Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

What are the legal steps to do when your work place accused you of stealing or of something that you didnot do
suppose the owner of the restaurant that i work accused me stealing and saying that everybody told her that i did and when i confront them and they all ...

Legal Secretarial training info???
I'm hoping to become a legal secretary and am looking to do the ILEX Level 2 cert for Legal Secretaries.. I just wondered if anyone has done this and if it is a difficult course to pursue?? Or ...

Is this legal?
I may be in the wrong department, but I didn't know where else to ask this:

I have been employed with my current employer (which is a huge corporation) for 10 years now. Just the ...

Unemployment?
If you are fired for being late for work can you still collect unemployment? I have a friend who has a telephone appeal and needs to know what to say to win. He was late once due to a car accident, ...

Am entitled to my final six days of pay???
My contract reads...
"The employee shall cary out the duties assigned to him to the best of his ability on a full time basis. This Agreement and the Employee's employment may be ...

Finding a job with a misdemeanor unauthorized use of personal property conviction?
while working for the state of ohio i obtained an unauthorized use of personal property misdemeanor a year ago even though the infraction was in 2005. I was originally charged with a felony 5 but ...

I'm getting paid cash. Don't want that any more, please help!?
Yeah yeah, I'm from SOCAL, a citizen, american, whatever...
anyways.

There is 5 other employees there and I'm the only one he's paying cash.
I love my job and the ...

If you supervisor as much as told you that you would be walked out (fired) after you came to work what would o

People who have worked for Pre-Paid Legal Services?
I was wondering if any one here knows about the company Pre-Paid Legal Services I was approached by a coworker who gave me his card. I was wondering if any of you who have worked for the company and ...

How much holiday pay should i recieve?
Hi I work 4 days a week in a pub/resteraunt wed 6pm-10pm fri 10:30 - 6 sat 11-6 and sun 4-10 I recently booked just over 2 weeks holiday 9 days in total my hourly rate is £5.52 p/h. How much ...

I hate my job at the law firm please help?
so i started working at a law firm, and it's been a month now. started off fine, but after getting into the daily grind, things got UGLY in the office.

right now the dilemma is, i ...

Is this legal? Or Overstepping?
My moms neighbor's oldest son put my mom & dad as references for his student loans. The loan company has been calling my moms house for the past week trying to find the son (no onee has ...

Company car: Have been made redundant, how long can i keep it?
I have been made redundant and currently have a company car, how long can i legally keep it for before having to hand it back to my employer?...

Can an employer be sued for laying a worker off?
An uncle of mine has been working for a construction company here in Florida for 12 years. Back in May he along with 2 other employees were laid off because the employer said work was slowing down. ...

Need help with job rights/labor laws?
I am currently employed in a salary position. For over 4 years I have had the flexibility of choosing my work hours as well as my coworkers. I recently got a new supervisor and was informed by the ...

I am currently unemployed in Illinois-I was let go after one month...?
INot for poor performance- it was a team based environment & the team did not 100 % vote I stay.
Prior to that I was employed with an insurance company for 4 months. I had to quit becasue ...

Is there any legal action I can take?
I was recently laid off due to lack of work with about a dozen other people. At the seperation meeting I was told by the owner of the company that I would get a good reference unless I didn't ...

Will an interviewer find out you've had a job if you say no but you have?
I did have a job at a restaurant but was fired. I would like to work at subway but am worried they wont hire me because of that. Would it be better just to say I've never had a job? Is there any ...

Is the law on the side of disorder and criminality?

How much money do you think the U.S have?
$8.5 billion dollars seems like giving out $8.50 (pocket change) but the gov. is being stingy about helping out the economy.Whats up with that. What could we possibly lose, that we've already ...

a mom
Is it legal to fire someone on medical leave?
i have been out with breast cancer for four months and i got a letter saying i was approved for long term disability and two weeks later i got a letter in the mail saying i was terminated for my job of 29 years

Show all answers
Post your answer

Şmōķēŷ
Truthfully no you can not be fired that quick check out FMLA you can get the answers you are looking for from there.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

allardja
Yes and no. If you have a legitimate issue, then I don't believe they can let you go. However, there are some people who go out on disability, heal from the injury, and just "forget" to come back to work. They try to milk the system. It's hard to prove that they're healthy, but if you can, those people can be fired. I'm guessing that you should not have been fired. I would call HR or whoever approved your disability. Maybe it was a mistake?

ValerieSolanas
Rating
That's totally illegal. Contact your local Labor Department to discuss the FMLA laws and what your recourse would be.

corgi1922
It depends on the reason for termination. If you position was eliminated then yes it is legal. If you have exhausted your leave available at your job then it is legal (12 weeks FMLA). If it is retaliation or just because you are on leave then no.

Just because you were approved for LTD does not mean your job is guaranteed as well. I wish you the best of luck but can't give you more advise without additional information.

Squat1
When you were approved for Long Term Disability which is paid by a third party your employment was terminated from the Company. Your Long-Term Disability will continue. Check your summary plan description for your Long Term Disability Insurance. Perfectly legal.

Reason for termination: Expiration of Medical Leave of Absence

Charis P
For covered employers, the Family Medical Leave Act allows an eligible employee up to a total of 12 work weeks of unpaid leave during any 12 month period. If you have been on medical leave for four months you have already used up the alloted time allowed for medical leave under the FMLA and your employer has fulfilled its obligations under the FMLA.

If your job is under a collective bargaining agreement or your have an employment contract then you may have additional entitlements under either arrangement. Unfortunately if you are an at will employee your employer is allowed to terminate you if you cannot work after 12 weeks.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy