Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Who was the defense lawyer of the Scottsboro trial?
The one who had to step aside....

Who is a good dui laywer in shippensburg?
who is a dui lawyer that can definitely beat the case in shippensburg university Pennsylvania...thanx name and number if ...

Mango tree has a branch hanging over the sidewalk. if some grabs a mango, is that person committing a felony?
There is a mango tree that has a branch hanging over the sidewalk. if some was to grab the mango, is that person committing a felony in the state of Florida. because i was seen with some people that ...

What happens to a case when heard by the Supreme Court?
please help me its for an essay question!
thanks, i appreciate it!...

Question about constitutional rights?
I was in Walmart buying a soda. After I got through check out, and went to exit, there was a lady standing there and wanted to see my receipted. That got me wondering about the constitutionality of ...

Do you think weed will ever be legal in the U.S?
Legal completely?
Or legal in small amounts?
How long do you think it will take for it to be legal?...

Internet harassment!!!?
there is this guy on youtube who keeps messaging me really disturbing messages making me hate him more and more. i dont know who he is in real life. he saw my comment on a video concerning lesbians ...

I NEED HELP PROVING SOMETHING I DID NOT DO !! AND WHAT OPTIONS I COULD DO?
Ok so i had a sub in a class and we where taking a test. my study guide is right next to me flipped upside down. so the sub walked by and picked it up and went to the table. i was like okay? and ...

Minor got caught shoplifting. NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!?
I was caught shoplifting about $150 worth of stuff 3 weeks ago in Indiana. I am 17 years old and this is my first offense in anything. I was taken back into a security room where the cops were called ...

Is it against the law to call a registered sex offender a "chomo"?
My husband was cited with disorderly conduct for saying the word "chomo" in front of a registered sex offenders adult child. The RSO is now pressing charges for it. I would like a little ...

Is it illegal to joke about having swine flu?
What law is it, maximum punishment???...

Currently. singapore has the lowest crime rate in the world. they also have death penalty and caning. do?
you think they are ...

What are some reasons why someone would NOT get unemployment?
After being fired from a job they had 5 years?

My brother was fired and will not say why...Why would someone NOT get unemployment?...

Question about the types of lawyers?
This is for a school project. What is the name of the kind of lawyer that accuses someone of something-the opposite of the defending lawyer? Thanks....

Statute of Limitations on Malicious Prosecution in California?
I am going to Small Claims Court to sue an attorney who brought a false credit card collection lawsuit against me. I won the case, but at a considerable expense. I want to sue him for Malicious P...

(UK) Does Gangster Rap cause crime, or just reflect the thoughts, feelings and attitudes criminals?
Can all the violence, misogyny and anti-white racism contained in the lyrics really be to blame for the high crime rate amongst its listeners?

Or isn't it more likely to be the other ...

Can a judge make a ruling on a bad mistake?
I'm going to court in about a month against my ex. He has 3 counts of misdemeanor communicating threats and 1 misdemeanor in stalking. My D.A says we have a good chance at winning sense the case ...

Is it legal for me to date a 15 year old?
I am 18 and we are not having sex until she 18
and we live in ...

Legal Problems: Fight?
I just got into a high school vs high school ghetto *** fight. They have it on tape. In the tape it shows me bashing in some guys face. He got up afterwards. I caused the huge brawl, and someone ...

What do you do if the check the government sends you, is thrown away by your mom?
Can you ask them to resend it?

That's some money I can't afford to lose.
Additional Details
Not a welfare check, a tax return check....

Lynn
What all does a background check show?
Any links to great helpful websites will get 10pts

Do background checks show up mental health information? I've never been admitted to a hospital or anything, I was just treated for depression in my childhood.

Is there an age at which the background check is applicable? (ex. 18 or 21, or is it your whole life?)

I know the obvious things, like felonies... no problem there... the only thing I'm worried about is my personal mental health info.

Also, do different employers get more information than others, or how does that work? (Like police departments)

Show all answers
Post your answer

dlnmllr
Rating
I believe they show everything since adulthood. and I mean EVERYTHING

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Private <}:-})
In a background check,
it's not only what you have told them,
but also, what you have "omitted,"
which can be guilt by "omission." <}:-})

Stuart
Employers run a criminal and credit background check. Convictions, bankruptcies and the like show up. Mental health issues do not.

- Stuart

Bob T
Rating
Your best bet is to look at all the services offered here: http://www.eFindOutTheTruth.com - The Background Check Superstore!® In an answer to your question no mental health records are not a matter of public record and do not show up on a background check. Background checks cannot be conducted on individuals 18 years of age and over. Finally, yes employers have the option of conducting any type of background check they want. Obviously, the price of the search is in direct porportion to the depth of the search. Most businesses run basic checks but if you are applying for a position with children, police, military, or a very high paying job you can bet that a much more extensive search will be conducted.

Linda R
Background checks are used to basically let employers or landlords know if you have committed any crimes which will hinder your employment or effect your ability to pay rent.

Antonio D
Back Ground checks depend on which agency conducts them...Speaking on the military side of the house...here's what happens...Most of the checks such as criminal records, court records, and financial records are pulled from public and private sources which sell this information...(ex. Credit Agencies)....Medical Records are a different story...It has to do with Patient-Doctor confidentiality...Unless there was a public record of it (Arrested and pleaded insanity...or a Court order to put you in an institution) They are not really going to find out, unless you either volunteer the information or give them signed permission to check your medical records...Doctors will not release the info without it...and then maybe...Other things they are looking for in medical records are indications of drug or alcohol abuse or treatment...Things as a minor don't really count on a background check...If the background checks include interviews...(required for Govt. Clearances) they can find out through friends or family...So if you don;t want them to know...Tell family and friends who know to keep quiet....But bottom line...No, not unless you tell them ..Take Care

DME B
Depends on the thoroughness of the check.

To work on a nuclear reactor you would have to divulge your medical history (mental health and all) but you would have had to give permission for them to get your medical history.

The adverage job does not require, nor are they privy to your medical history.

aori
Your regular background checks shouldn't touch your medical history. If you were to take a drug test, some prescription meds with addiction potential taken currently for treating depression (tricyclics, benzodiazepines) would show up if tested for, in which case an explanation would be in order. Since in your case it was a long time ago, it's not be a concern.

To sum things up, here's what is usually checked:

- Criminal History
- Employment History
- Education History
- Credit History (possible)
- Moving Violations (possible)
- Drug testing (possible - different substances might be checked for, depends on the specific company)
- Violent Sex Offender Registry (possible)
- Worker's Comp Claims

For more details of what background checks cover, read this:

http://www.hrprofile.com/employment-screening/employment-screening-services-and-background-checks.html

For more details of what drug tests cover, read this:

http://www.hrprofile.com/drug-testing/drug-testing-services.html

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, August 21, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy