Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

Can an new employer require you to give them your original birth certificate?
That's along with a copy of your state ID/license and social security card.
Adecco Staffing told me they require my original birth certificate, my driver's license, and social ...

Several of my payroll checks have been returned NSF. What legal action can I take against my employer?
I live in the state of Texas. I need to know what my rights are as an employee regarding payment for services rendered. Is there any legal action that an employee can pursue against an employer that ...

Is it legal for my boss to have the office bugged?
He has no reason to believe something is going on. I dont like the fact that you cant have a conversation with a coworkier without him listening!...

Is this fair?
I recently got my shift changed to 9 and a half hours, where 1 hour is unpaid. Also I've only been given 2 days in advance that I'm doing it.
Additional Details
Well, the one ...

Pros and Cons of being a lawyer?
I am a 13yr old student reaserching and studying on careers for learning block. Need answers ASAP....

What do Employers find out when they run background checks?
Say if I dont want to mention where I worked last, b/c of termination, If i dont list that will that show up? & where can I go & get information that they will pull up on me?
Doesn'...

My boss seems to really wana get me out of my job, I have been there 5months....
I dont have a contract so where do I stand?...

Can you get a job based off a minor?
If I had a minor in sociology could I get a job based on that?...

Several of us were forced to work on sunday for no pay or be fired. is this legal?

What if you accidentaly sign something that was supposed to be notarized can you still get it notarized?
I got a legal form and I was supposed to have it notarized but my lawyer mailed it to me and said just sign where I put the tabbies and send it back in the envelope. Well after I signed everywhere, I ...

If you got accident at job and they send you for drug test ,?
at job accident ,they send for drug test and let you stay at home for the result . My question is this who will pay my salary if drug test comes negive. what the law ?...

On a job application, how would you answer all employees steal from their employer t or f?

Am I too old to train as a solicitor?
I'm 32 which means I would be 37 at the youngest before I qualified as a solicitor. I know this is quite old but is it too old? I know law is competitive. I am bored in my current jobs and want ...

If you get fired from your job, how does unemploym comp work? Can you be deinied? What if its your 1st time?
living in Illinois I always wondered how unemployment worked considering thankfully so far i never had to draw. What happens when or if you get fired? How do you know if you get somethimg or what ...

Written warning from employer?
how do i write an appeal ...

Is it appropriate for a prospective employer to ask my pay history?
I'm applying for a new position. the job application is asking me for my pay history at each of my previous jobs. Is that appropriate? Obviously it will be used to limit their offer.
A...

Who are the best people to put on your resume 's reference section? like relatives, or previous employers?

I quit my job. gave 2 weeks notice.Didn't have to work it. Does he have to pay me 2 weeks?
I had it with my boss. He offered me a different position 6 months ago, and is not happy with my work. He know I feel I was doing pretty well considering that I was not properly trained. I quit; I ...

Quitting my job without notice?
I have debated, and debated, because I thought it was the right thing to do (give notice), but quite honestly, my biggest fear, and a very valid one I believe, is that they will just tell me that ...

What's the best way to get LEGAL revenge on an immoral former employer?
By immoral, I mean a pet shop owner who would not take sick animals to the vet, and was a bit pervy to boot!...

john s
Coming off Job Seekers Allowance, when do I do it?
I have been offered a job, but I won't be paid for a month, do I stop claiming JSA WHEN i'm paid or when I start work?
It seems more logical to do it when I get paid in a month but the law is not always logical, any advice here?
Additional Details
p.s, that Spook bloke is a complete dick head, if he knew my situation he wouldn't be saying that! grow up you infant.

Show all answers
Post your answer

spook542
Rating
come off it as soon as you start work you scrounging git

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

jenny s
Rating
hi i was in same situation and they advised me to stay on as i hadnt got any money from job then end when first payment from job is received.

its logical.

best of luck and well done on new job!!!

ross x
Tell the DHSS when the job is about to start. You can still claim benefits for the frist month, it will be classed as a crisis loan and you will have to pay it back, but if you agree to stay off benefits for 5 wks you will also be due a £100 bonus for signing off. I did all this 2 1/2 mths ago. You will also be able to claim the first mths rent as long as you have been on JSA for 26 wks.

Nosey parker
You need to tell the job centre you have had a job offer. Tell them the start date and when you will be paid.

Also so you get all your tax allowances you will have to let them know. With a little bit of luck they will pay you your benefit until you first paycheck.

k
Rating
You will stop being paid JSA when you start working. Before I started my current job I was claiming benefits - I took the offer letter with me when I went to sign on and the staff sorted out all the paperwork there and then, I received my last JSA payment 3 weeks before I got paid.

darkfaery
Rating
your job seekers ends on the day your contract is signed, and thing after this and you will have to pay them back, you might be able to get a credit to help you the rest of the month, or ask for a loan off your work till the end of the month xx

h
I would get some advice from the job centre as if you carry on claiming and get caught there could be penalites.........i do believe that you can still get help tho for the first month

kate
Rating
I am pretty sure the bureaucracy data tracks all that stuff .
Eventually , they will have the info on when you actually started work .
Any falsification would be fraud with some possible ugly consequences .

Notify JSA of your job & your first expected pay date .
Let them advise you .

>

www.ciaranprice.co.uk
Rating
You have to do it from when you start the job, not when you get paid.

And yes, i think these things aren't made clear when you go and sign on, and they should be.

babydoll72
you need to notify the dss you have a job and what date you start, im sure if you have been on j.s.a longer than 26 weeks you can claim a month free rent and council tax and also money for finding a job. ask at the dss tommorow

aphrodite
Well, you will have to inform them of the start date because they will find out anyway and you could get in to trouble. They may give you benefit (but i doubt it) or you could ask your personel department for a part payment of your wage, which will be taken out of your months pay. Hope this helps =)

The Oracle
Rating
This is what you need to do:

If your job is for 16 hours a week or more, you will have to cease claiming Job Seekers Allowance (JSA). The last date of your claim will be the day before you start work. ie. if you are due to start on 24/09/07, the last date of your claim will be 23/09/07. Your JSA will be paid up to and including that date (provided you meet all the entitlement conditions).

In terms of your pay, you can apply for a Crisis Loan until you get paid. This is not the same as staying on benefit, as any member of the public can apply for one. The Crisis Loan is interest free, and you agree to pay it back when you get paid. You can apply for that after the period of time that your last payment of JSA covered has expired. (ie you get paid your last JSA on 26/09/07, and that is to cover the period from 19/09/07 to 23/09/07. This is 5 days payment, so you could apply for the crisis loan 5 days after receiving it). When you apply for the loan, they will need to know when you are due to get paid, and what you need it for. A decision will then be made on whether you can get one.
You may also be entilted to a Job Grant, and a Housing Benefit runon. To qualify for these, you will need to have been claiming JSA for at least 26 weeks without a break. If you have had a gap of even a day (for instance, you were disallowed for a day because you did not show good cause for not attending the office when you were supposed to, then you would probably not be entitled). Your job should also be expected to last for a minumum of 5 weeks.

Do not stay on JSA whilst you are working! This is fraud, and could lead to you being prosecuted!

Go and speak to an adviser at the Jobcentre tomorrow.

Well done

( I am a Jobcentre adviser)

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, April 19, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy