Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Are there any laws stating that you need to be ID'd for a LIGHTER?
hi everyone!
the other day i was at the gas station buying myself a drink and snack before work. i decided to pick up a lighter because i forgot my other one at home. to my suprise i was ID'...

Can people who are in AA get special treatment at work?
If a person is stealing company time or money (small amount) and is involved in alcohol treatment receive different consequences than a non alcoholic employee? There is an employee at my work who is ...

Dog laws and question on what to do?
If you are playing in a public park and there is a law sign saying all dogs on leash, then as you are playing soccer a old man is walking with his dog and the dog comes and trys to bite you but ...

Reasons as to why gun control should be legal?
Hi im doing i research paper and I need help on finding reasons why should gun control be legal in the United States....

What is the purpose of cross-examination of witness by the defence counsel?

How do you report abuse if you're also neglected by...?
your guardians? you go the counselor, the principle, to your therapist, but then your guardian defends the abuser. what should the victim do? write every incident that has occurred and provide ...

Why do they have an INS DETAINER?
Ok, my uncle is in county jail and they have an INS detainer on him. He is a us citizen so I dont understand what it means. Does anyone know why they have that hold on him?...

Will the laws get stricter as more and more illegal immigrants become criminals?
As in, there are more crimes happening by illegal immigrants now. And illegal immigrants had 4 million children last year in the US. So of course some of them will become criminals.

So if ...

A Welsh couple charged with skimming nearly £1M from Citizens Advice Bureau; where did they get the idea from?
Could they possibly have thought "Well, if City Bankers get off with it, why shouldn't we?"...

Child Support and DNA Testing?
I have a friend that is being taken to court by an ex girlfriend for child support. She got pregnant and immediately left him for another man. My friend's name isn't on the birth ...

Texas govenor says he wants to leave he union, should we encourage them to do so?
Seems like t would solve lots of our social problems, raise standardized test scores in public schools and generally improve our nation.

Is this our golden opportunity?...

Can I stop paymentfor a check if Im dissatisfied for service? if so, are there any repercussions for doing so?
I went to the ER two days ago with hernia pain. I dont have insurance and just wanted something for the pain untl i could afford an operation. Before I could even be seen by the dr, they told me i ...

Where can I apply to be tested on, medical trials etc?
I've been made redundant and need some money....

Legal aid time limits, is there one for civil cases?
I was told someone was presuing me via legal aid for a beauty treatment they were unhappy with this was six months ago, when I am likely to recieve a summons?

My insurance company refused ...

How do you get emancipated in texas?
I am 16, both of my parents died when i was young, i live with my aunt, i have a job, can i get emancipated so that my aunt is no longer my legal guardian? if so, how?...

An Inside Job Break in?
How to tell if the break in was an inside job or not also what does inside job mean?...

What are the general rules for trespassing as in. How do you know if your trespassing?
Im wondering ig a place where i ride my bike is illegal and if im trespassing. Theirs no posted signs, fenced only on 2 sides....

Is it legal to get married at 17 under these circumstances?
Is it legal to get married at 17 Tennessee
is it legal to do so if the 17 yr old has a parent's consent and is marrying a 20 yr old, and if so, would the marriage be acknowledged as legal ...

What could be the consequences?
for a vandalism misdemeaner and a burglary charge for a minor?...

I hentai legal in UK?
My boyfriend has shown an interest in hentai, it's a little weird for me, but each to their own, I guess. Because it often shows underage sex, rape and BDSM, I'm a little worried on his ...

Brandi
What is the normal time served for a probation violation?
My husband has served so far almost 4 years for a violation and while hes been in there hes told me about people getting out in less than 24 months. whats going on?? Hes not up for parole until December.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Brandy F
I have to agree with the others, it depends on his charges, the time he was sentenced to the first time, what he did to violate his probation this time, if he's been in trouble while in prison, everything adds up. They may just make him finish his original sentence for the violation.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

jeeters walinds
well ok when you have a probation violation they can be nice and have him serve x amount of time and let him out on good behaveir but they can also if they feel he is a flight risk or will do it again keep him in for the remander of what he been senticed too it also may be based on how backed up the courts are and things like that say for me when i was on probation i was on 6 months and then no longer on papers if i where to have a vialtion i could have served those 6 mounths in jail instead so if he was on for four years they could hold him in jail for four years the best idea is to ask a lawer about it and see what they say most lawers now give free constilation and can tell you what is going on i hope this gives some answer to it

Katie
Rating
if he violated his probation, they can make him serve his whole sentence. most of the time people only serve a percentage of the sentence. but when you violate you kinda forfeit that.

Cold Hard Fact
There is obviously something you are not telling us.
First, was he on probation or parole? There is a big difference.
Second, was he on probation for something minor like a DUI, or something major like rape?
Third, did he have a public defender or private counsel?
Fourth, is this his first violation? Second? Third?
Fifth, how did he violate? By committing child molestation or by not meeting his probation officer?

Answer me that and I will help you

rutgershondaguy06
Maybe he shouldn't have broken the law in the 1st place...but you should probably look into a website that deals with it.

Sunshine B
It depends on the crime and the severity of it before he was put on probation and how my years he would have to do in jail or state prison for that crime. Depending on his probation violation, he could actually do his time. Like for example: If he received an extreme charge that he could, do lets say 5 to 10 years for, but was put on probation for at least 5yrs, then turn around and violate that probation with another or the same charge, then yes 9 times out of ten, he would do 5yrs in jail and not the whole ten. Im from Texas and here if you where on deferred adjudicated probation for 10yrs, you can do 1/3 of that probation and be off in 3yrs instead of the whole 10yrs. But you cant have any violations either. So yes if he was given 5yrs prison but instead was put on probation, and he violated that with a similar or even worse charge, then yes most likely, depending on the Judge, he would do the 5yrs in jail or state prison. I hope this was a little helpful to you. Its not good to get your probation revoked! You will do your time or less. Oh and when he gets out, tell him don't get into anymore trouble, cuz the next time he may be in there a little longer than 4yrs. He'll get his parole..

Sun S.
That depends on the charges and the sentencing. Are those people who getting out before you husband charged with the same violation and did they receive the same sentence? By the way, another factor that plays into everything is your husbands prior record and his behavior in incarceration.

Meagan Jones
Rating
Every situation is different.

What's going on is your husband is comparing his situation with others and that just doesn't work.

How many times did he violate?
What was the nature of his violation?
How many times has he been incarcerated?
Has he been in trouble while locked up?

There are plenty of reasons to explain what's going on.

The whole story needs to be looked at though not just part pf it.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Sunday, December 21, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy