Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

I talked to my boss. he said minimum wage did increase to 6.55 but they wont pay that untill 90 days ?
is that illeagle? i mean. if im working for them. they have to pay me at least minimum wage? and if they higher anyone now it HAS to be right? that wouldnt be fair to everyone else if we have worked ...

How many 12 hours shifts can you work in a row?
Need to know how many days I can work 12 hours for before I have to have a day off as my boss want to introduce 12 hour days....

Is it ok to walk into a law firm with my resume?
I live in New York City and I have been having a lot of trouble finding a job. I have my law degree but I don't yet have my Bar license. Searching on the internet hasn't been working. Is ...

Holiday pay working for agencies?
am i entitled to holiday pay if i work through an agency. I am classed as self employed (CIS)?...

Wage Question re: Notice of change of hours.?
I have loked on Wagenet but can't find anything. I am on a Salary through a retail company that says hours as required. My roster has been up for three weeks and I always have Sun and Monday off....

CS results icsi Company Secretary results foundation executive program professional june 2008 12 noon?
Hope all of us know that CS results results are out on 25th August 2008 @ 12 noon itself. I have CS classes in http://csexecutiveprogra and yet to decide where to join for CS ...

What do I need to obtain these personal/legal documents?
I'm 17 yrs. old and live in Illinois. I lost my birth certificate, my social security card (well actually they mysteriously disappeared from somewhere I kept them.....) I don't have a ...

How could i get a job?
I'm a teenager not 16 yet and i want to have a job. i have my job form from school and i don't know where i could get a job at....

Safeway union questions?
Safeway union questions?
I am new employee in safeway. I have a question regarding their union... Is it automatically deduct in your first paycheck? or how does it work?

Rights for Applicants from Employers?
Is there any law that prohibits Employers from discriminating applicants from applying to their comapany?

Example
Instead of telling the truth, The employer will say "We will ...

Is it legal for the workplace to record audio without consent in California. I know video is legal. ?
Is it legal for the workplace to record audio without consent in California. I know video is legal. Is Audio Legal in the workplace in California?...

How many sick days a year are you entitled to with pay and without pay?
Full time and Part time?...

Terminated from employment unfairly, please help?
I was hired August 4th, 2008 to work for TASC(Treatment Accountability for Safer Communities). On Thursday, 8/21/08, my co-worker lied about the events that un-folded during the workday and made a ...

Legal advice required: What recourse does a manager have?
When a middle age woman makes false accusations against her male manager what recourse does the manager have? The accusations are gender discrimination and job harassment despite the fact the ...

Do I need a work permit for an apprenticeship?
If I am taking an apprenticeship (no pay) do I need a work permit from my high school?

Oh and I am in San Diego, California and am 17.
Additional Details
It is at a dog ...

Help please... is this breaking a labor law? and end up in termination?
Please help me if this letter will help control this supervisor. If this illegal and if this supervisor will get fire for doing this action. He is a very evil guy and I need help to get rid of him, ...

Do I need to show some legal proof that my Grandmother is my legal guardian when applying for college?

Additional Details
I am 17 so I do need a legal ...

Night working when under 18?
im 17, and want to work nights. (8 - 4 am)

I've been told theres laws which would prohibit me from working these hours, is there any law saying what time i can work until? All i know ...

I am 14 and looking for minumum wage job?
I am 14 years old and would really like to work. I have been calling around, and the lowest hiring age I have found is 15. Does anyone know of a company that hires 14-year-...

What is the driving distance between Ville Platte, LA and Port Barre, LA?

kristine s
Can a person with a felony practice Chiropractic in the states?
I received a felony 7 years ago, and I am wanting to know whether or not I can still become licensed after Chiropractic school.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Herfnerd
Rating
You may have a problem.

Most states require a criminal background check before a chiropractic license is issued. Depending on the nature of the crime, it may or may not be cause to deny approval.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Dr. K
The answer is a flat no. If you have a felony, all health care professional jobs that require a license from the state are barred from you. It's so serious, they inform all 1st year students in med school, and I assume chiropractic school as well, don't drink and drive, a DWI is a felony and can deny you from getting a license to practice.

There is one option. You need to talk to a lawyer. If you can have that felony record expunged or sealed by the court, then you can have a state license. You need to clear this before even entering school because schools will deny your admission. What's the point of teaching someone if they can't get a license?

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy