Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

What steps does it take to be a police officer?
i want to become a police officer

How can my Mother regain or better her position at Macy's, or at least see more hours?
My mother has worked at Macy's for about 30 years now. In the past she had been offered a full time position, however because she was busy raising 3 children she stayed at part time. In the past ...

Legal Question about my rights online?
I used to belong to a parenting site of which I also wrote advice articles. I am no longer on this site and would like to know what rights I have to ask for my articles to be removed. This is what is ...

Does anybody work for NCIS ( not the television show, but in real life) What is the job like?

What is Federal law (42 USC 4012a,Sec102e) ?
I know is some kind of insurance required by the terms of my mortgage and/or federal law. Why do i need this insurance? Give me more information about the federal law (42 USC 4012a,Sec102e)....

Can this even be legal?
my husband gets paid every friday. the factory he works at closed last week and they will be closed again next week. anyway, he should have gotten paid on 11/14/08 for the week before. when he ...

Legal Question!!! Can best buy do this?
I took my laptop into best buy (where i had purchased it) to get repaired. My hinges for my screen were cracked and two keys broke off. I am covered under their warranty plan for each of the ...

Can i do anything if a job refuses to hire me because another employee doesnt like me?
Heres the rub, ihave been trying to get a job at Taco Bellever since i lost my other job at Jack in the Box. But when i finaly got an answer and it was a straight no. So i had one of my friends tht ...

What do you recommend?
I worked at my uncle's business for 10 yrs...we had a disagreement...so i left him from one day to the next to a competitor's business...rude i know..but it had to be done. Now that I'...

Military law&order/JAG?
I bought a car from crawford auto.
i still dont have my plates after 3 1/2 months, AND their charging me monthly payments twice a month, without ever consulting me about that.
so im ...

Can my parents legally force me to quit my job?
I am 16 years old and living in Ontario Canada. My mom told me that i have to resign from my job. Do I legally have to quit it? Also, if it is illegal and i don't have to quit my job, can they ...

Illegitamately fired from federal position?
I worked for the federal government as an analyst, and was recently fired. Their reasoning for firing me was that I allegedly minimially met my job core elements, and that they could no longer afford ...

Can I negotiate a job offer once I have accepted the preliminary offer?
I applied for a job and got a call back from the hr department telling me they were very interested in me. They made a job offer over the phone that included a basic starting range for the position ...

Help with a private landlord query (legal - UK)?
Hi

I've lived at my property for over two years and am now on a rolling month contract. A couple of months ago I decided to pay my rent until January so I didn't have to worry ...

What are the EEO Guidelines for Applicant Tracking? What do we need to do as an employer?
I am questioning my employers method of tracking resumes. I guess I'll start from the beginning.

Every time we begin to hire for a new position we post to a few different job websites....

Is it unfair dismissal when u have been done for something that every one else does and they ant been done 4?
im getting sacked 4 using the works phone 4 personal calls but every one else does this and nothings been said t them
Additional Details
all they have to do is check every other 1s phone ...

How does legal transcription compare to medical transcription?
as a job. I am already a medical transcriptionist but am wondering if I might make more doing legal. How do they compare in terms of skills, training, pay, etc.
Additional Details
And ...

Legal Employment Age Australia?
What is the legal employment age for children in Queensland, Australia?...

Is it legal for my mother to forbid me to attend my job?
I'm 17 years old, and my mom is mad at me so she says that she called my work and told them I wouldn't be coming in this week. There's no reason why I wouldn't be able to go there,...

Law school in the US from New Zealand? ?
Law school in the US from New Zealand?
How do I go about getting into one?

I'm keen to look at all possibilities not just the top 14.

Also my cousin got a scholarship ...

Wyatt
Where can you get a job at age 14 in California?
Do not tell me I can't, because I can.
I'm not interested in lawn mowing, around the house work, babysitting, dog walking etc.
Most people say they can work at Magic Mountain. Is their anything else?

Show all answers
Post your answer

danielpattiz
don't listen to that other poster. you can get a job at 13, you have to get a permit, and you can't work on weekdays, and its gonna be tough to find a job but you can do it. i suggest going through your school, like my school has a "workability" program where they get you small time jobs

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

☆~Sunshine~☆
Guess what kid.. All the stuff you listed is all the stuff that you are able to do at 14.. anything else is ILLEGAL until your 15 and can get a work permit.. So stop acting like your better than anyone else and go out and mow some laws!

hazel.93@sbcglobal.net
Rating
U can't you have to be 16 to work and with a work permit if you are a High School student.

It sucks out there for a kid who wants to work. Know any family who owns a store or a company? Can get experience that way, and make some dough.

Lady Tifferz
Sorry, you can't. It's againt the law. Since you're under 15 (16 is most states), working is considered child labor. If you want, volunteer somewhere, or babysit until you're old enough to obtain a work permit.

garykung
Those jobs you are not interested in fact are your best options.

As other suggested, employers usually will not hire underage due to its restriction. Furthermore, it is not illegal to discrimination an underage by his/her age (The federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, only protects employees over 40 years old.).

Furthermore, it requires knowledges to work on a job. So they usually choose someone who has almost graduated from high school.

The most important is you will need a work permit from your high school. Working in Magic Mountain will definitely minimize your chance getting the permit approved.

Nicky
I'm pretty sure you can work some places at 14. But why would you want to get a job? Enjoy your childhood! But if you can't find somewhere, try going to your library. I'm sure someone there can help you find something online. Your best bet would be to go into businesses and ask. But seriously, try to just enjoy your childhood. Enjoy what you have. You won't be able to relax and enjoy doing nothing when you are older.

michr
Rating
the legal age to be gainfully employed is 14.......
not 15 or 16 and definitely not 13.
in california it is legal to work in just about all the same jobs as someone 16 or 17, just less hours a day and a week.

many employers just won't hire those under 16 because of the limits that are placed on the hours that those under 16 can work.other employers do not hire minors your age due to bad experiences with employees that are young. so you must be able to show through your words and actions that you are:
dependable, punctual, hard working, a team player, trainable and coach-able. you must prove that you are not like many your age who apply for a job but who don't really want to work for it......

your best opportunity is fast-food and grocery stores, they are willing to train and find it easier to provide hours that fall within the required parameters of child labor laws.

for info about hours you can work, work permits, hours per week etcetera go to:
http://www.youthrules.dol.gov
US Department of Labor
YouthRules!
OR
http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSE/childLaborPamphlet2000.html
State of California
Department of Industrial Relations
Division of Labor Standards Enforcement

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, August 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy