Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

If I was scheduled to return to work but now think I need more..?
time, do you need to ask for a different FMLA leave? I am released to go back in Aug. but they won't give me my schedule until I am back at work, the 6th. This is causing me to think there is ...

How is the computer world company for work? why they take employee passport?

ABH charge....would ANY COMPANY employ them..do you think?
I know some jobs, such as working with vulnerable people are out of the question...but are there any types of jobs that would employ someone who has been convicted of ABH?...

What is the legal age to get a job in the UK? And what jobs can you get for that minimum age?

Has anyone completed the Paralegal Associates Degree Program from SBBC?
I am currently in the process of enrollment for the online program. I am having second thoughts about the credibility of the school and my degree. Will any law firm take me seriously? I cannot ...

Industrial Relations help...Unfair Dismissal?
I am a casual employee, i have been at this company for 2 months. I haven't had any written warnings, and I had done my job Perfectly every night. My employer found out that I am looking for a ...

Only legal replies please
my friend is on disability but could not meet her means. her disability is a mental one therefore she can hide it from any employers.The problem is that the employers pay her less then social ...

Question Regarding Employee Rights
Hello,
Just quick question here.
I have been working at this place for about 2 months. The boss constantly changes the schedule. He has promised me 40 hours a week twice now and has changed ...

X casual employee in trouble. please HELP

I was employed for aprox. 7 days as casual. I rang up and quite over the phone, because I felt very uneasy about job and wasn't given enough instruction on the first and only shift I did. <...

What do you know about paralegals?
Anyone know any pros and cons to this profession?? I've always been interested in this career but i don't know very much about it...whats the pay like for a starting person...aslo it's ...

Where isnt chinese overtime legal

Do you know of any pro bono criminal appellate lawyer in manatee/sarasota county

Can an employer not pay you for vacation time you have accrued and taken?
I had accrued vacation time and now that I have taken it, my employer states they are not paying me for it. Can they do that?
Additional Details
that is the whole story...I have copies ...

Can you persue a career in the criminal justice field with a degree in child and youth worker social work?

Job reference checks
when a employer asks you fo references do they

1: ever actually ring up

2: ask them how long you worked for them or just ask about your work ...

Is it illegal for employer to not pay for job training in CA?
I was told to come in for three , four hour shifts at this drinks place called Quickly and during this "training" i preformed every duty that an employee would, literally working, making ...

Interivew tomorrow (08/06) workers compensation law in Missouri
I have an interview tomorrow in a manufacturing company and this job requires knowledge of workers compensation.Can you please guide me of all the details related to workers compensation.I have tried ...

What's the best way to find a good lawyer?

Can my employer change my wage from weekly to monthly with no notice?
my employer announced today that he was changing my weekly pay to monthly pay without notice. is this legal or do l have rights
Additional Details
l live in the UK...

Abused children...?
when im older i would really love to work for somthin that helps abused children get away from there families or where ever the abuse is comin from but i dont kno were to even start.
like wat ...

Sweeney
How much do employment agencies charge an employer?
Hello,

I am working for a company through an employment agency. The company I am working for are very pleased with me and would like me to work for them as a consultant. Therefore I am going to set up my own business and charge them daily/hourly rate for my service.

However, they have agreed to meet in the middle of what the agency is paying me and what they are paying the agency. The agency wont tell me the rate that they are charging. So how can i find out the rate they are charging so that i don't get lied to by the company and hence get less pay?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Judy
Rating
Geez, if you are worried about them lying to you, are you sure you want to work for them?

What they pay the company depends on the type of work and the hourly rate. You could ask to see the invoices the company has received from the agency.

You may have another issue here - you will probably owe the agency a placement fee if you go to work directly for the company they placed you at, whether as an employee or as a contractor. And that fee could be pretty huge.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

surojabu
It varies by location. But I wouldn't be surprised if the company is paying twice or almost twice what you're getting paid by the employment agency. If you work as a temp for an employment agency, they usually charge the company about twice what they would pay you as a general rule. If you're hired as a straight out full time employee, the fee the employment agency charges the company is usually about 10 or 15% of a year's salary.

One thing to consider, if there is a signed contract in place between the company and the employment agency regarding hiring anyone they've used from the employment agency, the company may not be able to hire you without the employment agency raising the legal issue. In other words, it is routine procedure for employment agencies' contracts to prohibit the client company from hiring or consulting with any temp or potential employee that they have met through the employment agency. They have this wording to keep companies from simply hiring the best candidate without paying the required fee to the employment agency. IF you signed a contract even though you're not paying them a fee, I bet your contract also prohibits you from taking a position (on your own) with any company you met via the employment agency.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, April 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy