Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Will you break the law on the 1st July? Smoking Ban!!!?
I'm a smoker... and before you say it, I know its bad for me!!! thats why I've tried giving up so many times.
But, Oh.. my.. god, big brother is trying to control me!!! On ...

Cannabis : Pros and Cons?
The title kinda speaks for itself I just want people to look at this seriously for a moment. I would also like to people to be as unbias as they can please....

"A scantily clothed girl or woman is begging to be sexually harassed" Do you agree or not? Why?

Additional Details
Let's change 'sexually harassed' to 'rape'. Still her own fault?...

What are your opinions on the death penalty?
for or against, and why?

just curious :)

PS because this is a political and constitutional subject, please keep god out of it. One cant argue "thou shalt not kill&...

Why should men pay for a child they never wanted?
A man must choose to be a father in the same way that a woman chooses to be a mother. It is not fair that a woman can use a morning after pill without consent, abort without consent, and have the ...

Do you think the judge would find it funny if I wore a shirt that says, "There is too much blood in my alcohol?
" when I go to court tomorrow for a drunk driving charge? I think it will make him laugh and be easier on me but my friend said no way....

Do you think owning a gun should be legal or illegal? Even for purposes of protection?
Do you think guns kill people, or people kill people?

I personally love shooting guns....

Why do companies turn a blind eye toward abuses by the State in China?
Are they working with or against the U.S. Government?

http://www.state.gov/g/d
U.S. Government’s Human Rights Report for 2005
http:...

Is it rude to ask a stranger for a cigarette, breaking it and throw it away ?
This is an ethics query.

After all, what does it matter how it is disposed, either smoked or broken ? Since it has been given up, is the discretion not up to the beggers there after ?
<...

My daughter had an affair and is expecting her second child, what should I do?
My daughter had an affair with her aunt's hubby and is now expecting her second child with the same guy. He lives with his wife and visits my daughter whenever he is able to. My own husband ...

Should we demand an investigation into 911 by the new congress?

I know of two men both are 25 and neither have worked since leaving school.?
they both say they are happy on there benefit money and have no intention of working.1 has 5 kids the other has 3. what do you think of people like this? and what would you do to get them into work?...

Kids keep tresspassing on property (they're doing it right now) Am I allowed to physically deal with them ?

Was old mother hubbard not getting enough income support???

Hello,Is it legal to encroach onto an unadopted road by building a wall on it & reducing the road width?
2 cottages are served by an unadopted, unmade road (cul de sac) at the main road end of this dirt road & to one side of it is a bungalow. New owners of this have started to build a new wall at ...

Execution of child molesters and child killers?
I feel that anybody who kills of molests a child should be publicly executed. I understand that my views are very hardcore, however if you have kids you know why I feel this way. Besides there is no ...

If your Mom had aborted you, would you be sad about it?
Someone asked me recently, "How would you feel if your Mom had aborted you?"

I just laughed--she didn't see the impossibility in her question....

Should gay marriage be allowed?
all right. heres how my unorthodox questions work. they do not give my stance or anything, however, i'm gonig to provide 3 valid points for each side (con. and liberal) and whichever side you ...

For those who support the death penalty?
If you think the death penalty is a deterrent, then how do you explain the lower murder rate in states where the death penalty has been abolished?

http://www.deathpenaltyi...

Do you believe the death penalty is right?
why or why ...

hopeful_horses
Is it illegal for someone to take a picture of you while you are on your own property with out permission?
this person has been watching my family and i while we work outside. yesterday she started taking pictures of us while outside working on my runin shed. she stayed on her property but did not have permission to take pictures and didn't stop when asked. she was also taking pictures of people and their trucks while driving in my driveway.

Show all answers
Post your answer

aire_concerto
Technically, it is illegal, as you're not allowed to use someone's likeness in your photography (in the spirit of the law, I'm taking it that they mean living things such as humans and pets) without their permission unless on neutral ground such as horse shows, or any sort of animal show where you're a photographer and it's usually inferred that the subject is subject to be photographed at any moment.

If you take a photograph at a park or something, you're technically supposed to blur out the person's face if you don't have their permission to use their likeness.

This is, of course, if you don't pay them..

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

de viking
shuld have dropped trow -- what yah goona do swear out a warrant against her/him?? by the way what were u doin???

Darrez
Rating
not if they pay you

Matt, From N Ireland
She sounds like a right weirdo, it may or may not be illegal depends on were you live, were i am its illegal (i think)

bigjuggies79
That depends on if it is there job/paid. A detective can take pics. of you. This person can't if it is not a job.

jeepsarecool
Rating
Get a camera and take pictures of her photographing you and ask her what she is doing.

Taylor W
Rating
Its not illegal.why, u got to tell that person why u r on that property.

elaeblue
Rating
Maybe she thinks you are making drugs in your shed.

Empress Jan
Rating
You need to contact an attorney to find out the parimeters of this. This is invasion of privacy, in my eyes, and also may be slanderous and used for defamation if she posts them on the internet (altered for example and it's easy to do). Also contact the police to file harrassment charges.

Muledancer
Rating
I think that a person can take pictures but cannot publish without your permission.
Best to call a lawyer on this one.

sammy
Rating
this is certainly illegal and i would sue her for that. call the police on account of intrusen of your privacy!

skiingted
Sounds to me like you have one wonderful neighbor! Just kidding!
I don't see where you can stop her from taking "images" of her surroundings.
It sounds like she is trying to build a case against you for building something (runin shed?) without a permit.
Get even with her and borrow a big 35mm camera with a telephoto lens on a tripod and make it obvious that you are taking pictures of her, especially when she is peeking out the window.
Ha-ha!!!! I love revenge!

U.S.Veteran
I once posed this question to the L.A.P.D., and their answer was that anybody can take a picture of you anywhere at any time.

fett.bubba
Rating
Where you doing anything that could be constued to be illegal? If not she can't take your picture, but on the public street she can as long as it's not harrassing and you have to be asked if it's OK to do so first. You asked her to stop and she didn't, you should of called the police as you have a resonable expectation of privacy. It could be construed as an invasion of your privacy, it depends on the laws in your local. However if they pay you, then the picture is their property, and they can do what they wish with it, and you will have no recourse.

hexeliebe
If you were outside in the yard or otherwise in the public view, then it was NOT illegal.

chaitra s
can take pictures

davidmi711
"is it illegal for someone to take a picture of you while you are on your own property with out permission?" - It is not illegal to take pictures of anything that can be seen from a location where you have the right to be. As such, a person can take a picture of you while you are on your property if they take the picture from a public place (standing on the street) or from their property.

Elliott J
Rating
Possibly. If you are in your front yard, no. If you are in your back yard and it is fenced in where you have the expectation of privacy - then yes. This is common law for private use of photos. Now, if the photos are used for commercial gain regardless of where the photos were taken - then it is illegal. If they are taken of you in your back yard where privacy is expected and your photos are posted on the net, then there is an invasion of privacy issue. I hope the clarifies the issue.

sarge927
Rating
Depends on the laws of your state, but generally speaking if you're outdoors, even if you're on your own property, you're fair game for photographers.

icarus62
I don't know where you are in the world but here in the UK it's only illegal if you have a 'reasonable expectation of privacy' e.g. if you're inside with the curtains closed. Publishing them would be another matter, of course.

sinisterphoenix
Rating
Not if you are outside or visible from the outside (i.e. standing in front of an open window). If you are outside it is considered that you are 'in public view'. As long as the person was taking the picture with the camera in plain sight it's legal.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, September 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy