Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

If you worked for the HR department and you...?
interviewed someone you really liked. Meaning their qualifications and their personality. But, when you called their boss for reference they probably said somethings you didnt want to hear. Would you ...

How Much Is MIN. wage now??
My husband took a job they say 7.00 an hour is that legal should he not be getting at least min. wage Thanks to everyone.....

Looking for some clarification - recently been sacked from a company.Few issues?
I'd been working at a golf club since Feb of this year and was hired on a 3 month probationary period. 3 months down the line, all was good, I had received a formal warning highlighting a few ...

Any lawyers out there? What's the law on this?
My friend owns a shop and put an ad in the paper to sell electronic goods at a discount price and told those interested to email. My friend decided that she wasn't making enough profit and so ...

I have a job that pays below minimum wage, what can I do?
What proof would I need? Is there a reason why they would be able to get away with this, maybe some kind of exception? Is there a way I can gain money from this? The pay is $7.21, minimum wage is $7.2...

The boss is always "sick". Legally, can she be fired for not coming in?
I do not work for her anymore, but one of my friends does. It is a retail store with about 8 regular employees and 3 shift managers. She is the General Manager of the store.

Without fail,...

Should I have taken Legal Action?
I know its no good thinking about it now, but would I have had any case against this horrible woman, did she break any laws.

About 4 months ago I had a job interview for a Pa position for ...

Terminated without reason after 7 years???can i sue them ?
after all the tim e i spent at my job they let me go with this ..."we are terminating our business relationship!" this co. has just taken over the company i was working for and has ...

Size discrimination help please?
I am a 5'8" 300lb female and I work in a call center. I have been off work since Monday. When I went to work last night I found that my chair had been taken away and in place of it was a ...

Can an employer force me to sign a warning?
At my work I always check my timecard at 7:00 and stay late, becuase we were told not to incurred overtime.

One member of my department just got fired and we need to work longer than 7 to ...

Are there any legal rammifications for being caught selling methadone?
please include where you found it!...

How do I report my boss's behavior to someone who will do something about it?
I've recently began working at Fedex Ground, and the manager there is very crooked. He shows obvious favoritism treats everyone differently and sometimes fires people based on how personal ...

What law states that job applications HAVE to ask if males(18-26) have signed up with selective service?
My first question apparently confused most. I know it is the law for males ages 18-26 to sign up for selective service, that wasn't what I was asking about. In the hiring process, job ...

What are the ethical and legal implications of an employer who has installed 'spy' cameras?
throughout the business, and then views the activity on his PC?? At this point only a couple of people are aware they have been installed, they were installed after money continued to disappear from ...

How do I write to my employer an "I O U" letter?
Hi all,

My company went bust and they owe me salaries and redundancy pay etc and now while in the process of completing the RP1 form I discovered that I need to write a letter to my ...

Would it be possible to be a lawyer and take about five years off to raise children? Choosing Major.?
I'm trying to choose my college major, and was wanting a job that I could quit for a few years to stay with my future children before they are old enough to go to school. If I did this, would ...

Worked for a non-profit org. for 12 years and now they say I can't be a part of their retirement plan?
I worked for a non-profit organization for 12 years and because I quit, honorably, they now are saying their retirement plan is ONLY for those who retire at 62-65 and who they choose to offer it to. ...

Restaurant taking servers' tips. What can I do?
On our room service menus, it reads that servers receive 100% of an automatic 20% gratuity. We actually only receive 50% and the hotel keeps the rest. I've talked with managers and they have ...

I was convicted of a DUI 7 years ago.If I go get my CNA will hospital or Nursing homes still hire me?
Also when I start the Clinical training will they let me in to do it.I have been sober for 6 years now and don't miss it.I hope this doesn't effect me with getting an education and a good ...

I got fired, I think? Can I sue?
I called in sick for work a few times because I had some personal issues to resolve. Suddenly, the next week I am no longer on the schedule. I called in to ask what happened, but none of the ...

wesruss83
Do Pre-Employment drug test show up on your record if you fail?
If you fail a pre-employment drug test does it go on your background check where other employers see where you failed a pre-employment drug test?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Skippy The Wondertard
Skippy say, depends on the industry. Many industries run things that sort of resemble credit reports but of your job history. If you are in one of those industries, yes it could. If you arent, then most likely not. Skippy also say if you dont know if you are in one of those industries, you probably arent.

Skippy warns you about something else you might not have thought of. By doing drugs you are risking your future career very badly. We live in an information age where everyone is creating an electronic paper trail of what they do. More and more companies are doing complete criminal and credit checks on applicants and refusing to hire anyone with any sort of drug conviction. If you keep on doing drugs, even something has harmless as pot, eventually you will get busted. And that little bust can come back and haunt you 30 years later when you are trying to get a good job.
Skippy say Just say no.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Anna
Rating
no, no one will know that you failed the test except for the people that are trying to hire you. i have had a few people who failed drug tests and i am not EVER authorized to give out that information to anyone else and it will never show up on any other checks other employers will run for you.

crazyem
I don't think so. You won't get the job you applied for. My sister told me the drug test isn't so much to see if you use drugs ever. It's more to make sure you're not so stupid as to use before your scheduled drug test.

rwa000
Rating
what record???? Big brother isn't that big yet, unless your still think your in high school

hr4me
Rating
If the drug test is regulated or required by the D.O.T. (Dept. of Transportation) then there is going to be a record of it and it will come back on you. If it is for a private company and is not regulated by DOT then no. Unless the background checking company asks your employer the question and you have signed a release statement that they can release information about you.

Mandy
By law your employer or ex employer cannot share any information with potential employers. NON AT ALL. When your potential employer calls your ex employer, all they can do is provide the information that you were in fact employed there and how long you were with the business. If they in any way hinder your potential to get the next job, you can sue them and win.

crzyluci2000
No but if you are going through like some time of temp to hire company they won't find you another job of course.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, November 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy