Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Can someone with a warrant legally live in my house?
my friend has a warrant out because he didnt show up to a courtdate, and he lives with me. no one knows his address, he never got it changed and his parents ( where he supposedly lives ) dont know ...

Victim Of Hit And Run?
Yesterday I came outside of my apartment to install a new car seat for my child. I opened the door and then squatted down to make adjustments to the car seat before putting it into the car. The ...

We could stop shooting by putting all the people that shoot in jail?
there whole ...

How do probate bonds work?
My husband just passed away last month. he had no will and nothing of value except our home that we lived in for 25 years but was entirely in his name. I want to fix it up and stay here as it is ...

Getting sued, please give advice!?
My husband is a sole trader of a bitumen driveway business. He recently was sent to jail due to various assault charges, and we are likely to be sued by the victim. I am needing information on ...

Discussion about Law?
In what cases, do you think, it's acceptable for a person to be against the law? Is it necessory to have an international law?...

I have the same name as my father he dont have his i d he lost it so i was cashing his check v a check will?
get in trouble for fraud cause hes on drugs now this month he tried to say he didn't get a check and they r tracing the check how long dose it take to trace a check wat r my consequences for ...

My lanlord has not given back my security deposit. They accidently charged me water and sewage charges which?
were included in my lease. They keep saying they'll give me the money back but it's been three months. I live in Miami, FL. What do I do?...

What happens with an assault and battery charge if falsely accused?

Was it fair to ask Miss California her views on Gay Marriage?
I've never seen a divisive question asked during a beauty pageant. I don't think asking questions about gay rights or abortion or do you believe in God type questions should be allowed. I�...

Are Indian women considered incapable of committing adultery by law?
Under section 497 of the Indian Penal Code, Adultery- "Whoever has sexual intercourse with a person who is and whom he knows or has reason to believe to be the wife of another man, 'without ...

Why so Federal Judges serve lifetime appointments?

Delaware child support:?
here's the information.... my boyfriend is paying his ex for child support. She just recently married. We plan on taking her to court for the bogus stuff she does as a mother (bad parent... ...

What type of punishment does libel entail?
If someone is accused of libel, what kind of punishment will he/she receive?...

How can I seek legal advise in a case that has been drawn out for years, due in part to my own lawyer?
It's a long story, but to sum it up our case involves us (home owners),a nationally known Insurance Company, and the contractors our insurance company urged us to use after our home sustained ...

Can a man court order a dna test against the mothers request?
Im married and he doesn't want a dna- test but I'm wondering can a man come -along and court order a dna test on a woman who doesn't want a dna test or child support from him , if he ...

Is it illegal to smoke in you own house if your childrens in the house?

What does this mean "demean the seriousness of the offender's conduct"?
came from a search about first offense burglay a fourth degree felony in ohio
Additional Details
"When a court imposes sentence for a felony upon an offender who has not previously ...

Whats the by-laws that empower the northern ireland police to stop members of the public from taking photograp?

How do you get house arrest in California?
My brother has served 3 months out of 8 months that he was sentenced to.
He wants to continue with school and we need him to help out at home. We run a home business and my parents can not do it ...

Serena
Is there any law requiring children to have their own room?
I've heard things that my son is supposed to have his own bedroom, people claim it's a state law. Does anyone know if it's true or not that a kid is legally supposed to have their own bedroom in the state of Virginia? I can barely afford a single room for myself and my son, let alone a 2 bedroom apartment.
Additional Details
For the person saying I have no business having a child because I can't afford a 2 bedroom apt, there are many people who can't afford that. Here is one example, of many. What should it matter how big of a home a kid has as long as he/she has a roof over their head, food to eat, and unconditional love. Anyway, here the the link, someone else with similar problem as me.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AshKSFcLeAC2Nlb17tKCRiTsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20071220211905AAZfIRO

Show all answers
Post your answer

If you can't give your child his/her own room, you have no business having a child.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

*7 Inch Heels*
Rating
uhh i know in the state i live in then yes after the kid is of certain age they have to have their own bedroom and have to have their own bed. so you obviously cant have them sleeping with blankets on the floor or have them on the couch or anything. Also there is a law for how many kids you can have in a room and i think it goes by sq. footage?

Joe
I've heard depending on the state, a child over a certain age, like age 5, they have to have their own room.
Check with your town/county.

evilattorney
Typically, local laws describe these kinds of requirements.

ipi4u
Rating
FHA requires a male and female sleep in separate rooms. If the child is over the age of 5 he should have his own room. You need your privacy as well. Generally if a mother and daughter live in a one bedroom home it's the same way, the child should have their own room however, its more pronounced when the genders are opposing. Rent is high these days. I suggest that you give the child the bedroom and you get a fold out couch in the living room. A child needs a quiet place to sleep and you will have more freedom sleeping on the fold out.... been there, done that! Good Luck

discmaniac
Rating
absolutely not wow
are u serious?

IceBreaker27
No.

Some towns limit the number of people who can live in a home, usually by the number of bedrooms. Most foster care regulations prohibit children of the opposite sex of sharing a room. But it doesn't sound like these apply to your situation.

There are some very creative, low-budget ways to partition a studio apartment into several semi-private living areas.

(Also, I know this isn't your question, but having sex in front of the child is illegal.)

Lisa A
Rating
No.

That is only for foster children, or other CPS cases.

Michael H
Rating
In some instances yes. Subsidized housing can require that children over a certain age have their own room, children living in foster care may be required to have their own room.

If you are asking if Virginia just arbitrarily came along and said 'every child must have their own room by state law' then the answer is a resounding and unequivocal....no.

Your safe....:)

flika
There is no law in Virginia, or anywhere else for that matter, that states a child must have his/her own room.

If your child is fed, clothed, otherwise cared for, happy and loved, you have no reason to be concerned.

There is a law in Virginia and other states that applies to foster children regarding the sharing of a room with anyone 18 or older, separate rooms must be provided for such children.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, July 28, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy