Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

Is it legal for my boss do this?
I am a minor in Ohio working at an amusement park. For many, school related, reasons I am unable to work more than one day a week. My schedule has only been one day a week for the past 4 months. R...

Is it legal for an employer to set you up to be fired in Nevada?
My father has worked at his job for at least 24 years now. A while back a new owner took over where he works. Up until a few weeks ago he had the same hours and days off for 18 years out of 24. Every ...

Can I be denied unemployment benefits if I quit my job with a good reason?
Almost 6 months ago my employer called me in for a meeting. They (the director and my manager) said they were offering me a promotion which would add more responsibilities to my current work load. T...

HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT WORKING AT THE FBI?
I want to know things like were to go to collage,money you would make,...

Is it legal for me to employ a school leaver as a fish fryer?
I have recently taken on a member of staff who is almost 16 and is now attending college after leaving school in June of this year. Is it legal for me to allow him to use the frying ranges in my chip ...

My employer constantly belittles, curses and even threaten to fire me for taking time off to go to a funeral.?
They are a mom and pop resort, only 3 employees. They say that we are stupid, and not that great. It's a hostile environment to us. They are disrespectful and at that are taking advantage of me ...

What Can I Do With An LLB Law Degree Besides Law?
I don't want to be a lawyer but I am not sure what i want to do. What areas can i go into with a LLB Law Degree and what courses on the LLB should i take to get into these areas?...

Is it a good idea to be a lawyer or bad?
do people respect lawyers, do people think lawyers are as smart as ...

My husband was laid off of his prof job after only 93 days. Now they're denying severance. Is that legal?
Everything the reconstruction/remodeling company communicated to him alluded to his job being secure: they said they'd provide a truck allowance so he purchased a vehicle to use for work; they ...

If my nursing license is suspended am I technically not a registered Nurse anymore?
ORC 4723.01 Defines "(A) “Registered nurse” means an individual who holds a current, valid license issued under this chapter that authorizes the practice of nursing as a registered nurse.&...

I want to start an foreign education agency in india,what are the legal process to get the certificate and all?

Could your employer.....?
send you home during your shift if the work day is going slow (not that many customers)?

Also, could your employer call you before your shift and tell you not to come when the work day ...

Can I get fired from job for false accusations/no proof. 2 guys don't like me/never have, I'm not social.?
Showed up to work, suspended. Manager read me statements(false) / Wrote my own explaining everything and how they "planned" it out. Final decision is not manager but his superior. If I ...

Can this indemnification clause be considered valid as a product of being fired from the job?
Hi,

My employer wants to terminate me but in the contract we signed there is a clause that reads: "Employer shall indemnify employee for all losses sustained in direct consequence of ...

Is academic probation legal under these circumstances?
We are a public school in Illinois, for the record.
You see, this year, our school created a policy that anyone who misses more than 5 days of school will be placed on academic probation. H...

Will this effect my ability to be hired?
During my divorce, my vindictive ex-husband filed an ex-parte restraining order on me for my 5 month old son. He claimed I was abusing the child. For some reason, the judge didn't bother to ...

Employment Law , anyone please like to help me answer this Scenario. Thank You?
Wagner is the CEO of a large US automobile company. The company has unions and yearly union negotiations. The main topic every year is salary. Wagner hates these negotiations because they stretch ...

Can my jjob tell me no i cant have time off?
at my job ive been telling them for months that i would be taking time off for xmas about 3-4 weeks ago i put in my request in the system reminding them that i would be gone for that time they tell ...

I'm 60 yrs old,just started a new job, no ins, and rcvd $13,000 for 911 EMS with no way to pay. Wha can I do?
My budget is for the next 15 months till I turn 62 when I can receive Social Security, there is no extra room for anything. I was advised of Charity Care but while they can reduce my bill if I can...

Can anyone please help my dear friend? He needs help finding a job. He's like a member of my family to me.?
My friend of many years was set up for something he didn't do. He lost his job and gained a cruel "felony," his first and only "offense" five years after he was initially ...

Skalywag
If my employer closes the office for a week - do I get unemployment?
My company will be closes its doors the week between xmas and new year. They are doing it to decrease salary cost. Since I can't live without one week of my wages can I file for unemployment?

Show all answers
Post your answer

kapn
Rating
Don't think so.......there is some sort of waiting period.......call and check it out......don't @iss off the boss........you could be out of a job.........

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

K I M B E R L Y ツ
they should pay you holiday pay...........atleast for xmas.

sumbumblebee
It depends on state law. You'll have to look it up. But probably not. Most states stipulate that you have to have lost your job permanently.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, September 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy