Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

Legal working hours for salary man?
what is the legal working hours per day for salary man?
9 to 6 ? (8 hours + 1 hour lunch = total 9 hours)

or any total 8 hours per day including lunch hour
Additional Details...

Is incest in wisconsin legal?
please tell ...

Please help me! I don't know what to do.?
I am a RN with an Associates Degree and 6 years of experience. Even before nursing school, I wanted to become a paralegal or work in some sort of law setting. I chose nursing because I thought I ...

What should i wear for my job interview at a law firm?
i just graduated as a paralegal and this is my first time applying to a law firm so i have no idea what to wear, how should i do my hair and makeup? any suggestions?...

What is the legal age to apply for a job in CA?

Guilt by associatoin?
Does anyone know what is Guilt By Association. I heard it in a linkin park song, seen it in a movie. and some other ...

Take the Bar BEFORE Lawschool?
I realize it is a hard test, but from what I have heard, Law school does not prepare you to take the Bar Exam. I have a year off before law school and I figure--what the hell, why not think about ...

Why do we not stamp legal document when thay are recevie in the mail?

I am a student of class 10th and my ambition is to become a lawyer. can you give me suggestions for this field

Pregnancy Discrimination Los Angeles?
My Girlfriend was recently let go of her job. She had 0 write ups and good attendance. She was about 4 months pregnant at the time and the company was aware as she needed to make appointments. She ...

Ok, so what constitutes harrasement?
I simply told him that his company would fo out of business due to his management style, I also stated that he was an aggresive manager. I also told him that he harassed other employees that worked ...

How do I get a legal transcription job; to work at home?
I want to work from home, maybe online. Does anyone know of anything?...

Minimum Legal work age?
Im 13, i live in Camarillo, California. I want to know what the legal minimum age for a person to work is. Please H...

What are the duties of a Paralegal?
Thanks for any answers!!!...

My employer is requiring a background check...will I fail?
I know they check felonies, education, etc and I'm good on that. But a couple years ago, I had my wallet stolen and this girl wrote bad checks, used my debit card etc... I filed a police report ...

Career question, easy 10 points but please answer if you are certain?
Can a person who has graduated law school -supposing he has the aprropriate masters and PhDs- work in the police and investigate crimes ?...

Is this inappropriate for an interviewer to ask or is it illegal?
During an interview with a hospital they asked me who I was related to in my home town. When I told them they mentioned that my cousin had got out of prison and asked me about his where abouts. My ...

What are the legal holiday and bank holiday entitlements for part time employee, working 12 hours a week?
Employed on private estate, and would like to know about paid annual and bank holidays....

What are my legal options if my employer changes my hours of employment and pay without my agreement?
my employer wants to change my hours of employment and my pay without my agreement. At the moment i work rotating day and night shift 2 weeks about. my employer has told me i now have to work ...

I work in a non-law office as a Senior Buyer. Should I quit work to focus on Law school?
I work full-time and attend night classes. If I quit work, I can focus on law and try to join a club or something. This will also allow me to graduate by December and attempt to take the bar earlier.<...

godfater21
Can an employer hold an absense against you if you have a doctors note?
Where I work an employee had days counted against his attendance that he was out with the flu. he had gone to the emergency room for the illnese and they put him off for 5 days and gave him a note. yet in his attendance review these days where held against him.

a different employee was actually admitted to the hospital with an infection in his leg and that day was held against him.

is that even legal to do? I thought medical excuses had to be excused?

also I'm from ohio if state laws are different. i tried google but could find anything at all. please help.

Show all answers
Post your answer

kapn
Rating
An employer can do any thing you let him do. If you don't like it quit.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

beachlvr96
It depends on your rules at your place of work. Where I worked it was 3 days maximum with a doctor's note. If it was more than 3 days you could use your sick leave or vacation time if you had any. If you did not have that you would not get paid. My 1 friend went on disability for a week. When her review came up months later it was used against her. She did not get the same raise as most of us got.

Judy
You thought wrong. An employer does not have to excuse you if you have a medical excuse. The exception is if you qualify for FMLA leave - if you do, the employer must allow you up to 12 weeks of (unpaid) leave for a qualifying reason for you or a family member, and your job is somewhat protected for that time. But unless you qualify for FMLA, the employer can discipline or fire you for absences even if you have a doctor's excuse.

V.T.V.RAM
Even under the Ohio law, employees are allowed to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid medical leave, with continued medical benefits and restoration of their original position upon return. An employee is eligible under FMLA when they:
Have worked for the same employer for the previous 12 months
Have worked at least 1250 hours in the previous 12 months
Are employed by a "covered" employer, which is:
All federal, state, and local governments and agencies
Private employers with 50 or more employees for 20 weeks in the calendar year and engaged in interstate commerce
The managements attitude is 100% illegal. Please report this to labour board.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, August 2, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy