Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

 I want to be a corporate lawyer..?
What high school subjects would I need for this? I know the courses that I need to do at uni, but what would help me have a better chance with this type of law?...

 Non-reporting probation?
I was put on Non reporting probation in one county

I got in trouble in a different county and put on non reporting probation

I never received any violation report or court dates....

 Am I Covered if something happens?
Now im working at harveys(Canada) I am in training but im not an employee yet, hes not paying me for my training, so im just learning, and He dosent have any of my cards or anythig im wroking for ...

 What should i do at age 14 to become a lawyer?
i just want to know what will prepare me more for being a lawyer?...

 If a company continually makes bad calls on weather, do you have any legal right to question it?
If it snows or rains, ice or hurricane...it doesn't matter how bad the weather is, the job ONLY will go with a delayed opening. Even if the bad weather trend(s) continue, they will NOT close the ...

 What specific things do I need to take with me for my appointment today, to start claiming job seekers?

 Legal rights to start a high school magazine?
am planning to launch a magazine which is for students or involves high schools around the region.I've been told that i need to have a letter from the ministry of education,so is it true and ...

 I am quitting my job- should I still report a coworker's harassment?
There is a girl at work that has been very rude to me from the start, and I assume that she is like that to others as well, but they tolerate it because she is competent at her job. Anyway the way ...

 Joint legal custody and appointed trustee?
In California if the parents have Joint legal custody and one of the parents receives social security disability in which a check is also received for each one of the children naming that same parent ...

 How long would it take to evict this tenant ?
He has been renting a room in my house for last 20 months. There is no any written nor verbal Lease Agreement. There is no Real Estate agent involved. No bond either. I gave him 5 months written ...

 Im going to an Appeal hearing. And i have no clue on what to do, bring, say, or anything. All i have is a date?
I got fired, and ive been looking for a job, and collecting unemployment. But now, my bank is overdrawn on bills because they suddenly stopped sending me checks. After days of 5 hour calling sessions,...

 What happens if I don't get my W-2 by Jan 31?
My employer paid me off the books and now wants to report it to the proper authorities and make amends. I understand that I will also be issued a w-2 for the back wages I received. Is there a time ...

 Can my employer require me to use direct deposit?
I live in Colorado. My employer recently informed us that ALL employees will be paid by mandatory direct deposit. I do not have a bank account and do not want one. I want a paper check from my ...

 Termination of employment (legal terms)?
How can I say (in legal terms) that I want termination of employment (like agreed termination from the employer). The contract is employment contract/agreement. ...

 Becoming a Paralegal in dc?
SHould I just do the 2-4 year certificate/degree program or should I take this course that is not certified to give certificates but give them anyway....just to get started in the field and stil go ...

 Finding a lawyer online?
Where are some good, accessible, places to look for a lawyer online without spending a lot of time.

I want accessible phone numbers and email addresses.


 Is an enhanced redundancy payment taxable.?
I know the statutory redundancy isn't taxable if its less than £30,000 but what about any enhanced payment the employer chooses to make on top of that (if it still amounts to less than £30,000)...

 What products are reserved for cottage industry?
I like to know the products that are reserved ONLY for Manufacturing / Production by cottage industry or in villages, legallly. Otherwise, Pl. let me know where shall I found the details....

 Paralegal is this a good job im a senior in HS looking for a good career?

 Can a corporate lawyer also own his own business? Does he have enough time? Small or Large business?

How to go about a industrial tribunal?
im not to sure how to go about it, do you find your representation first or what? please help, thanks in advance!!!!

Show all answers
Post your answer

Graham W
google will give you the answer if you type in the subject

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

You need to get someone to look at your case to see if you stand a chance of getting a tribunal to hear it.
This is where your union come in but if you have been dismissed and you are posting on here it seems you are not a union member.
ACAS web site will give you all the information on placing a claim but will not represent you as a previous poster said.
You can represent youself but it is a bit of a scary experience if your not a confident person.
Depending on the ground of your dismissal you do normally have to be employed a year but there are exceptions for disability discrimination sexual, bullying but all these again can be found on the website.
Educate yourself by reading up on web sites what to do.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Father Jake
If you want to be represented, then find someone and take advice first. You can however, represent yourself at the employment tribunal, and sometimes you get better consideration from the 'Chair' for having a go yourself!

I should warn you though, it is a difficult thing to do and you will need to do a lot of preparation and legal research.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

You would have to be working for your employers for at least 12 months before your case could go to n industrial tribunal.

If you are in an union, contact their local office, and get your local union Area Organiser to come to speak to you.

They will advise you and help you with your case.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

As the person above has said, if you're in a union they should be your first point of contact.

If not, you should contact ACAS (google them) who will help you.

Unlike the first person has said, it is NOT difficult to represent yourself, but if you don't want to then you should have someone from your union or ACAS with you. Do not hire an employment lawyer because even if you win, the other side will not be forced to reimburse your legal costs like what would happen in a normal court, so you'll probably be well out of pocket. The reason why it isn't hard to do yourself is that an employment tribunal is far more friendly and informal than other courts.

As has already mentioned you have to have been in your job for a year, but also, you have to have lodged a grievance with your employer following their internal process first. The HR people will be able to tell you how to do this.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, July 31, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy