Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Legal Jobs
Legal Discussion Forum

How would you undertake a background check investigation on applicants?
Most firms are reluctant to give recommendations on former employees for fear of legal repercussions, yet the hiring firm needs information about prospective employees to avoid charges of negligent ...

How is it legal to cut my wages?
i have been with this company for a long time. I am a bartender and have always gotten tipped out so why the change now?...

I'm looking for a work from home job but so many scams; please help me get legal one?

Can anyone help with a query about notice periods?
I have been with my company for just over 7 years now and am about to give my notice. It states that you should give 1 week for every year so for me, that's 7 week's notice. I may be about ...

I am been made redundant in 3 weeks & I have another job lined up, do I have to work my full notice?
my new employer wants me to start on Monday 16th Feb, my redundancey starts on 2nd of March. My current employer would like me to work my full notice up untill this point. But I am going to be out of ...

Is there a job you can get without a drivers license?
Okay. My boyfriend is 18 years old. But he lost his drivers license because of that new rule where if you get two tickets in a year under 21 years of age. Anyway, he works as a painter now, but ...

I have an issue with my job.?
I haven't been employed with this company for very long, how ever, I found out my store manager has been talking inappropriately about me to another employee who is a close friend of mine. I'...

What are the legal issues??? please help?
I went to my baby shower in texas but work in california and when i came back was informed by my place of employment that they could not afford to pay their employees and to call back and check in a ...

Can I claim unemployment whilst receiving severance pay? - I live in Colorado?
My severance pay is paid in bi-weekly. Thanks....

Lawyer as a career?
I was thinking of becoming a lawyer but which one....i would like details and the payrate?
Tax Lawyer

Divorce Lawyer

Narcotic Lawyer

And please include others if ...

My work requires me to be to shift 15 min early-unpaid- is this legal?
I was told that in Michigan employers cannot require you to do this without paying you....

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get a felony removed from your record?
One mistake in a lifetime is making it nearly impossible for me to obtain employment. I was only sentenced to probation and felony was from 1995, no trouble since....

If i quit my job today how long should it take for my employer to furnish my final check?
in ...

Quit with notice but not rehireable?
I put in my resignation with the company I work for. I put in 8 days notice and faxed it to my district manager the very same day. He didn't get back to me until yesterday.

He then ...

Getting fired from a job?
if i just got hired and got fired 2 days into training..yes i worked about 8 hours each day...they told me dont come back. they have to pay me for what i worked by law right? should i wait the 2 ...

Career option ?
Fatima Masood
Date of Birth 16.08.80
Time of Birth 07:30 A...

Criminal Record and Work?
I have a criminal record. A misdemeanor for shoplifting. Once I get it expunged can I still qualify to be president, mayor of a town, or a CEO of a company?...

Disciplinary procedures in employment?
I as an employee fell down a customer's fire escape whilst delivering. As a result I was given a written warning for breaching Health and Safety rules for using the fire escape when I was ...

HR folks - Questions for you concerning my *ahem* friend and pre-employment background check?
OK this may take a bit...After loyally working for the same company as tech support for 10+ years, company laid off dept and he finds self looking for a job, interviews go great, gets plenty of call ...

Can it state in a reference that you were dismissed?
I was dismissed fro breaching the Internet Usage Policy at work back in January. I have found it impossible to find further work, but recently was offered a job with the Civil Aviation Authority. T...

Another
Can I receive unemployment benefits if my husband takes a job out of state?
We live in Oregon and my husband was recently laid off. He has recently accepted a job in Napa, California. I work for a company that I plan on transfering with and have been there for many years, but it looks like it may take a few months for a position to open. Can I collect unemployment in California while I wait for an opening and or look for a job?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Michael from Kuwait
Rating
Overseas Tax FREE Chance of a Lifetime - Would You Like To Work In Kuwait?
Chance of a Lifetime Opportunity..Please Watch this Wideo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9M_9Uy3-6c&feature=related

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Cubs Girl
You can collect unemployment for involuntary termination therefore you will not qualify for benefits.

Squat1
If your spouse was the primary wage earner, in some states you would quality for unemployment due to your spouse being transferred.

Since unemployment laws vary widely by states, check California's law.

You probably will be eligible.

mark
Rating
Its a small consolation to know that state scroungers live in America as well as the UK!!
Why should you get benefits? You gave up the job volountarily AND your husband has a job.
Its precisely your " I'm entitled " attitude that has ruined the UK and, it would appear, your country as well.

suellenh
Rating
You can collect unemployment only if you lose your job due to no fault of your own... quitting to move to another state wouldn't qualify.

V.T.V.RAM
Rating
You are eligible to collect unemployment ONLY if you’ve been laid off, fired, or had to quit because of a hostile work environment.
Since your employer is a friend of your brother, please ask him to lay you off or fire you from the job.
Once this is done, your plan can be fulfilled.
Hence, you cannot receive unemployment benefits.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, October 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy