Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Smoking.........?
What do you think to the smoking ban in public places (Indoors)?...

I am stupid and ugly. Can I sue for compensation?

I'm being sued should i be worried about losing my money?
the other day i was walking down the street and my 12 y/o son pointed and said "oh my god dad look how fat that lady is" rather loudly, and because i didnt get mad at him or scold him for ...

A while ago my mates and I used wire clippers on the chains of the swings at the local playground...?
...and some kid fell when the chain broke and landed on a seagull and squashed it to death. One of my mates squealed on me and now I'm facing charges of cruelty to animals through negligence. W...

Is decapitation really the most painless form of execution?

I need help! Loaded gun in apartment?
Okay my husband signed a lease that says we can't have a loaded gun in our apartment. But what are we supposed to do for saftey? I sleep alone, cause he works nights. Having a loaded gun made ...

Are you in favour of the smoking ban that will take effect on 1 July 2007 in England?
From 1 July 2007, smoking will be prohibited in all pubs, clubs, bars, restaurants, theatres, cinemas, offices, shopping centres and other public places in England. Are you in favour of this?
P...

Is this a rasist statement?
We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children....

Can you get a DUI on a Bicycle?

Why are cars not been taken off our roads? they polluting my lungs daily yet i have to stop smoking outdoors??
this is a total act of discrimination. i pay my taxes and am law abiding. this country is becoming a nanny state. i considering immigration as the best ...

A smoking ban on Tom and Jerry cartoons because someone was offended? stop the world and let me off!!?

Is it ethical for Rumfield to quit when he greated the mess?
I have been repeatedly told that he was not fired he quit
The President stated he Quit
Additional Details
I am not a L...

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of death penalty?

Do you keep a weapon in your bedroom to use incase of a night time intrusion?
I'm just wondering because I'v kept a baseball bat under my bed for about 2 months now, since I saw someone or something in the garden at 3AM.
It occured to me today that it probably ...

I got punched in the neck by a woman after I blew smoke and the wind blew it in her babies face. Good?
Overreaction on her part? Should I press charges? Hire a lawyer? She had at least 1 ring on fingers and it left a nasty scratch in addition to the pain and suffering to the punch. She is completely ...

3 weeks ago, I got a $40.00 ticket for not wearing my sealt belt. I feel that this law is not constitutional.?
If I choose not to wear a seat belt, I should have that right. If there were really serious, why don't they give tickets to bike riders that don't wear helmets. To me, it's just a ...

Do text messages stand in court?
My ex and I have been having some mean word over text about custody and child support because I am 20 weeks pregnant with his baby.

Well my ex apparently called my dad and talked to him ...

Do you smoke pot?
do you also think it is stupid pots illegal , while something as harmfull and a waste of time as alcohal isnt?? i think this is obsurd.
Additional Details
i dont smoke pot. actually but ...

Do you think drunk drivers should be jailed for their first offense?

Who and what is responsible for increasing incidence of terrorism in the world?

drewy monster
PAEDOPHILES in my area?
i should be aloud to know if any paedophiles live in my area to protect my children , dont you all agree ??

Show all answers
Post your answer

Adrien J
yes its your right to know if any pedophiles live around your area. remember some people to deserve a 2nd chance

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

signman_03743
You could be a 'loud' person if you want to yell all the time at perverts, but if you want to be 'allowed' to find them in your area check your local state government website, should be a link there to registered sex offenders, or go to
www.geocities.com/paedophilewatch/paed...
and see if you can find your area listed there. I haven't used that site so I don't know how their search engine works.
And, common spelling in the US is pedophile.

speedy
yes one hundred percent i do

xhappyalix
I'm in 2 minds with this topic. I believe you have the right to protect you children, however I also believe that they should have the right to live their lives if they don't pose a risk and are properly monitored. Saying this, I previously lived in a shared house and one of my previous housemates failed to tell our landlord that he was on the sex offender register (we only found out after he had moved out and we found a letter in his old room) Although we don't know why he was on the register, I felt very violated that I was never informed - when I think about how we had friends bring their children around to the house and the amount of times I was alone in the house with him it makes me feel a bit sick.

Helen S
I didn't think that we were allowed to have a register like this in the u.k. but apparently they have in the u.s.a. What about our human rights as both parents and children? Why do the soft headed judiciary not bite the bullet and tell us where they are. I bet there would be far fewer abductions if we all knew!

Charlotte
yeah, i don't know what the website is but there is a site where you can check if there are any paedofiles!!! xx - try the police website or something!!

Bachata Mouse
Rating
No because they have done their time and if they are now free they should be able to live their lives in peace. What's next? A registry for bank robbers and people convicted of being fat?

manderlc
Rating
I work in Sex Crimes. The answer is yes, you have a right to know where a sexual offender is living in your area. Click on this link and select what state you are in. http://www.nsopr.gov/

Then just follow the directions on how to plug in your address. I would contact your local sheriff's office to find out the laws on informing your neighbors whether there is a sexual offender living in your area.

kevin T
Rating
Yes, Parents have the right to protect their children in where sexual predators are living. Here is a link to the national sexual predator regestry.

http://www.nationalalertregistry.com/cgi-bin/shop.cgi?product=NAR&offer=DBSUFFRB&affiliate=000001&tracking_id=NARMECPT1&engine=yahoo!4183&keyword=sexual+predators+list

Cal_7
Can i just say that the government in the USA has got the exact right idea they have the names faces and addresses of any convicted paedophile online so you can find out if there is one living near you, but here in the UK we are pretty much flying blind as to who is a danger and who is just a bit odd, its time we forced our government to give us the same that the USA has!!!
Its time we knew who the Sick pervs are living near us...so we can move away!!!

dymond
You are allowed to know there is a sexual/violent registry they all have to comply with.Look up your county's on the Internet.It gives addresses as well as offenses.Example: Dawson county sexual offenders registry.com

JUSTME
Definitely. It is law that these perverts had to register no matter where they live and work and that the info is available to anyone requesting it. Below is a link that can get you started.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Rommel
if the government or the legal system gave!! a sh*t about your children, pedophiles would not be free to stalk the streets in the first place. BUT! they dont....so perhaps it would be best to get a meeting of fathers going in your local comunity. then you can Quietly take steps to protect your own children because the law wont. ( that would be my advice. )

Charlene
Just keep your eyes on them instead of trying to hunt them down and it'll be fine.

shitebird
Rating
depends on what you want to do to them. you must remember some of them are actually seeking help. agreed most are not . but we can't punish someone all the time for crime. at some point we as a civilisation have to try and correct the people with problems we have to help. we must also use commonsense and not go off waving our arms in the air yelling and pointing phaedophile.

people are not given list's because their are those who will attack and kill the accused and convicted. and what about the person who was convicted who is not guilty . all this has to be taken into consideration.

many times, especially men are accused of this so the marrige/ relationship split partner can keep him away from his kids out of spite. would you want the innocent hounded.

its a complex issue with no real or good answers or solutions. i would agree they should not be near children. just in case

Susie D
Rating
Yes, you should know if there are pedophiles in your area, but the bottom line is that it is your obligation to protect your children regardless.

Every pedophile has a first victim.....want it to be your kid?

Deity
You can certainly tell which answers are from people without children. Instead of protecting these preditors and giving feable excuses for their horrific behaviour, understand that knowledge is power, similarly to if there's a known shark in the water you don't go running into the ocean.

A sex offender is nothing like someone stealing, what an offensive comparison. The fear parents have is that these people are older, devient, secretive and exploit trust. It is a very presonal violation, on a child, who is impressionable, will be traumatised, develop unhealthy memories, instill fear, crush confidence and destroy other/future relationships.

To the people who dont worry, have a general opinion or simply don't recognise the seriousness of this breeding problem infecting our communities, I say how would you respond if you were defensless against someone/thing able to overpower you and take advantage of your weakness?

Children get lured, manipulated and tricked because they don't know any better. Quite often it is right under the parent's nose, even at a social event in a house and can take just minutes and before they are even aware. To anyoone who says, "you should be aware of your child" to the concerned parents in this topic, are ignring that they ARE trying to be aware and find out the obvious dangers to avoid.

Nikki
Everyone has public access to view your area code and see if there is sex offenders living in your area. Call your local police station and they can give you a website. Also, police stations have pics in a binder that the public is able to view. I am in WI and we have a childsafe network online to view.

Matt
That's fine as far as it goes to know that a paedofile lives in your neighbourhood, but what about someone who is a first time offender, whose career in crime starts with your child?

Keep an eye on your kids anyway; let's face it you're not going to keep your front door locked just because you live near to a burglar, you're going to keep it locked in case an opportunist thieving git pops round.

leece
Rating
Yes i agree you should be notified if their is any in the area,

jed slade
THE GOVERMENT AND POLICE KNOW ABOUT THEM ,THEY SHOULD PROTECT EVERYONE FROM THEM.Many times civil rights protect those who put themselves outside the law,this is when lynch law erupts.Many killers and serial sex offenders are walking free,many re-offend,where do you draw the line.When you put yourself outside the law,it should not then be used to protect you,it should be forfeit.This applies particularly to terrorists.

john k
Rating
In most states they have web sites that list the location (address of all sex offenders) atleast those the actually register, and those that don't are violating the law and if found are probably getting to visit there old home in the dept of corrections.

second only to trollalalala
Rating
Or, you could get the community together, build a stake around the paedo's house while they sleep and then burn it.

brightblonde
no it will only incorage vigilanty justice

pedophillia is a mental illness, pedophilles should be locked in a mental assylem untill a cure is found

but knowing where they are wont help

Brandon
Rating
www. registeredoffenderslist.org

angrymammal
Rating
Absolutely not. There is no grounds for bringing in a Sarah's/megan's law, a recent report by the NSPCC said as much.

There are incredibly effective structures and procedures in place for protecting the community from known sex offenders, it just doesn't hit the headlines when consistently they do their job properly day in, day out.

There is not a 'paedophile' on every street corner just waiting to get his hands on your child. Convicted sex offenders are the group of offenders who are least likely to be reconvicted.

Chermaine R
Rating
i totally agree i have 4 kids and id want to know if someone like that was living near me for the sake of my kids but my personal ophonion of those people wouldnt be allowed on hear

LEE
Rating
OIC, you are only worried about sexual attacks on your children. Why are you not also worried about being told of rapists, murderers, con artists, armed robbers, et al also living in your area.

Allen B
Rating
Not in the UK where a paediatrician's house was attacked because the attackers didn't understand the difference!

brian h
Shouldn't you be protecting your children anyway?

Even if they don't live in your area they are still a danger.

Champagne
I most certainly do agree. In fact, better still, paedophiles shouldn't be let out to mix in the community at all.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, April 21, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy