Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

Gross Misconduct - If an employee refuses to attend an exhibition?
A sales employee refuses to attend an exhibition, when given 2 weeks notice. Is this calssed as gross misconduct?

Employee has worked for firm for over 10 years, and has always attended ...

Employers? what is data entry skills, found a secretary job...?
i have found a secretary job to apply for, what things are included in strong data entry skills, cou;d you tell me, serious answers only please
Additional Details
i know what data entry ...

I need help in finding a legit work at home job with no fees?
My husband and I live paycheck to paycheck and would love to have some extra money. Is there any work at home job websites out there that don't require any fees? I am mainly interested in data ...

Employment law - can anyone advise please?
My husband has worked for a company for some 11 weeks and the job, for variious reasons, is not working out. He has been given an employment contract which states that for the first three month ...

A job i worked at over the summer has not paid me? what do i do?
the wonderful world of craigs list.......

i found a job on there in my local area after finding it on craigs list. it wasa great because it was in walking distance to my home. i worked for ...

Where should I get a job at.?
I'm 15 and live in covington, louisiana and want to know where to get a job. Who would pay the best and where could I pick my own work hours....

Can an new employer require you to give them your original birth certificate?
That's along with a copy of your state ID/license and social security card.
Adecco Staffing told me they require my original birth certificate, my driver's license, and social ...

Several of my payroll checks have been returned NSF. What legal action can I take against my employer?
I live in the state of Texas. I need to know what my rights are as an employee regarding payment for services rendered. Is there any legal action that an employee can pursue against an employer that ...

Is it legal for my boss to have the office bugged?
He has no reason to believe something is going on. I dont like the fact that you cant have a conversation with a coworkier without him listening!...

Is this fair?
I recently got my shift changed to 9 and a half hours, where 1 hour is unpaid. Also I've only been given 2 days in advance that I'm doing it.
Additional Details
Well, the one ...

Pros and Cons of being a lawyer?
I am a 13yr old student reaserching and studying on careers for learning block. Need answers ASAP....

What do Employers find out when they run background checks?
Say if I dont want to mention where I worked last, b/c of termination, If i dont list that will that show up? & where can I go & get information that they will pull up on me?
Doesn'...

My boss seems to really wana get me out of my job, I have been there 5months....
I dont have a contract so where do I stand?...

Can you get a job based off a minor?
If I had a minor in sociology could I get a job based on that?...

Several of us were forced to work on sunday for no pay or be fired. is this legal?

What if you accidentaly sign something that was supposed to be notarized can you still get it notarized?
I got a legal form and I was supposed to have it notarized but my lawyer mailed it to me and said just sign where I put the tabbies and send it back in the envelope. Well after I signed everywhere, I ...

If you got accident at job and they send you for drug test ,?
at job accident ,they send for drug test and let you stay at home for the result . My question is this who will pay my salary if drug test comes negive. what the law ?...

On a job application, how would you answer all employees steal from their employer t or f?

Am I too old to train as a solicitor?
I'm 32 which means I would be 37 at the youngest before I qualified as a solicitor. I know this is quite old but is it too old? I know law is competitive. I am bored in my current jobs and want ...

If you get fired from your job, how does unemploym comp work? Can you be deinied? What if its your 1st time?
living in Illinois I always wondered how unemployment worked considering thankfully so far i never had to draw. What happens when or if you get fired? How do you know if you get somethimg or what ...

jambam
Can I sue my current employer and still work there?
Hello,

I feel that my employer owes my around $15,000 due to a bonus structure in my current deal, but they are not paying it. Is there anything I can do in the court system to enforce this, while still keep my job?

Thanks

Show all answers
Post your answer

Drago_65
Rating
yes, and if they fire you then you really have a good lawsuit

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Loose Change™¢
Yes, you can sue for breach of contract. If they fire you over it, you can sue for wrongful termination/retaliatory termination. But would you really want to work in such a hostile environment after that? The good news is that there are severe punitive damages for such treatment, you might come out of it a millionaire if you have a good lawer.

divak
im pretty sure you can,Suze Orman did it while she was still working for merrill lynch.You should probably contact eeoc(equal employment opportunity commission) tel# 800 669 4000.

Judy
Rating
Why aren't they paying you? Do they have an alternate explanation of what your contract says, or are they just stonewalling?

You can sue them. Going through your state labor board is probably the best way. But don't expect to have a very secure job with them after that if you do. Contrary to what a few others said, your job does NOT become protected just because you brought suit or even if you won the suit.

There are whistle-blower laws that protect your job if you report legal wrongdoing within the company, but those don't apply to this case.

$15K is a lot of money. I'd say get another job lined up, then if you're sure you have it coming, file suit the day before you turn in your notice.

hr4me
Rating
Have you tried speaking to H.R. about it first? And with your boss to find out an explanation as to why they are not paying you the bonus the way you read the contract? You can file a claim for unpaid wages with your local wage and labor office but you should get some answers from your employer before you do this to make sure you have a clear understanding of what is going on.

leysarob
Rating
It will likely not be a great working environment after you sue, whether or not you win the suit. Why would you want to continue employment there?

Expert Realtor
Sure you can...however, have you ever heard of someone suing their employer and KEEPING their job?

Companies can always find legal ways of getting rid of you.

J *
Rating
Yes you can.

I would suggest lining up another job to transfer to before the lawsuit letter hits your bosses desk though.

If they fire you it makes your case stronger, but you don't want to be without work either.

Good luck.

x=x*+v*t+(1/2)at^2
Rating
You can sue and keep your job. People do it all the time. Expect your job to S()K big time while you're in litigation.

Ask a layer if your case is winable. A lawyer won't touch it unless they think its a slam dunk.

MeanKitty
If you feel you were wronged, check with your State Dept of Labor. They will help you if you have a valid grievance, and protect your job. If you just hire an attorney they will likely fire you for some other reason.

The Stone
Rating
yes you can definately consult an attorney before you file anny papers to sue.

j0eysoseri0us
Rating
Yea but dont expect to be promoted anytime soon, you my friend will be blackballed by HR.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy