Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

In Florida, can my landlord legally charge me for an overnight guest.?
I'm getting ready to sign a 6 month lease. My landlady just dropped it off and it states that if I have any overnight guests they must pay $75.00 to be there. Per person. And no one can stay ...

How long does a court order procedure take for custody or?
My girlfriend wont let me see my daughter. She is 3 and a half weeks old so I am taking her to court. The attorney is getting me my paperwork by the end of the week...we just got things started...how ...

Will this affect my career?
2 months ago I was placed under a section 2 having tried to walk out of a psychiatric hospital. After a week I was taken off it, as I agreed to stay and proved not to be a risk to myself anymore. H...

I need to know the basis for code Law??? HELP!!!?
Hey friends, do you know anything about "code law" such as countries that use this law, the basic principles, or give me a link where i can find reliable info other than wikepedia?

Why is alcohol legal but weed isn't?
What is it about alcohol that makes it so different from weed in terms of the need to keep one legal and the other illegal?...

Where is marijuana legal for recreational use?
where is marijuana legal for recreational use? in terms of countries. excluding medical marijuana....

Is congress going to pass that groovy "hate speech" crime bill?
This one is so cool. Basically, if you speak with someone who later commits a hate crime, you can be charged with the same crime because you "counseled" them. That should shut everyone up....

Is there a law in Washington DC on storing x-rays?

Janet renos contrributions to florida?
how it still impacts on us ...

Am I having enough break time?
I work from 7.30am to 8.30pm, being allocated 15 mins break at 11.30am and then half hr at around 2.30pm. The NHS is my employer but i'm on my feet constantly, up and down a hospital ward ...

What are some Pro's and Con's of Child Labor Laws?
Need it for a paper...

Most informative gets 10 points!!=)
Dont rush......

Child support warrant?
if my brother pays his back child support in full will his warrant be lifted and not arrested?...

How can I get a shoplifting charge off my record?

How illegal is this that i am doing?
i have been talking to a guy that is 21. IN a way.. i guess you could say we are Cybering.. in a light Sense. and well.. i really like him.. (he's ******* hot) but i am only 15. i live in W...

Medicaid recipient's mom being sued by city.?
My daughter was taken by ambulance after a complication from her broken leg. This was three years ago. About two months later, I received a bill for $200. She was on Medicaid at the time (still is) ...

Is global warning just a convenient lie?
http://www.globalresearc...

How do I get a DWI Work Waiver in Texas?
I received a DUI in California, but I moved to Texas. I'm going to need a work waiver, but I can't find any information on it. I'm thinkin' they're not called work waivers, ...

How does a "Prayer for Judgement" charge work.?
Not all states have this. Its a long story but I got a lawyer and they said it would not increase my Auto Rates if I just pleaded PFJ but now six months later I get a letter in the mail saying my ...

Gun Control Outline Help?
I have to write a 10 page paper on the pro's and con's of gun control laws.

I have a bunch of facts and statistics for both sides.
What I wanted to know is how to go about ...

Help with law question about copyrights. pleaseee?
Max plots a new Batman adventure and carefully and skillfully imitates the art of DC Comics to create an authentic-looking Batman comic. Max is not affiliated with the owners of the copyright to B...

jakek812
What is the legal status of brass knuckles in Maryland?

Additional Details
Despite what people are responding with here, I'm 100% positive Brass Knuckles are not illegal in the entire United States. They're regulated under state law, for example brass knuckles are definitely illegal in Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, Oregon, Utah, and Washington. However I don't know the status in Maryland. If you can provide an answer it would be appreciated if you could cite your source (law code in preferable). Thank you for your help :)

Show all answers
Post your answer

techno84723
Brass Knuckles are not legal in any of the united states.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

lolz
and why would you want brass knuckles?

Alice W
By the minus I guess you didn't got the answer you wanted to hear. We can't change the law to please your hears.

Brass knuckles (metal knuckles) are classified as a weapon in Maryland and carrying them is still illegal, the code makes distinction between concealed or open carry so that means no carry at all:

(c) (1) A person may NOT WEAR or CARRY a dangerous weapon of any kind CONCEALED ON OR BOUT THE PERSON.

If you use them is a fight you will be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

Also read about this guy who was caught in Maryland
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AnTUw.y3v9gp9dpahaqoWZEjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20070825132939AAAoFyM

If you still think you know better than us go ahead and do whatever you want but you will land in jail.

glistam3
Rating
Legal to own, illegal to carry concealed. §4–101 of the Criminal Code defines "metal knuckles" as a weapon, and this same statute makes carrying a dangerous weapon concealed illegal.
While wearing on the hands is not "concealed," it can easily be interpreted as brandishing them or preparing to use them unlawfully, a separate law.

You can buy them, keep them at home, play with them in the yard or in the house. But don't carry them in public.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, August 29, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy