Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

How do you formally ask you boss to hire more people?

What are an employee's rights in a non-union situation?
As a non-unioned employee do I have any expectation of rights or fair treatment (aside from flat out abuse or discrimination)?? Or can a company terminate employment at their whim or move your job ...

I worked part time at a restaurant and they didn't have clock-in and outs. Is that legal?
They paid us hourly, but every day we would work 1 hour beyond the hour for when they pay us. We had the obligation to stay there but weren't getting paid. Do we have the rights to ask for the ...

What right do I have against a former employer?
I was working for a company for 5 years.Last August the fired me.But they gave me the choice of either being fored or to resign.I chose to resign as I didnt want a firing on my record.Since this time ...

How long does it takes to become a paralegal?Thanx?
if it helps I lives in Philadelphia,PA...

I am looking to do some freelance paralegal work on the side. Anyone know how to get started in this business?
I have a paralegal certificate and have been working as a legal assistant for a law firm for 2 years. I would like to make some extra money on the side by doing freelance paralegal work (helping ...

What is the bare legal minimum to become an attorney?
is law school required? how many years? Is any-1 allowed into a low level law school?...

Salary and Overtime?
I was recently hired as an Administrative Assistant. During the interview I was asked what type of salary I was hoping for. We agreed on $15.00 an hour. It was mentioned that the work day will be 9 ...

Can I legally apply for a job candidate's references before sending the contract?
I am recruiting/employing someone for the first time. The candidate I interviewed has agreed the job offer in principle but not signed a contract....

Where can i get a good lawyer to go up against Wal-mart for a worker's comp case one with gust!?

Security guards wages getting deducted because someone got away with stuff?
My brother works for a security company, wich lidl (Northern Ireland) use, and yesterday people came into his store and stole £300+ of home cctv equipment, and he ran after them into a local estate, ...

What does it mean to wave my right to claim ?
in accodance with the working time regulation 1998 you waive your right to claim that the maximum average working time under the regulations of 48 hours in each seven day ...

Can anyone tell me what in case law an important source of law?

I have a felony conviction?
I am in the IT FIELD THAT IS A BANK...

I feel as though I have been passed over a promotion because of race. What should I do??
I have worked for the company more than twice as long as this guy. I have actually filled in at this position when needed already, he has not. When I have filled in I have been told I did an ...

What is the nature of Job for a Secretary?
Plz help me....

I m doing B.A.LL.B. and also applied for company secretary course(not resgular);should i go for mba or others?
tell me about the career of law student in mba; or any other better option..........
Additional Details
tell me about the career of law student (after law) in mba; or any other better ...

I was sacked from my job 7 years ago. if my current boss finds out, can i be sacked?

Will theft at a job 2yrs. ago affect getting a job now? Even though i had a job previously?

Whats the difference between background checks and personnel screenings?
trying to find a job? one says extensive personnel screening......

Joshua
What does a lawyer do when they know their client is obviously guilty?

Additional Details
I am not a criminal. I want to be a lawyer.

Show all answers
Post your answer

jackie m
Rating
They do everything they can do to convince the jury that you are not guilty - they don't care if you are guilty they only want the money for doing the job. Obviously if you have committed deliberate murder then they may advise you to plead a lesser cause, knowing that there is too much evidence against you,

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

stephen t
First, if you have a real criminal problem consult with a qualified criminal attorney in your state, do not rely on this post. If a lawyer knows a client is guilty, he or she cannot put them on the stand and allow them to claim they did not do the crime, so they should not put them on the stand because they will be asked by the prosecution if they did it, that would be perjury and the lawyer would be contributing to that perjury and could get in big trouble, at the same time a lawyer cannot break the attorney/client priviledge or again attorney in big trouble, if a client who has told his lawyer he or she is guilty and insists on testifying, remember a criminal defendant does not have to take the stand and cannot be asked questions by prosecutor, if they do take the stand they get to say their piece and look at the jury and say I did not kill so and so but when they take the stand they the are subject to the prosecution hammering away at them with questions on cross examination, big risk. So if a lawyer is told his client is guilty by client he can use a ton of defenses, self defense, entrapment, suppression of evidence, plea bargaining, prosecutor did not prove their case guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, lack of evidence, witnesses can be made to look like liars or biased, improper search, tampering of evidence, police corruption/conspiracy and so on. But if a client says he is guilty and wants to testify he or she did not do it the proper thing to do, lawyer must refuse to go forward and ask the judge to quit the case, without breaking attorney/client priviledge or hurting the clients case, a real ethical dilema. Now in real life does a client admit to an attorney and the attorney still puts them on the stand, yeah I am sure it happens. Also, a lawyer would require a blatant, yeah I killed so on so by the client to have the knowledge the client is guilty, a lawyer can think his client is guilty but that is way different than his client telling them he or she did it, a lawyer is not looking to find his client guilty and instead is required to use every legitimate tool, and their are a lot of them to get the best result for the client.
This is not legal advice, and should not be relied on as such. If you have a criminal legal problem consult with a criminal legal attorney in your state.

bikeman501
A lawyer works on many levels. First, the lawyer works to make sure that the client does not get railroaded. Guilty or not, everyone deserves a FAIR trial. Too often the public and the prosecutors ore overzealous in going after defendants. The criteria in the US is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The prosecution is required to prove that and the lawyer makes sure that they do that.

Second, if the lawyer knows that a person is guilty, the lawyer is still able to use various defenses. For example, if the person is guilty of killing someone, a defense is self-defense, that is, the person had to kill to save his own life.

Third, it may be in the person's best interest for the person to plea bargain. The court's like this because it reduces their workload and the guilty person likes it because they may get a lesser sentence. For example, if a person is accused of drug trafficking, and the lawyer knows that is what the person was doing, the lawyer can plea bargain for a lesser offense or a lesser sentence.

José, The Special One
Rating
Defend them using as many technicalities and/or lame excuses as possible. Try to plead that they were "temporarily insane", "provoked" or "had a bad mommy".

Best of luck.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.154
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, October 2, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy