Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Is it legal to charged more per gallon at a Sacramento CA gas station for paying with credit instead cash?
I went to a gas station and was charged $.05 more per gallon beacuse I did not pay with cash. The sign posting this information is small, hard to read, and very easily missed. I do have pictures to ...

Is it illegal to say you tortured a cat?
on mysace i recentaly posted a thread about how i killed and ran over a cat. now this not being true i assume that i am safe from legal action right. i mean i didnt do it. and its not like you cann ...

Shoplifting question?
when i was like 12 or 13. i was staying with distant family in Wyoming, i had forgotten my toothbrush, but was too scared to ask for someone to buy me one (i was shy and anxiety ridden, I know i don&#...

Guns.....?
Now, I'm asking out of pure ignorance here...
Why doesn't the government ban ALL guns from the general public?.... The only citizens that would be allowed to carry them would be those ...

Death Penalty-- What do u think of it?????
I love a good Debeat
Additional Details
I love how everyone has an input. I for one am split. I mean on the one hand I would hate 2 play god and decide who lives and who dies. But tthen ...

Would it be worth it to sue this guy?
Here's what happened...I bought a car in 07. The guy that sold me the car was the rightful owner, but he had not sent in for his copy of the title. He just signed the title that he had over to ...

If someone is parks in YOUR driveway??
My neighbor parks in my driveway ALL the time without my permission and I want to egg his car or throw mud all over it, but I don't want to be legally responsible for anything. Since the car is ...

Neighboor's cigarette smoke coming in our windows?
We live in the top floor of a condo. Both neighboors below us smoke outside both in front and on their deck. In the summer, it is a major drag when we have our windows open. The smoke flows right ...

Can I move to another state with my child?
I have a 3 year old daughter and am separated from her father. The divorce will be final in January and am currently engaged to my childhood sweetheart who happens to be in the army. The wedding is ...

Should britian's legal drinking age be lowerd?

Additional Details
this is for a school powerpoint please give more information ;D...

Which organization is this?
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 600 employees and has the following employee statistics?

29 have been accused of spouse abuse
7 have been arrested ...

I'm sexy, I'm underage, and I plan on drinking and driving today.?
How many beers can I drink to stay below 0.08% within 3 hours?

What if caught and zero tolerance law comes into effect? License suspension? Jail? Deportation (lol)?

Thanks
<...

Do you think the death penalty is morally right?

Bought car from a garage, baliffs have just turned up to repossess,previous owner owe money on it,what can do?
Garage no help, they said they had done a HPI check so call police but police won't come as it's a civil matter. Citizens advice will call back within 24 hours but the car is winched up ...

What to do if someone is choking?
I watched an american program lately called 'what should you do?' and there was a scenario of someone choking and it advised that you should not slap them on the back as this can cause the ...

I smell a rat when a teacher said he is a former FBI agent, should I say or do anything?

Is this a good reason to call the cops?
im barbecuing and someone asks if they can join me and i say "your mom" and then they call the cops. is this harassment? could i get fined?...

What would happen if cannabis replaced alcohol?
Imagine if alcohol was illegalized and cannabis took it's place.Everyone would be happy and laughing in bars, not getting in fights and the hospitals wouldn't be full of alcohol related ...

What do you think is the cruelest crimes to mankind is?
mine would have to be child molestation,and one caught should get the death penality,any crime against another human is a great atrocity
Additional Details
yes slavery and the holucaust ...

How does one get pulled over for no reason and then arrested with no initial cause for the pull over/arrest?
hi my name is amanda and im writing to you to see if you can help me answer a few questions.
me and my boyfriend was on break from class and went to grab something to eat. when we were infront ...

kk the dream
Is it wrong to punch someone in the face after theyve been pushing you?
because this girl was pushing me and threatening me. and everyone pushed me in this huge circle screaming FIGHT! FIGHT! and i really didnt want to but she was pushing me so i punched her in the face and then the police were comeing! was i wrong to do that or is that toally legal like self defense??

Show all answers
Post your answer

Jason W
In this case it would NOT be self defense since you made no effort to retreat before striking back.

However, you stand an excellent chance of sucessfully arguing that she knowingly provoked you. Unlawful provokation (especially physical provocation) is an excuse in most jurisdictions.

Bear in mind that since provocation is, legally, an "exscuse" and not a "justification", the burden of proof is on you to prove that your were provoked. This may not bee too difficult since you seem to have many witnesses who will corroborate your story.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

sminthian1980
I guess it's up to the police to decide. If you hadn't hit her back, it would have been completely her fault. Since this was apparently a fight over nothing, you had nothing to lose.

i dont have a name
Rating
noooooooo

m.jimerson94
Rating
yeah it is i would of beat her and u should of good 4 u

Duane
Sounds like self-defense.

Jay
Rating
No, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I'm NOT BY ANY MEANS saying that anyone he pushes you should instantly be decked in the face. Today's society is so screwed up, I mean even my dad said if they didn't have all these laws and make such a big deal even for a simple fight in school he would probably tell me to deck a kid who wouldn't get off my back, and you know what, that kid would probably deserve it. Yes there are better ways to handle it but I don't think "talking it out" or "saying no" helps so much in this situation so even though no one on here will agree with me, agree with a kid such as myself who went through all this **** in middle school. Anyone who gives you a hard time, teach them a lesson.

Ray@yahoo
that's all u did wow yeah i guess

SubVana
Rating
No thats not wrong if she was aggravating you then you have every right to defend yourself, i would of done the same.

Rachel P
Rating
When she touched you. PAUSE She assaulted you and you defended yourself by punching her.

subwm4bush
Rating
No. Punch away.

Alex
first person to touchg gets " battery"...hitting is assualt...and they wouldnt have a problem arresting both of you.

Bardy
Why lower yourself to thier level, set the example and walk away.

thresher
Rating
I defended myself 5 times in high school do to people that have issues.Yes its wrong but that was the only way it stopped.Suspended each time 3 days.

Alex S
nope unless she when to punch you and u punched her its not self defence, if people are screaming fight then you sould reply "oh im sorry i forgot i was only five!" then walk away and if the girl punches you... F**KING DECK HER :-)

Shorty
self defense i guess,

wouldnt worry too much about it.
she did wrong by pushing you!

Sober C
If you couldn't walk away from it, you have the right to defend yourself. No such thing as a fair fight.

No L
Rating
yea an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

Dark_S_talker
Rating
Shorten that down to, "Is it wrong to punch someone in the face?", which I'd go with yes. I imagine the whole thing could have been resolved without punching her.
Now, I've not heard the whole story but it sounds like you weren't completely out of line if she started it. Depends how far it went really, lots of factors of what was said and who was pushing who and what you thought she was going to do. Doesn't sound like you'll get in a lot of trouble if you just hit her once.

darkvictoryarmory
Rating
In the eyes of the law, a push is the first blow. You are entitled to fight back and are very legally defensible in your actions. However there is a practical side to this too. The person with the visible wounds is generally not the person who gets locked up. Without witnesses a push might be problematic.

FRAGINAL-NOYPI
Rating
Pushing is an unlawful provocation. Thus, punching someone who is pushing is valid because it is self-defense.

Mujer Bonita
Rating
She brought it on herself

♥Kellyy//babyy.
no!
you were defending yourself.
you should have told her off.
but if the cops were coming.. run =]

blueice8383
You should have kicked her between the legs and screamed, "I DON'T KNOW YOU, THAT'S MY PURSE"!!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, October 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy