Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

What was final jeopardy category for 4/24/09?

Nike and slave labour?
im doing this project for my school about retailers who use slave labour? do you know any ? i found nike but the info are quite old (about a year). Can't find any latest info in the internet :S...

What is the saudi goverment's penalty over liqour?

I moved to North Carolina a few weeks ago and interviewed at sears...I passed the drug test but haven't heard?
back from them...is that because I have drunk driving on my record from my home state? I was convicted there and went to jail and did a probation but successfully completed.....

Delaying a magistrates court date?
I've been done by the cops for driving without being in proper control of the vehicle, got pulled over last Sept. I felt the treatment was a little picky by the officer, so I challenged the ...

What is the legal age that someone can serve behind a till in the UK?
I.e. in the local delicatessen?...

Is Senator John Kerry also a movie producer?
I see where John Kerry wants to do a film funded by the Federal Election Commission about returning Iraqi war veterans. I think a real veteran could produce that better but my point and question is ...

Verbal Contract Arizona, Buying Trailer - Need advice?
I live in Tucson, Arizona. I am purchasing a 1981,26' travel trailer from a man. I found this trailer on craigslist for $1,000, or best offer.

At around the 10th of April, I went to ...

Is dumpster diving illegal?
I can't find anything about dumpster diving being illegal online. I'm specifically asking about Richmond and Henrico county, VA. My friend wants to go and I'm all for it, but I don�...

Ever get robbed by the police?
on our harlies, we were on our way to quaker steak and lube to get some wings and have some fun cause the weather just broke 72deg. 4 of us get on i90 west, 2 miles later when a rocky river squad ...

Public interest - law?
hey,
i jut waned to enquire if anyone could aid me in some law revision.
can anyonefully expand on public interest? any acts associated with it in the UK or US.

Can a legal alien sue a US Citizen assuming they're both in US?
Just something I saw on the news that prompt my curiosity (and I have an interest in law). Can a US citizen, who has committed a crime, be sued by an alien?

What I saw on the news was that ...

How likely is it that you will get caught buying marijuana seeds online"?
in the united ...

Is marijuana legal in Canada?
I've heard there were smoke shops in BC like in Amsterdam. What are the laws like in Canada?...

How much time would I get if I ran down the street naked?

How can I legally put clips of Sitcoms in my film project?
I am doing a film project about 'favorite Sitcoms' and I'd like to put clips of different sitcoms in the project. How can I do this legally? Can it be under five seconds? Do I need to ...

Can i file for unemployment in maryland if i got moved from full time to part time, but didn't get fired?
was working at least 40 hrs a week for quite some time and recently have only been scheduled for 15-25.. do i qualify for any assistance that anyone knows ...

What type of crimes deserve capital punishment?

My dad, deceased 22 years, died intestate. what are my british rights?
well apart from my own problems now kinda coming to a close and the feelings towards my dads other wife kinda making sense to me now, plus the fact that i may never see what should have happened ...

Why is marijuana still illegal in the United States?
the jails and prisons in the United states are full of otherwise law abiding citicens who have done nothing more than the recreational use of pot. our economy sucks and by taxing it's use could ...

Is it illegal to give your underage child alcohol in your own home?
specifically in the state of maryland. I am not talking about getting them intoxicated, but for many cultures, allowing a sip of wine for a teenager at a sunday dinner, for instance, is an acceptable practice

Show all answers
Post your answer

laine
Rating
Wow- um- don't give your kids alcohol. Duh. Yeah the chances of them getting alcohol somewhere else is pretty high. But don't be one of those people who says "i'd rather them drink in the house" cause not only will they drink in your house- they'll drink at anyone's house. And since you allow it- they don't think you'll care. So they'll start partying younger- probably get into a car at some point. Where they could kill themselves- or worse- someone else. All so you could give your kids alcohol? Give them juice. Cause you're going to look really bad one day when they get in trouble for alcohol and the law finds out you supply it.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

simroz_sid
Rating
I'm not sure about Maryland, but it's legal here.
But why would you give your child that poison???
No alcohol is healthy for you, don't believe the hype about red wine.

josh o
here in wisconsin if you feel the need to you can take your underage kid to the bar. once their 18 its a dif story. idk i hear of people putting whisky in/on their kids bottle when their teething so i wouldnt c why it would b illegal.

msimmons0708
Sad that we have to even ask permission on this. My kids drank wine and beer when we lived in Germany because it was legal and normal, they sipped it but they had full cups of spiced Kinderwein at Christmas, they were never even close to intoxicated and I think because of drinking age here in the USA we have more drinking problems...I mean you can die for your country at 17 years old (with consent of parents to enroll in military) and yet you cant have a beer legally until you are 21....does anyone else see this as a bit assinine????

Zach V
Rating
Probably not.

Intoxication is a different story though.

Michael H
Rating
In Maryland, minors can consume alcohol in religious ceremonies, and int eh presence of their parent/guardians in a private residence.

H4
Rating
It's legal in most places but I'm not sure about Maryland because the law in the US seems to be tougher on these things than everywhere else.

OK I just looked it up and it seems it's legal, here is a really good site: http://www.alcoholpolicy.niaaa.nih.gov/stateprofiles/StateProfie.asp#UACN
It gives 2002 Md. Laws 26 and Md. Code Ann., Crim. Law s. 10-117 as the reference.

glistam3
Rating
It is legal. The crime of furnishing alcohol to a minor (§10–117) in the state of Maryland has several exceptions. It is legal to give alcohol or allow it to be consumed by a minor so long as:
-You are members of same immediately family and you are in a private residence
-it is part of a religious ceremony

I have provided a link to the actual law for your verification. I can tell you that I lived in Maryland as a child and my family was Roman Catholic. Catholics give wine during mass every Sunday to those who have passed First Communion (age 7-8). It is only a tiny sip. Furthermore, my parents often allowed me to have a quarter glass of wine during Easter or Christmas dinner. I rarely finished, but there was nothing wrong with it. When I grew up, alcohol had no stigma nor sense of the forbidden, and therefore I felt no need to drink at all during my teen years, nor do I have much interest in drinking as an adult.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy