Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

How do you explain why you left your job if you don't want to drag out old laundry?
I left my last job a year ago to get my Master's degree. I'll be applying for a new job soon. I'm going to be looking for a job in the same industry and city, and the work will be ...

Under 18 worked 7 hours...arnt i suppost to get a break?
isnt it illegal?
Additional Details
sry im 17 wisconsin work at stonefire pizza co. in high high school. this isnt he first time this has happend its happend mulitiple times. and i work ...

What else can I do with my law degree?
I am about to start my 3rd year as a law student and I want to know what other avenues I can pursue rather than legal field just so I am informed :)
I know about court clarks etc but any other ...

Contract of employment unsigned!?
I was given a contract at work to take home and sign a few months ago, but I just handed it back and they did not notice it was unsigned.
Lately the company has really been mucking me about and ...

Legal help or my rights ,if i can not cash my paycheck?
i live in va. i recieved my paycheck and i can not cash it with the bank my employer is banking nor can i cash it with wal mart or an institut that knwos about my emploer. what is my legal right??????...

Is a fax a legal document?
I signed an employment contract via fax, am I legally bound? I have decided not to take employment after signing the contract and wonder what the implications are? T...

I have given an employee notice . He states that he is entitled to pay to find a new job, is this correct.?
HE DOES NOT HAVE A CONTRACT AND HAS BEEN EMPLOYED WITH US FOR ONLY 18 MONTHS. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS....

Is it legal for my work to do this?
I work in an office of about 10 people and about half of us speak spanish. My boss has now prohibited us from speaking spanish because someone complained that they were offended. Does my work have ...

Is it a good idea to get a job resignation letter notarized?
Since my company is small and there is a chance my boss could try and fire me instead of accepting my resignation....

Have i the right to say no at work to an unreasonabel request?
i was told by my boss that himself and other managers had decided to move me into another department. i said no sorry im not as he didnt respect what i may think by not asking me would i help the ...

What happens if you get caught stealing at your job?
???...

Is it helping a kid to have his dad job hunt for him or will prospective employers be turned off by this. ?
He is almost 18. Is there a certain type of job this would be ok for?

Someone mentioned they wouldn't hire the kid if he didn't have the initiative to job hunt on his own. They ...

Can i be forced to work long hours.?
Hi, i work in retail as a warehouse manager. At our workplace we are always having visits from head office managers seeing how our store is perfoming. because of this myself and other managers are ...

Is my boss breaking the law?
I have worked at my job for 7 months. It is a very small company with only 5 employees. A couple weeks ago my boss told me that we get December 24th and 25th off work and December 31st and January 1...

Whats the difference between 1099 and 1050?

I think I'm about to fired, what should I do?

My husband has a chance for a job transfer to another state. Would I be able to collect unemployment?
If he takes this transfer to Colorado would I be able to collect unemployment while I search for a job when we get there?...

Is this a fraud?
i received a job email from jobstreet that is UK bound. i tried applying and after a few days i got an email informing me of being qualified. it's a job abroad for UK for office staff post.from ...

Is 40 realistically too old to enter law school?
I am thinking of a career change (I currently teach college English), and I am wondering if being 40 is really a good time to be changing careers. If law school takes 3 years, would I be a strong ...

Is it lawful for my boss to search my desk without my knowledge or consent?
As the title states, I am wondering if it is legal for a superior to search my desk for any reason without my consent [or knowledge].

Thanks!...

Island Girl
What do I wear to orientation and to sign contract papers after job offer with very formal company?
I just got a job offer and will have to go in to sign the papers and do a brief orientation on a Friday. The company has a very formal style but I am not sure if the same applies to this situation.

What should I wear?

Show all answers
Post your answer

LaGail R
Rating
Congrats & all that!. You do not have to be as formal but you may meet people that you will be working with so you can't go down too far. I don't know whether you know what "office casual" is but try a suit with a blouse with the collar open, heels, & accessories.You may elect to carry the jacket instead of actually wearing it. It is there for...just in case.

It is altogether appropriate to inquire as it makes them aware of your willingness to conform to the organizational culture and in your excitement it is understandable to have allowed the opportunity to ask about this before, to have slipped you mind.

I'm excited for you. Good Luck!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Inspector Clouseau
Wear business attire.

Longhorn Fan
I would say if you had a nice pants suit you could wear that would be appropriate. If not, I would wear a nice dress. I definitely wouldn't wear jeans or thick matrial pants. I would make sure they were dressy and a nice blouse. Good luck and congratulations on new job!

Cheryl C
Dress very formal and business like...just as if you were going to a normal work day at that company.

golferwhoworks
clothes would be a great option. Dress or Pant Suite

Starlight
Rating
Wear a skirt that comes at least 1 inch below the knees or longer. The top should have a modest neckline and either tuck in or come far enough below the waist that it does not show any skin when you sit down, bend over or raise your arms. A matching jacket would be nice if you have one. Flats or 1 to 2 inch heels, no higher. Keep make-up simple and daytime appropriate (no smokey eyes, etc.). It is far better to be a little overdressed than under-dressed. After the orientation, when you see what everyone else is wearing, you can adjust your daily dress accordingly. "Dress to impress."

Nick R
Rating
I think you should plan on wearing something similar to what you would wear to work on a daily basis with them.

kemperk
ASK them!!!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, September 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy