Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Emancipation at 16?
(In Kansas) Now, before you assume I'm immature, it's not like I want to move in with my boyfriend. I feel like I'm mature enough NOW to move out, but there's money problems and I&...

DO WE really HAVE RIGHTS????
please tell me if you think students should be allowed to keep their 1st amendment rights (freedom of speech, expression, and protection against unfair or unjustified searches) while in school???

Is this unethical?
This is a hypothetical situation - lets say I believe that a local business is involved in illegal activities (selling drugs or guns etc) I decide to open a snack bar beside them because the space ...

I think any person convicted of plotting or carrying out acts of terrorism should hang..what do u think?

I found money at my workplace, no id, and it was held for one month unclaimed. Is it legally mine?
Also, if it's mine legally, and it goes missing while its being held, is the store liable for it?...

Can you legally modify a will?
when one of the people writting that will has been diagnosed with progressive ...

Is drink driving a motoring or criminal offence? does it show up on a CRB check?

Should abortion be illegal and why?

Would the economy of South America drastically improve if the United States legalized the use of marijuana?

How rich can I get and still go to Heaven?
Help!!! I'm scared!!!

The Bible says that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

I've ...

As the victim in a domestic violence case, if I am subpoenaed to testify, do i have to?
I'm trying to get the case dismissed by the state. I didn't press charges the state did and i DO NOT want to testify. If i get a subpoena do i truly have to testify? or can i refuse?...

Is wacking of in public a crime?
looks ...

Why is the government more concerned with keeping the Bible out of schools than keeping drugs out?

I have a question about 'the chip'?
I keep hearing people talking about 'the chip' being implanted in people for tracking, and other reasons, I think, I don't know too much.
Anyway, is the government really going ...

You Ever Broken A Law, but Weren't Arrested?
Do you feel you've gotten away with something?...

Don't you agree that pot should be legalized and.....?
alcohol should be illegal? I can't tell you how long and hard I've thought about this. So many peoples lives are ruined and taken by the use of alcohol. I have a friend who's son'...

My boyfriends started selling cannabis?
im really worried about him gettin caught and going to prison.i tried to tell him that it worries me and he just says dont be silly and when i told him that i dont want him doing it he said its not ...

Shoplifting? i didnt even do it?
i was trying on cheap rings with my friend (who does happen to shop lift) but i put one on that was just a silver band and i completly forgot about it and walked out of the store. then these people ...

Would this be illegal in america?
me and my boyfriend are going to america, i am from the UK, i am 18 and he will be 22 when we go

i know the law over there is different about the age of censent

will it be legal ...

Harsh punishiment for criminals is the best way to prevent crime or not?
harsh punishiment for criminals is the best way to prevent crime or not?
any quotations about it ?

devon lass
Smoking ban...in my car?
At my workplace we have been told we cannot smoke outside, on the premises.
I park in a staff & delivery car park, can I still smoke in my car even though it's on the premises?
There doesn't seem to be any info about these details, does anyone know?
I will give up when I want to & when I'm ready to, so no 'give up' comments please!
Additional Details
I am in Devon, UK & my car is my own, this is what I find extra annoying, I can't even smoke in my own car now?! Grrr! lol

Show all answers
Post your answer

no_spin_zone_factor
wow devon, do you live in the peoples republic of california?

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

RED (green's sister)
It would prob be allowed in ur car i cant see how they could stop u. This happened in Ireland when r ban came in a few years back. What was happening was that the people who smoked just went directly to the front of the building to smoke as u do. and 1 i suppose it didnt look good having 20 r 30 people smoking outside the main door and 2 u still had the problem of non smokers having to pass through all the smokers on the way in a out of work. Although im sure they would have to arrange a smoking area sometimes these are sheds r shelters away from the building r out side the car parks ect. thats what most companies here did. Becauses as u said just cause there is a ban ppl r still going to b smokers so i dont know if they have to provide a place for u by law but most companies will as a good will gesture.

Faye Prudence
If you cannot smoke on the premises that means that if your car is on the "premises" you can't smoke in it. I know, I hate that. The state of Indiana has passed a law that goes into affect on July 1. If you have passengers under 13 in your vehicle you cannot smoke.

Xiao Ke
Rating
Drive your car just outside of the premises then light up a bong and smoke away like a good old chimney from Charles Dickens time. Just to get ratty

Robin F
Rating
Quick answer - No, you can only smoke in a designated area within the premises. You cannot smoke in your car when it is on the premises.

karen
aint got a clue,ive been told u can get fined for throwin ur fag out the window thoe

MICHAEL P
Difficult one this .... you are in your own private car and not in an enclosed ( or substantially enclosed ) public area. However, you are within the confines of the workplace and they can call the shots if they think it does not comply with the law or is bad for other employees. You need simply to ask your HR department or general manager about this. They may agree that you car is your own private space and let you do it ... I would have thought that it was no big deal anyway. My only comment is that the car will one day be someone elses ( possibly ) and you really need to act with some consideration. I mean, presumably other people may travel in it? I inherited a company vehicle from a heavy smoker ... the smell and nicotine staining took months to remove and made me feel sick. Oh, you are kidding yourself that you will give up when you are ready. Sorry, but we've heard that all before ... it's a cop out .... but I do understand the intense nature of nicotine addiction so my empathy is with you and I certainly will not even attempt to tell you to give up. But you do know what makes sense ....

atticcat
Rating
Still the law prohibits smoking not only in public places and also inside a public transport. Maybe u can. anyway its only ur health that will be affected.

grodno
Rating
I don't smoke or foxhunt but I don't see why people should not do either if they want to.Why did thousands of our countrymen and women and allies die in world wars to defend our freedoms of which freedom of choice is a fundamental one, only for the following generations to have those freedoms taken away by the Nanny state. Smokers unite and smoke your heads off if that's what you want, they weren't able to stop hunting so how could they stop smoking if you all carried on as usual?Why don't the non smokers stand outside in the cold and drink their beers instead.

Edwin T
Rating
Find other way like rooftop or something like basement store room ok u have to smoke to throw tension away ok. this call freedom ok.

sarah1962
Rating
they can not stop you smoking in your car, but if your car is on there ground then they can stop you, just jump in your car and drive a bit up the road, enjoy your fag in peace, this is a total joke, but what can we do, hope it all works out,all the best

Ontheotherhand
Rating
I expect it means while on the physical business property. So, as long as the car is on the property, you won't be able to smoke. Or, it soon will be. Smoking eradication has become a goal justifying ANY means. Fairness, logic, or even reason are gone. Smoking will be stopped. You know that.

minty359
Rating
yes you can as its not a public place or a place of work

hard_n_tender26
Rating
Wow, now thats dictatorship! smoke wherever you want doll. dont be a sheep.

crankyissues
Rating
If your car is parked on the property of the workplace, then it is up to the company. You would need to check with them.

♥ ♫ chancun à son goût ♥ ♫
If it's your own car, you are not endangering anyone else by smoking in it.

Personally I think that all outdoor smoking bans are ridiculous--the smoke blows away--not into anyone's lungs.

Where I live they just imposed a law that there is no smoking within 25 feet of any business' entrance or exit--that's not too bad--we had heard we were going to be banned from ALL outdoor smoking--like in Tempe, AZ and most (if not all) of California.

It really peed my brother off when having season box seats to professional ball games--they stopped smoking there--again, outdoors. Those seats are very expensive. At least, they could have separated the smoking and non-smoking people--OUTDOORS--WTH?

goz1111
Rating
company policy not law will gov, if company policy is no smoking on company property then that's it does not matter if you are in your car if the car is located on company property

joe perkinstein
I love a Shmoke and a pancake whilst in Amsterdam..

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, October 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy