust.

The whole point is to get an interview.

Show all answers
Post your answer

gpstancil
Rating
Just say yes, most of the time they only want to know these three things dates you were employed, your job description or employment capacity and your salary information. Other things are strictly confidential and prohibited.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

moanalua pride!
they ask because they want to know if you had any problems at your old job or if your old boss thought you were a good worker or not.

they will most likely not take you if you do not let them contact your previous employers.

If your old boss is angry at you and he was the one to call then he might/ might not say good/bad things about you... it depends on the type of person they are.

marie massacre
Rating
well you might say no if that buisness no longer exists or they died or your past boss left the company. i got fired from one job so on my application i said no. you cant really get penalized for it, because if its not a huge major job then they usually dont check all of your previous employers anyways

Josh S
Rating
If you were going to hire someone, and you asked them the same question and they answered no, what would you do? Those questions are there to help the management know your past accomplishments or failures, and if you falsify that evidence and they find out about it, it's "bad bombin", so to say.

I would always request an interview at management's convenience so you can explain to them why you could or couldn't have them call a previous employer. And by asking for an interview, you are showing them that you mean business, and that you are genuinely interested in the position that's offered.

cthy_bahr1
Rating
Probably to ask about your work record. Did you show up to work on time every day? Did you have to many days that you called in "sick"? Did you do your work correctly and on time? Did you get along with your fellow employees and work-mates? These may be some of the questions that employers would ask if contacting your previous employers. Also, they may want to know if you had quit your job or had been fired.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, August 30, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy